PDA

View Full Version : I'm in Threads!

Joy Hardie
October 17th 03, 02:44 PM
Oh my Gosh! I am on the runway at www.threadsmagazine.com
Remember I said I entered that sewing challenge?
What a surprise! (I still have to bead the dress.)
Joy

Judy
October 17th 03, 04:34 PM
How exciting! What great talent you have.

Judy in AZ
"Joy Hardie" > wrote in message
> Oh my Gosh! I am on the runway at www.threadsmagazine.com
> Remember I said I entered that sewing challenge?
> What a surprise! (I still have to bead the dress.)
> Joy

Cynthia Spilsted
October 17th 03, 08:55 PM
Beautiful! (Both you and the dress!) It looks like you were having fun,
too. Did you get the beads at one of the booths at the show? I'd have gone
bankrupt attending something like that!
Cynthia
"Judy" > wrote in message
om...
> How exciting! What great talent you have.
>
> Judy in AZ
> "Joy Hardie" > wrote in message
> > Oh my Gosh! I am on the runway at www.threadsmagazine.com
> > Remember I said I entered that sewing challenge?
> > What a surprise! (I still have to bead the dress.)
> > Joy

Kathy Morgan
October 19th 03, 06:26 AM
Joy Hardie > wrote:

> Oh my Gosh! I am on the runway at www.threadsmagazine.com
> Remember I said I entered that sewing challenge?
> What a surprise! (I still have to bead the dress.)

Wow! Super!

--
Kathy - read reviews of other newsgroups in news:news.groups.reviews
help for new users of newsgroups at <http://www.aptalaska.net/~kmorgan/>

Joy Hardie
October 21st 03, 12:29 PM
Hi Cynthia,
Thank you! I WAS having a blast! I think it was one of those
outer body experiences....because I don't even recognize myself in the
picture. I see myself in jeans and a t-shirt every day and possibly
with some chapstick on my lips. What a difference a good scrubdown
and some friends that know what to do with make-up can do for you!
I hate to say it, but the corset bodice squashed my tiny top so flat
that my "boobs" were put on with make-up too! I am just an illusion -
but FUN! I am on the runway with the American flag in the background
at www.threadsmagazine.com.

Interestingly, you couldn't alter the color of the original fabrics,
but you could add up to 2 additional fabrics to the outfit. I chose
to add an antique lace over and airbush it. It was sewn up and pinned
to the back of a large cardboard box in the garage. It dissappeared!
Turned up 2 days prior to the event face down on the gravel driveway
under a stack of old windows where it had been for a month! Window
replacement guys grabbed MY cardboard to stack their old windows on
without realizing my dress was pinned to the back side. That's why
the beading didn't get done.
I havn't started the beading but did spend about $40 on my
assortment of glass beads. I had already gotten them locally because
I spend hours mulling over colors and the prices where I shop are
great. But, I do love the shopping at the sewing expos and spent a
little there too. Practical things - like one of those "Miracle
Ironing Board Covers" and some gifts for my kids.
All the ladies that entered the challenge did such wonderful items
it was such great fun to see how everyone turned out. We all had 6
yards of the same fabric (2 yd. each of 3 different colors). There
were about 60 ladies participate.
I can't wait for next years challenge. Thanks for letting me
share.
Joy

>Beautiful! (Both you and the dress!) It looks like you were having fun,
>too. Did you get the beads at one of the booths at the show? I'd have gone
>bankrupt attending something like that!
>Cynthia

duh who
October 21st 03, 04:25 PM
"Joy Hardie" > wrote in message
> Hi Cynthia,
> Thank you! I WAS having a blast! I think it was one of those
> outer body experiences....because I don't even recognize myself in the
> picture. I see myself in jeans and a t-shirt every day and possibly
> with some chapstick on my lips. What a difference a good scrubdown
> and some friends that know what to do with make-up can do for you!

Yow!

Google