CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   label removal update - (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=138773)

Cheryl Isaak May 23rd 13 11:51 AM

label removal update -

well - a combination of things is working - the duct tape thing didn't
work, but I ended up scoring the label and I resprayed with goo-gone
and left it in the sun.
Lo and behold - lifting along the score line. It worked! I've kept at it
now and I'd down to the last little bits. Not too worried about the few
scratches I added along the way. I will still be able to see what's inside.

Joan Erickson May 23rd 13 04:24 PM

label removal update -

On 5/23/2013 5:51 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
well - a combination of things is working - the duct tape thing didn't
work, but I ended up scoring the label and I resprayed with goo-gone
and left it in the sun.
Lo and behold - lifting along the score line. It worked! I've kept at it
now and I'd down to the last little bits. Not too worried about the few
scratches I added along the way. I will still be able to see what's inside.

WooHoo!!!!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown

Rich[_3_] May 25th 13 12:08 PM

label removal update -

I have to say thanks for the suggestions! just bought a bird seed
scoop and it had a big label on it that would not come off. I soaked
it in water first and got the paper part off, then I coated it with
mayo and a few hours later the glue just rinsed off with the mayo!

Rich