PDA

View Full Version : Singer Featherweight

Rich Phillips
October 14th 03, 10:06 PM
Hello,

I've just become interested in the Singer Featherweight sewing machines.
I've looked at a number of web pages, but cannot find one that explains the
difference between a 221 and a 221-1.

Does anyone on this list know the answer, or where I can go to find out?

Thanks for your help.

Rich Phillips

Taria
October 14th 03, 10:51 PM
The first 221's were without a dash or suffix #. The reason for the change
may be due to an early change in the rotary hook. (this info from the
Nancy Johnson-Srebro book) 221-K's are british made. I would recommend
nancy's book if you are even remotely interested in these wonderful
little machines. The Featherweight Fanatics Digest online is a great help too.

All the assorted FW models are wonderful.
Taria

-Please visit Taria's Sewing Machine & Quilting Page:
http://fp3.antelecom.net/taria/highdesert/index.htm

Rich Phillips wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just become interested in the Singer Featherweight sewing machines.
> I've looked at a number of web pages, but cannot find one that explains the
> difference between a 221 and a 221-1.
>
> Does anyone on this list know the answer, or where I can go to find out?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Rich Phillips

Google