PDA

View Full Version : First sighting of duct-tape double?

joy beeson
October 1st 03, 03:11 PM
From _The New-Way Course in Fashionable Clothes-Making_,
1926:

> Lesson 24: The Dress Form

> You are now going to learn something that has never been taught
> in any dressmaking course before. You are going to learn how to fit
> your own figure, without any outside aid whatever, without a dress
> form or a model lining. An ordinary shirt, a little gummed paper, and
> a little work and time—and you have before you a duplicate of your
> own figure with every little line and curve just exactly where it ought
> to be!

I found it at:
http://www.vintagesewing.info/1920s/26-FCM/FCM-24.htm

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/
joy beeson at earthlink dot net

Penny Lemire
October 4th 03, 12:09 PM
joy beeson wrote:

> From _The New-Way Course in Fashionable Clothes-Making_,
> 1926:
>

>> Lesson 24: The Dress Form
>

>>You are now going to learn something that has never been taught
>>in any dressmaking course before. You are going to learn how to fit
>>your own figure, without any outside aid whatever, without a dress
>>form or a model lining. An ordinary shirt, a little gummed paper, and
>>a little work and time—and you have before you a duplicate of your
>>own figure with every little line and curve just exactly where it ought
>>to be!

Very interesting! Now, spin forward to today, when I found
at the hardware store "transparent" duct tape - very cool
stuff, and really duct tape, not plastic tape! From the old
gummed tape to a "crystal" double...

$.01

SewStorm
October 4th 03, 07:20 PM
>Now, spin forward to today, when I found
>at the hardware store "transparent" duct tape - very cool
>stuff, and really duct tape, not plastic tape! From the old
>gummed tape to a "crystal" double...

Oooh, Penny, that IS cool! Thanks for sharing.

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Google