PDA

View Full Version : Re: The Frokk is done!

Kate Dicey
August 20th 03, 09:22 AM
Trish Brown wrote:

> - well, except for the hem, but that's no sweat! I'll whip that up tonight while
> watching telly. I found some guipure butterflies I'd had stowed away somewhere
> since DD was a baby. I've stitched those at strategic spots near the neckline
> and given them pearl antennae. The Holy Frokk looks quite nice and will look
> even better with the nice cotton petticoat I've got to go underneath.
>
> Did you know you simply *can't* buy a humble girl's petticoat any more? No such
> animal! What do other mothers do when the fabric is translucent and all the
> 'bits' show through? Must ponder that one... Maybe there's a gigantonormous
> untapped market out there in girls' petticoats!?
>
> I've edged the veil with pearls (smallest ones on the 'blusher' and larger ones
> on the bottom edge) and will spend some time tonight gussying up some kind of
> ornamental affixation. DH wants to use his nail-gun, but I told him that would
> not do. I'm torn between flowers and more pearls. Something makes me feel that
> adding flowers to the pearl theme might be too much... Anyway, I'll decide once
> I've looked at it...
>
> So, to everyone who has helped and suggested and sent moral support - another
> Thank You! This has been the funnest project I've ever done (once The Hole was
> fixed, that is!) :-D
> --
> Trish {|:-}
> Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Well done! See - We KNEW you could do it! :)
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Jenn Ridley
August 20th 03, 02:14 PM
Trish Brown > wrote:

>Did you know you simply *can't* buy a humble girl's petticoat any more? No such
>animal! What do other mothers do when the fabric is translucent and all the
>'bits' show through?
Most Holy Frocks I see for sale around here are lined. Heck, most of
the girls' dressy dresses (anything that's not denim or twill) are
lined. Girls today wear dresses so infrequently that most of them
don't have petticoats in their closets anyway. (DD does, but that's
because I make them.)

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley

nana2b
August 20th 03, 03:01 PM
Hi Trish, I bought a petticoat for my DD on E-bay of all places. It was
brand new and I paid $14 for it. It has 3 hoops. Look under wedding and
see if that might work for you. Nana

Sew-Sew Lady
August 20th 03, 03:18 PM
Simplicity 8681 is a petticoat pattern that I use; it is a very versatile
pattern with several options for skirt style and length.

"Trish Brown" > wrote in message
> - well, except for the hem, but that's no sweat! I'll whip that up tonight
while
> watching telly. I found some guipure butterflies I'd had stowed away
somewhere
> since DD was a baby. I've stitched those at strategic spots near the
neckline
> and given them pearl antennae. The Holy Frokk looks quite nice and will
look
> even better with the nice cotton petticoat I've got to go underneath.
>
> Did you know you simply *can't* buy a humble girl's petticoat any more? No
such
> animal! What do other mothers do when the fabric is translucent and all
the
> 'bits' show through? Must ponder that one... Maybe there's a
gigantonormous
> untapped market out there in girls' petticoats!?
>
> I've edged the veil with pearls (smallest ones on the 'blusher' and larger
ones
> on the bottom edge) and will spend some time tonight gussying up some kind
of
> ornamental affixation. DH wants to use his nail-gun, but I told him that
would
> not do. I'm torn between flowers and more pearls. Something makes me feel
that
> adding flowers to the pearl theme might be too much... Anyway, I'll decide
once
> I've looked at it...
>
> So, to everyone who has helped and suggested and sent moral support -
another
> Thank You! This has been the funnest project I've ever done (once The Hole
was
> fixed, that is!) :-D
> --
> Trish {|:-}
> Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Kathy Morgan
August 22nd 03, 04:45 PM
Trish Brown > wrote:

> - well, except for the hem, but that's no sweat! I'll whip that up tonight
> while watching telly. I found some guipure butterflies I'd had stowed away
> somewhere since DD was a baby. I've stitched those at strategic spots near
> the neckline and given them pearl antennae. The Holy Frokk looks quite
> nice and will look even better with the nice cotton petticoat I've got to
> go underneath.

Super!

--
Kathy