PDA

View Full Version : In need of a plus size dress form

Jalynne
September 6th 03, 04:54 AM
Do any of you have suggestions on where I might find a good but inexpensive plus size
dress form? I want to make some mix and match formal gowns, but can't exactly do the
fittings on my own body. Thanks in advance for any help you can give

--
Jalynne

cathy
September 6th 03, 05:05 AM
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 03:54:15 GMT, "Jalynne"
> wrote:

>Do any of you have suggestions on where I might find a good but inexpensive plus size
>dress form? I want to make some mix and match formal gowns, but can't exactly do the
>fittings on my own body. Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Try making a duct tape double. It's the most perfect dress form you
can find, and is cheaper than most of the dress forms I've ever seen.

Search Google for "duct tape double" and you should find a lot of
hits.

Cathy

Jalynne
September 6th 03, 05:45 AM
I've seen those, thought they were interesting. Would it be easy to adjust their
size? I"m losing weight fairly quickly, and need something adjustable for accurate
fittings. I'd hate to be making a new one every other month.
--
Jalynne

"cathy" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 03:54:15 GMT, "Jalynne"
> > wrote:
>
> >Do any of you have suggestions on where I might find a good but inexpensive plus
size
> >dress form? I want to make some mix and match formal gowns, but can't exactly do
the
> >fittings on my own body. Thanks in advance for any help you can give
>
> Try making a duct tape double. It's the most perfect dress form you
> can find, and is cheaper than most of the dress forms I've ever seen.
>
> Search Google for "duct tape double" and you should find a lot of
> hits.
>
> Cathy

Kathy Morgan
September 9th 03, 06:29 PM
Jalynne > wrote:

> I've seen those, thought they were interesting. Would it be easy to
> adjust their size? I"m losing weight fairly quickly, and need something
> adjustable for accurate fittings. I'd hate to be making a new one every
> other month.

No, I don't think you could adjust the size at all. If your weight
changes regularly, you're probably better off buying a commercial dress
form.

--
Kathy

Kathy
September 13th 03, 11:35 PM
I think you can adjust the size. For exanple, around the waist, make
several vertical slashes, then retape tighter till it matches your
measurements.

> No, I don't think you could adjust the size at all. If your weight
> changes regularly, you're probably better off buying a commercial dress
> form.

Google