PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Buttons

Kevin
October 14th 03, 04:24 AM
I have some lovely mens's dress shirts I bought in Italy with great,
thick buttons made of bakelite. I have searched high and low for a
manufacturer of similar buttons but have been completely unable to
come across them. Can anyone recommend a good source of shirt buttons
online? I have done several google searches but come up empty handed.
Most button sellers online seem to specialize in vintage buttons or
large women's buttons. IT is hard to find a seller of small buttons.
Kevin

p.sews
October 14th 03, 05:42 AM
Kevin,
Try this resource. I shop in Windsor Button all the time for
buttons-they have a wonderful selection. Hth's......Pauline/Boston

http://www.windsorbutton.com/

Kevin wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good source of shirt buttons
> online? I have done several google searches but come up empty handed.

Ev Dugan
October 15th 03, 01:45 AM
On 13 Oct 2003 20:24:13 -0700, (Kevin) wrote:

:)I have some lovely mens's dress shirts I bought in Italy with great,
:)thick buttons made of bakelite. I have searched high and low for a
:)manufacturer of similar buttons but have been completely unable to
:)come across them. Can anyone recommend a good source of shirt buttons
:)online? I have done several google searches but come up empty handed.
:) Most button sellers online seem to specialize in vintage buttons or
:)large women's buttons. IT is hard to find a seller of small buttons.
:)Kevin

Kevin, try www.cheeptrims.com They have thousands of buttons, and
their search function will allow you to search by size and/or by
material. Only drawback is that they put them up in bags of several
gross, but the bags cost as little as US$4.

Ev

Google