PDA

View Full Version : Help with machine

Betty
September 12th 03, 04:04 PM
I have an 1130 Bernina and I am having terrible trouble with it. Does
anyone have experience with this. It ran for 15 years with no trouble at
all and all of a sudden it just dies while I am sewing. It may come on
again but it is more likely not to. I have had it to the dealer twice and it
is there for the third time now.

The first time he replaced a fuse and the second time he replaced a board.
This still has not solved the problems. Has anyone here had this problem?
All help is appreciated. Thank You, Betty

Penny S
September 12th 03, 04:38 PM
In ,
Betty > scrawled in lipstick:
> I have an 1130 Bernina and I am having terrible trouble with it. Does
> anyone have experience with this. It ran for 15 years with no
> trouble at all and all of a sudden it just dies while I am sewing.
> It may come on again but it is more likely not to. I have had it to
> the dealer twice and it is there for the third time now.
>
> The first time he replaced a fuse and the second time he replaced a
> board. This still has not solved the problems. Has anyone here had
> this problem? All help is appreciated. Thank You, Betty

Oh, I"ve just had a lot of problems with my 1130. It would run and stop
and slow down, not feed. The reverse was intermittent and the needle
position would change arbitrarily.

For the first problem, have them check the "slide crank" part. ($30 part)
Also have them check the P print ($10)and the S print.($150) I ended up
having to put about 200$ worth of parts into mine, but it was worth it and
sure beats the heck out of buying a new machine. The technician at this
shop is just awesome, he really knows what he is doing, plus I had excellent
treatment from the shop in general, including a loaner machine to use while
they figured everything out. Plus my machine is running so nice now!!

http://www.quiltingbeespokane.com/index.htm they have a toll free number,
I'd call and ask about sending it to them if your dealer can't figure it
out.

Penny S

Betty
September 13th 03, 05:11 PM
"Penny S" > wrote in message
> In ,
> Betty > scrawled in lipstick:
> > I have an 1130 Bernina and I am having terrible trouble with it. Does
> > anyone have experience with this. It ran for 15 years with no
> > trouble at all and all of a sudden it just dies while I am sewing.
> > It may come on again but it is more likely not to. I have had it to
> > the dealer twice and it is there for the third time now.
> >
> > The first time he replaced a fuse and the second time he replaced a
> > board. This still has not solved the problems. Has anyone here had
> > this problem? All help is appreciated. Thank You, Betty
>
> Oh, I"ve just had a lot of problems with my 1130. It would run and stop
> and slow down, not feed. The reverse was intermittent and the needle
> position would change arbitrarily.
>
> For the first problem, have them check the "slide crank" part. ($30 part)
> Also have them check the P print ($10)and the S print.($150) I ended up
> having to put about 200$ worth of parts into mine, but it was worth it and
> sure beats the heck out of buying a new machine. The technician at this
> shop is just awesome, he really knows what he is doing, plus I had
excellent
> treatment from the shop in general, including a loaner machine to use
while
> they figured everything out. Plus my machine is running so nice now!!
>

> http://www.quiltingbeespokane.com/index.htm they have a toll free
number,
> I'd call and ask about sending it to them if your dealer can't figure it
> out.
>
> Penny S

Thank you for your input. I am going to my dealers Monday morning with a
list of your suggestions. I am tired of waiting for my machine. Thanks
again, Betty

Penny S
September 13th 03, 05:27 PM
In ,
Betty > scrawled in bright red lipstick:

> Thank you for your input. I am going to my dealers Monday morning
> with a list of your suggestions. I am tired of waiting for my
> machine. Thanks again, Betty

ask them for a loaner.

Penny

Google