PDA

View Full Version : Latest bridesmaid update!

Kate Dicey
August 13th 03, 10:16 PM
The second dress stuff went up this evening. More work on this one. I
have tried to let it out a bit, but there wasn't really much to let out
- not as much as was needed, anyway!

Look in Kate's Sewing room, in the left hand column, at the bottom: How
to rescue a bias cut disaster!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

L. Kelly
August 13th 03, 10:56 PM
"Kate Dicey" > wrote in message
| The second dress stuff went up this evening. More work on this one. I
| have tried to let it out a bit, but there wasn't really much to let out
| - not as much as was needed, anyway!
|
| Look in Kate's Sewing room, in the left hand column, at the bottom: How
| to rescue a bias cut disaster!
| --
| Kate XXXXXX
| Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
| http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
| Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Kate!!

What a huge improvement!! These girls are lucky to have you working for them.

I hope you can find enough fabric in Jo's dress to make it fit her. Keep us all posted.
--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*
Homepage: http://members.shaw.ca/sewfinefashions/
See my boys: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/papavince_29/

Norma
August 14th 03, 02:00 AM
You've done it again! I hope Jo's dress will fit.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)
"Kate Dicey" > wrote in message
> The second dress stuff went up this evening. More work on this one. I
> have tried to let it out a bit, but there wasn't really much to let out
> - not as much as was needed, anyway!
>
> Look in Kate's Sewing room, in the left hand column, at the bottom: How
> to rescue a bias cut disaster!
> --
> Kate XXXXXX
> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
> http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
> Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Kate Dicey
August 14th 03, 10:18 AM
Norma wrote:

> You've done it again! I hope Jo's dress will fit.
>
> --
> Star love,
> Norma ;-)

Not as much as I do! ;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Kate Dicey
August 14th 03, 11:11 PM
Now you can see just how badly the pattern was cut, and the difference
between the size it was cut and the measurements of the girls...

Oh, it's bad, very bad!

But Jo's dress now fits well enough for her to breathe in it!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

taria
August 15th 03, 03:45 AM
Breathing is fairly important Kate! Thanks for sharing
so well all you are doing. It is interesting to see
just how you are doing it all. I don't do much clothing
construction these days but you make it look so easy.
Taria

Kate Dicey wrote:

> Now you can see just how badly the pattern was cut, and the difference
> between the size it was cut and the measurements of the girls...
>
> Oh, it's bad, very bad!
>
> But Jo's dress now fits well enough for her to breathe in it!
> --
> Kate XXXXXX
> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
> http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
> Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm

Kate Dicey
August 15th 03, 09:19 AM
taria wrote:

> Breathing is fairly important Kate! Thanks for sharing
> so well all you are doing. It is interesting to see
> just how you are doing it all. I don't do much clothing
> construction these days but you make it look so easy.
> Taria

I like quilts for relaxation, but garments are my first best love! :)

I thought there were valuable lessons out there for all of us with these
dresses, which is why I have documented the alterations so closely,
despite the time restrictions.

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Stefani276
August 15th 03, 08:40 PM
>I thought there were valuable lessons out there for all of us with these
>dresses, which is why I have documented the alterations so closely,
>despite the time restrictions.

...and we thank you for it!

Stefanie

Norma
August 15th 03, 09:09 PM
Wow, Kate. This is really turning into a lesson for all of us. You could
write a booklet on this one for sure! Thanks for sharing. I, for one, am
finding it very educational.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)
"Kate Dicey" > wrote in message
> Now you can see just how badly the pattern was cut, and the difference
> between the size it was cut and the measurements of the girls...
>
> Oh, it's bad, very bad!
>
> But Jo's dress now fits well enough for her to breathe in it!
> --
> Kate XXXXXX
> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
> http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
> Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Kate Dicey
August 15th 03, 10:19 PM
Norma wrote:

> Wow, Kate. This is really turning into a lesson for all of us. You could
> write a booklet on this one for sure! Thanks for sharing. I, for one, am
> finding it very educational.

Good! It's very scary that she gets other work! She had another whole
bridal party following this one!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk