PDA

View Full Version : Sewing Themed website templates?

Mike Hardie
October 5th 03, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know if there are any sewing themed website templates? I
am rebuilding a new website and was hoping for a themed background.
Thanks, Joy

Mike Hardie
October 5th 03, 03:35 PM
>Does anyone know if there are any sewing themed website templates? I
>am rebuilding a new website and was hoping for a themed background.
>Thanks, Joy

I forgot to mention the word ...."FREE". I already have my hosting
service, so I am just looking for the art background. (Can you tell I
am new at this?)
Joy

Celia Mitschelen
October 5th 03, 05:34 PM
"Mike Hardie" > wrote in message
> >Does anyone know if there are any sewing themed website templates? I
> >am rebuilding a new website and was hoping for a themed background.
> >Thanks, Joy
>
> I forgot to mention the word ...."FREE". I already have my hosting
> service, so I am just looking for the art background. (Can you tell I
> am new at this?)
> Joy

Just my opinion but as a dial-up user on a country phone line I prefer
simple quick loading websites. If I have to wait any length of time for a
site to load I don't go there.

Bells and whistles do not make a site popular it is the content.

Celia

Valkyrie
October 5th 03, 08:10 PM
AhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhMEN, Diana. I have DSL so fast isn't a problem but I
just hit that X at the corner of the window when I start getting all the
things dancing and flashing and blinking. I find those little cursor
attachments annoying too, I don't need to drag moondust, romping kitties or
fluttering faeries around on my monitor. If I can't get to what I'm directed
to find in two clicks I just X out the whole website. I also find all that
music annoying. If somebody has a webpage that is sponsored by pop-ups I
immediately dump that too. I have a pop-up stopper but it doesn't stop the
tracking cookies and files from being dumped into your machine. I went to
look at one homepage, my stopper nailed 6 pop ups on the opening page, I
checked my cookie folder, which I had just emptied, and 23 cookies had been
dumped into my machine from that opening page! None of that swirly script
lettering on a busy graphic background, squinting at contrasting letters on
backgrounds that seem to vibrate .....BEETCH, beetch, BEETCH, beetch,
BEETCH, BEETCH BEEEEEEEETCH!! ........ahhhhhhhhh, I feel so much better now
LOL

Val

"Diana Curtis" > wrote in message
> Bells and whistles bother me too and I have cable, so load time isnt a
huge
> factor to me. When I visit a site I want one that loads fast, is easy to
> find what I want and then to get back to where I was, and doesnt have
flash
> or midis or dancing smiley faces to distract me. Good font size and color
> are a must! Older eyes cannot take tiny letters of red on a blue
background.
> ok.. Im done with my rant.
> Diana
>
> --
> http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
> "Celia Mitschelen" > wrote in message
> nk.net...

> > > I forgot to mention the word ...."FREE". I already have my hosting
> > > service, so I am just looking for the art background. (Can you tell I
> > > am new at this?)
> > > Joy
> >
> > Just my opinion but as a dial-up user on a country phone line I prefer
> > simple quick loading websites. If I have to wait any length of time for
> > site to load I don't go there.
> >
> > Bells and whistles do not make a site popular it is the content.
> >
> > Celia

Penny S
October 5th 03, 08:56 PM
Mike Hardie scrawled in bright red lipstick:
>> Does anyone know if there are any sewing themed website templates? I
>> am rebuilding a new website and was hoping for a themed background.
>> Thanks, Joy
>
> I forgot to mention the word ...."FREE". I already have my hosting
> service, so I am just looking for the art background. (Can you tell I
> am new at this?)
> Joy

joy see my reply at alt.sewing, these are really easy to make on your own.

Penny

Penny S
October 5th 03, 08:58 PM
Celia Mitschelen scrawled in bright red lipstick:
> "Mike Hardie" > wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know if there are any sewing themed website templates?
>>> I am rebuilding a new website and was hoping for a themed
>>> background. Thanks, Joy
>>
>> I forgot to mention the word ...."FREE". I already have my hosting
>> service, so I am just looking for the art background. (Can you tell I
>> am new at this?)
>> Joy
>
> Just my opinion but as a dial-up user on a country phone line I prefer
> simple quick loading websites. If I have to wait any length of time
> for a site to load I don't go there.
>
> Bells and whistles do not make a site popular it is the content.
>
> Celia

first, background are images and load last on a page anyway.
Second, they are usually teeny tiny files that are "tiled" and believe, if
you are on dialup, you aren't going to notice laoding background files until
they show up, they are that small. Background on a web page doesn not
constitues bells and whistle, IMO.

Diana Curtis
October 5th 03, 08:58 PM
Bells and whistles bother me too and I have cable, so load time isnt a huge
factor to me. When I visit a site I want one that loads fast, is easy to
find what I want and then to get back to where I was, and doesnt have flash
or midis or dancing smiley faces to distract me. Good font size and color
are a must! Older eyes cannot take tiny letters of red on a blue background.
ok.. Im done with my rant.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Celia Mitschelen" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "Mike Hardie" > wrote in message
> > >Does anyone know if there are any sewing themed website templates? I
> > >am rebuilding a new website and was hoping for a themed background.
> > >Thanks, Joy
> >
> > I forgot to mention the word ...."FREE". I already have my hosting
> > service, so I am just looking for the art background. (Can you tell I
> > am new at this?)
> > Joy
>
> Just my opinion but as a dial-up user on a country phone line I prefer
> simple quick loading websites. If I have to wait any length of time for a
> site to load I don't go there.
>
> Bells and whistles do not make a site popular it is the content.
>
> Celia

Google