CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   A (belated) introduction and hello! (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22213)

mickey January 18th 04 07:58 PM

A (belated) introduction and hello!

Hi Everyone-

It just occurred to me that I haven't properly introduced myself, even
thought I've been reading the group off and on for over 2 years, and
have even posted a handful of times. So here goes!

I'm a Midwest girl who was recently transplanted to New England for my
DH's career. Still trying to find my footing here. Obviously, I'm
married, but I have no human "kids." Our "babies" are two lizards -
Norman, the bearded dragon, and Clio, the mountain horned dragon. Of
course, they are completely spoiled! :-)

I mostly cross stich and crochet, though I have some samplers in my
statsh with some other counted stitched in them. I'm slowly
diversifying. Before I started reading this group, I had only worked
from kits, but now I'm using specialty fibers (I love blending
filament!) and even have a small project started on linen. Mostly, I'm
having difficulty finding the time to stitch. Sigh. I did manage
almost 3 hours last night!

Now for the important stuff, I love all kinds of chocolate, except when
it's mixed with peanut butter. But I prefer dark chocolate (Dove) with
a nice glass of red wine. I do lick my floss occasionally, when I can
find my needle threader. And for especially for Tia Mary: I prefer
Miracle Whip on sandwiches, but I prefer mayo on veggie burgers.
(Ducking and running...)

Hello to everyone! Y'all rock!!!

--Mickey
Mansfield, MA

to reply, remove "nospam"
mickey18385 at yahoo dot com

Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply January 18th 04 09:34 PM

From: mickey

.... especially for Tia Mary: I prefer
Miracle Whip on sandwiches, but I prefer mayo on veggie burgers.
(Ducking and running...)

YO -- Mickey -- welcome. Just one thin tho' -- your post showed up seven
times!!! See THIS is what eating Miracle Whip (evil, nasty, YUCKY STUFF) will
do to you -- make you unable to control your typing and/or make you forget you
have already posted your message :-))) (R&D&H)! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

mickey January 18th 04 10:17 PM

From: mickey

.
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

LOL.

Sorry about the 7 (!) posts. Comcast is flaking out today. It never
let me know that my message was sent. Sigh.

--Mickey

Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply January 19th 04 12:18 PM

From: mickey

Sorry about the 7 (!) posts. Comcast is flaking out today. It never
let me know that my message was sent. Sigh.

HMMMM -- maybe it's actually AOHell in disguise?!?!? LOLOL! CiaoMeow &;;&
..