PDA

View Full Version : Sewing buddies in London

laurie
August 9th 03, 05:16 PM
I am returning to sewing after many years. I was looking for a class
to refresh my skills. I cannot find anything locally. I can revise my
skills using books and memory but miss the sharing of ideas that I
used to get from a class. I used to make a lot of my daughters clothes
when she was small. She is now a teenager and I would like to start
again as much for her sake as mine, as I would hope that she will get
the bug!

I know that John Lewis in Oxford Street do 1hour lessons. Is there
anyone out there who would like to join me in attending and meet up
occasionally in between? Even if we were to meet up in a coffee bar
to exchange ideas/give encouragement.

I am in my early 40's but have a younger outlook to fashion due to my
daughter. I like to experiment and make unique clothing by combining
different crafts, embellishment etc.

Please get in touch via this noticeboard and i will reply to any
postings.

Google