PDA

View Full Version : Re: Singer Touch and Sew II

Ron Anderson
August 18th 03, 01:59 PM
None of the cabinet companies are making cabinets to fit the old machines
any longer. The T&S is a special long base so it will not fit in the treadle
cabinet save some handy modifications. I would say look to your local
handyman to repair your old table, modify the treadle or build you a new
one.

--
Ron Anderson
A1 Sewing Machine
"L Swerdlove" > wrote in message
.. .
> My wife has a 1970's Singer Touch and Sew machine that was given to her by
> my mom. My wife likes the machine, but the stand it came in is broken and
> unusable. The local Singer repair shop won't touch it - they only do
> machines not stands.
>
> Any sugestions how I could get this repaired, or replaced.
>
> Another idea - I also have my grandmohter's old Singer treddle table -
maybe
> from the 20's (the machine in long gone. Is there a way this 1970's
machine
> could be mounted in the old treddle stand? Again, if so, who would do
this
> kind of work?
>
> ls

Google