PDA

View Full Version : Advice on color coordination

Jennifer
September 22nd 03, 05:00 PM
Hello,

I just moved in with my boyfriend who has a beautiful antique couch/
chair set. The upholstery is is a dark, forest green. The wood on
the furntiure is very dark brown. Our walls are creme colored, and
want to make pillows that will liven up the room. Any suggestions on
what may work?

Charlotte Henson
September 22nd 03, 05:38 PM
Yum.

Sage and coral.

-Charlotte

Jennifer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just moved in with my boyfriend who has a beautiful antique couch/
> chair set. The upholstery is is a dark, forest green. The wood on
> the furntiure is very dark brown. Our walls are creme colored, and
> want to make pillows that will liven up the room. Any suggestions on
> what may work?

Pat
September 22nd 03, 06:10 PM
A shade of brick red, or burnt orange would be great.
"Jennifer" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> I just moved in with my boyfriend who has a beautiful antique couch/
> chair set. The upholstery is is a dark, forest green. The wood on
> the furntiure is very dark brown. Our walls are creme colored, and
> want to make pillows that will liven up the room. Any suggestions on
> what may work?

SewStorm
September 22nd 03, 06:56 PM
How about plum or burgundy to coordinate?

Whatever you choose, pick a print that has all the colors in it, and use it
someplace to draw them together--a table cover, pillows, a valance, etc.

A really good book for decorating on a budget is "More Splash than Cash", by
Donna Babylon. She has some great ideas. Which are also useful if you're NOT on
a budget!

Here's her website:

http://www.moresplashthancash.com/

NAYY, just a fan!

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Jennifer
September 23rd 03, 09:32 AM
Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to go with sage, jade green and burnt orange.

Emily
September 23rd 03, 08:05 PM
Sounds beautiful to me.
Emily