CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   META: Number of posts on RCTN. (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22047)

F.James Cripwell January 1st 04 08:16 PM

META: Number of posts on RCTN.

It is that time of year when I can find out how many posts we had on
RCTN during 2003. I know from past experience that some of you dont think
this is at all interesting, but others do. So here goes, together with
similar figures for previous years.

2003 47,500
2002 54,000
2001 69,600
2000 82,100
1999 79,800
1998 83,000
1997 78,000

--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any

Jenn Liace January 1st 04 08:27 PM

On 1 Jan 2004 20:16:29 GMT, (F.James
Cripwell) wrote:

2003 47,500
2002 54,000

Interesting given the massive volume we saw at the end of July.... do
you happen to have monthly statistics? Just curious, not worth
digging them out if you don't.

Jenn L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Simply Sensational January Calendar (Mill Hill)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)

Gillian Murray January 1st 04 09:17 PM

Thanks, Jim

I am one who does find it interesting; however I like fiddling with
numbers!! I had really noticed a major drop in posts over the last two or
three years, and am glad to see it was not my imagination!!
Happy New Year, and welcome back from your holiday!!

Gillian

Rhea January 1st 04 09:28 PM

Just coming back to the group after a number of years, I thought that there
seemed to be far fewer posts than I remembered. I participated around 97-99.
Rhea from KY, USA

Gillian Murray January 1st 04 10:22 PM

Yes, you are right. I am sure you also noticed many names from that era
among the missing, but as a plus, there are some really great people who
have joined the group since then.

Happy New Year to all of you!!

Gillian

Dianne Lewandowski January 2nd 04 01:27 AM

Thank you. So, 1998 was the peak, tried to come back in 2000, but has
been waning the last three years. I rather thought so.

Thanks, Jim. Happy New Year!
Dianne

Chip Orange January 2nd 04 03:30 AM

I worry that this is indicative of the decline in the needlework industry.
My husband thought it might mean that with the economy waning from the 90's
fewer people have access to computers.

Jim, when you gave the numbers, you never speculated on the reason for the
decline. Any ideas?

Allie Orange
Tallahassee, FL

Seanette Blaylock January 2nd 04 04:15 AM

"Chip Orange" had some very interesting things
to say about Number of posts on RCTN.:

I worry that this is indicative of the decline in the needlework industry.
My husband thought it might mean that with the economy waning from the 90's
fewer people have access to computers.

Or maybe it's just a lot of enthusiastic posters leaving the group due
to various flamewars. :-(

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has

Karen C - California January 2nd 04 05:28 AM

In article , Seanette Blaylock
writes:

Or maybe it's just a lot of enthusiastic posters leaving the group due
to various flamewars. :-(

Or more people using their killfiles to avoid getting embroiled in flamewars.
If I don't read Ms.X's rude posts, I don't feel compelled to tell her where to
shove her rude posts.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html

F.James Cripwell January 2nd 04 11:37 AM

Cripwell) wrote:

2003 47,500
2002 54,000

Interesting given the massive volume we saw at the end of July.... do
you happen to have monthly statistics? Just curious, not worth
digging them out if you don't.

Jenn L.

No, I dont have any other numbers. My ISP keeps track of messages,
starting 10 or so years ago when RCTN started, with number 1, and just
keeping going. We are now up to nearly 600,000. I just note the number
at the end of each year. HTH.