PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP--my stash needs to be reduced

Irene
September 26th 03, 01:44 PM
Hello All,

I have hit that place in life where I have more fabric than I will use
in a lifetime. I would like to give it away but I have to ask you to
pay for the shipping.

We are talking about 100% cotton, mostly Hoffman, Marcus, etc. that
has been stored pet-free and smoke-free after washing in unscented
detergent. I would advise its immediate re-washing as soon as it gets
to you on principle, but it's clean to my allergies as it is.

Please let me know any specific collections that you might need a
piece of, or general colours/tones/etc. I have some pieces that are
big enough for backing at least a double size quilt. There are some
off-cuts from sewing--at least a fat half in size.

It's mostly florals, but some oriental types and geometrics, and some
solids.

Please contact me OFF LIST and use the non-spam-server address (you
can figure out the punctuation:

IE1901 (at) netscape () net

Thanks you for your help--Irene

Janner
September 26th 03, 01:51 PM
Now that's a dangerous offer :P)
--
Janner

"Quite often lately I have the feeling I don't know what's going on..." ---
Snoopy!

"You have to have a Dream!"

"Irene" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello All,
>
> I have hit that place in life where I have more fabric than I will use
> in a lifetime. I would like to give it away but I have to ask you to
> pay for the shipping.
>
> We are talking about 100% cotton, mostly Hoffman, Marcus, etc. that
> has been stored pet-free and smoke-free after washing in unscented
> detergent. I would advise its immediate re-washing as soon as it gets
> to you on principle, but it's clean to my allergies as it is.
>
> Please let me know any specific collections that you might need a
> piece of, or general colours/tones/etc. I have some pieces that are
> big enough for backing at least a double size quilt. There are some
> off-cuts from sewing--at least a fat half in size.
>
> It's mostly florals, but some oriental types and geometrics, and some
> solids.
>
> Please contact me OFF LIST and use the non-spam-server address (you
> can figure out the punctuation:
>
> IE1901 (at) netscape () net
>
> Thanks you for your help--Irene

---

dreamboat
September 29th 03, 01:40 AM
Irene,
How many yards of fabric stash do you have?
Dreamboat
"Irene" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello All,
>
> I have hit that place in life where I have more fabric than I will use
> in a lifetime. I would like to give it away but I have to ask you to
> pay for the shipping.
>
> We are talking about 100% cotton, mostly Hoffman, Marcus, etc. that
> has been stored pet-free and smoke-free after washing in unscented
> detergent. I would advise its immediate re-washing as soon as it gets
> to you on principle, but it's clean to my allergies as it is.
>
> Please let me know any specific collections that you might need a
> piece of, or general colours/tones/etc. I have some pieces that are
> big enough for backing at least a double size quilt. There are some
> off-cuts from sewing--at least a fat half in size.
>
> It's mostly florals, but some oriental types and geometrics, and some
> solids.
>
> Please contact me OFF LIST and use the non-spam-server address (you
> can figure out the punctuation:
>
> IE1901 (at) netscape () net
>
> Thanks you for your help--Irene

Irene
September 29th 03, 02:28 PM
Ahem, to repeat myself, did you mean cubic yards?

Stash is measured in these units: "just starting out", "not enough
yet", "maybe I can stop now", and "more than I will use".

So now there are two piles: "enough for 10 years for me", and "please
take these away". I am happy to say that nobody has been greedy about
their request, large groups get large bunches, and others are asking
for amounts that they can use.

FYI, there is still some left--please be as specific as you can about
what prints you are looking for, and where you live so I can figure
shipping.--Irene

"dreamboat" > wrote in message >...
> Irene,
> How many yards of fabric stash do you have?

> Dreamboat
> "Irene" > wrote in message
> > I have hit that place in life where I have more fabric than I will use
> > in a lifetime. I would like to give it away but I have to ask you to

Google