PDA

View Full Version : pattern search

MinnieNeedles
September 12th 03, 05:54 PM
I'm searching for a pattern like the shirt in this pic
http://web.infoave.net/~imajeanguy/KEYCHAIN/SHIRT00.JPG

It's kinda like the one Aorro wore in the Mask of Zorro,
with very full sleeves, and could have some fullness added in the the
front and back of the shirt as well..
Thanks for your help
Marsha

Sew-Sew Lady
September 12th 03, 05:58 PM
I'd start with the costume sections of all the major catalogs.
www.sewingpatterns.com is my favorite place to browse catalogs.

"MinnieNeedles" > wrote in message
> I'm searching for a pattern like the shirt in this pic
> http://web.infoave.net/~imajeanguy/KEYCHAIN/SHIRT00.JPG
>
> It's kinda like the one Aorro wore in the Mask of Zorro,
> with very full sleeves, and could have some fullness added in the the
> front and back of the shirt as well..
> Thanks for your help
> Marsha

Pat
September 12th 03, 05:59 PM
Look at costume patterns..........bound to be something that would
work.......

"MinnieNeedles" > wrote in message
> I'm searching for a pattern like the shirt in this pic
> http://web.infoave.net/~imajeanguy/KEYCHAIN/SHIRT00.JPG
>
> It's kinda like the one Aorro wore in the Mask of Zorro,
> with very full sleeves, and could have some fullness added in the the
> front and back of the shirt as well..
> Thanks for your help
> Marsha

Meg Street
September 12th 03, 06:12 PM
Wow, forget the shirt, where can I find the man????!!!!
meg

MinnieNeedles wrote:

> I'm searching for a pattern like the shirt in this pic
> http://web.infoave.net/~imajeanguy/KEYCHAIN/SHIRT00.JPG
>
> It's kinda like the one Aorro wore in the Mask of Zorro,
> with very full sleeves, and could have some fullness added in the the
> front and back of the shirt as well..
> Thanks for your help
> Marsha

julia
September 12th 03, 07:47 PM
MinnieNeedles > wrote in
:

> I'm searching for a pattern like the shirt in this pic
> http://web.infoave.net/~imajeanguy/KEYCHAIN/SHIRT00.JPG
>
> It's kinda like the one Aorro wore in the Mask of Zorro,
> with very full sleeves, and could have some fullness added in the the
> front and back of the shirt as well..
> Thanks for your help
> Marsha

Folkwear patterns (http://www.folkwear.com/) is always good for ethnic-
looking and historical clothing. Maybe the French Cheesemaker's Smock is
close to what you're looking for (though the neckline seems to be more the
Missouri River Boatman). Gotta love the pattern names at least!

-j
--

Kate Dicey
September 12th 03, 09:51 PM
Meg Street wrote:

> Wow, forget the shirt, where can I find the man????!!!!
> meg
>
> MinnieNeedles wrote:
>
> > I'm searching for a pattern like the shirt in this pic
> > http://web.infoave.net/~imajeanguy/KEYCHAIN/SHIRT00.JPG
> >
> > It's kinda like the one Aorro wore in the Mask of Zorro,
> > with very full sleeves, and could have some fullness added in the the
> > front and back of the shirt as well..
> > Thanks for your help
> > Marsha

Hehehehehehe!

There are patterns for shirts like this all over the renfair and
re-enactment places. Try here:

http://www.thepoint.net/~pastpat/

http://www.patternsoftime.com/

http://www.sewingcentral.com/

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

lady sylvre
September 12th 03, 11:03 PM
*snippage* folkwear has a pattern for a poet's shirt that might make the
cut, also. the collar might need a bit of alteration, but it is very
similar.
happy hunting!

> Folkwear patterns (http://www.folkwear.com/) is always good for ethnic-
> looking and historical clothing. Maybe the French Cheesemaker's Smock is
> close to what you're looking for (though the neckline seems to be more the
> Missouri River Boatman). Gotta love the pattern names at least!
>
> -j
> --

Sally Holmes
September 13th 03, 12:02 AM
"MinnieNeedles" > wrote in message
> I'm searching for a pattern like the shirt in this pic
> http://web.infoave.net/~imajeanguy/KEYCHAIN/SHIRT00.JPG

It looks llike the Missouri River Boatman's shirt, third from the left on
the top row here: http://www.folkwear.com/romantic.html. If you want extra
fullness in the sleeves it's easy to add because they're just rectangles so
you can make them wider.

HTH

--
Sally Holmes
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England

Cynthia Spilsted
September 15th 03, 06:02 PM
McCall's makes the Mask of Zorro pattern.
Cynthia
"Pat" > wrote in message
> Look at costume patterns..........bound to be something that would
> work.......
>
> "MinnieNeedles" > wrote in message
> > I'm searching for a pattern like the shirt in this pic
> > http://web.infoave.net/~imajeanguy/KEYCHAIN/SHIRT00.JPG
> >
> > It's kinda like the one Aorro wore in the Mask of Zorro,
> > with very full sleeves, and could have some fullness added in the the
> > front and back of the shirt as well..
> > Thanks for your help
> > Marsha

MinnieNeedles
October 8th 03, 03:41 PM
the poet shirt isn't full enough
I've always called them pirate shirts..
still searching

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:03:17 -0500, "lady sylvre" >
wrote:

>*snippage* folkwear has a pattern for a poet's shirt that might make the
>cut, also. the collar might need a bit of alteration, but it is very
>similar.
>happy hunting!
>> >

>> Folkwear patterns (http://www.folkwear.com/) is always good for ethnic-
>> looking and historical clothing. Maybe the French Cheesemaker's Smock is
>> close to what you're looking for (though the neckline seems to be more the
>> Missouri River Boatman). Gotta love the pattern names at least!
>>
>> -j
>> --

MinnieNeedles
October 8th 03, 03:43 PM
yeah that's closer, I can fudge in fuller sleeves.. this one might
work.
I've seen it before but only the drawings and you can't tell much by
it, I'm glad they add the photo..
Thanks

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:02:00 +0100, "Sally Holmes"
> wrote:

>"MinnieNeedles" > wrote in message
>> I'm searching for a pattern like the shirt in this pic
>> http://web.infoave.net/~imajeanguy/KEYCHAIN/SHIRT00.JPG
>
>It looks llike the Missouri River Boatman's shirt, third from the left on
>the top row here: http://www.folkwear.com/romantic.html. If you want extra
>fullness in the sleeves it's easy to add because they're just rectangles so
>you can make them wider.
>
>HTH

Google