PDA

View Full Version : Plastic

kitaro
July 17th 03, 07:51 PM
I have made a bag out of that thick clear plastic before, I wanna make my
formal suit out of it (yes I will basically be naked) but I have no idea
where to get anymore of it??? I looked around a spotlight (not too carefully
might add) and didn't see it.

The best ways I can describe the stuff are the sheets you had on your
mattress when you were little to stop you from wetting it. But I can't find
that sheeting anymore either (parents these days just send children to bed
with disposable training pants i guess) but I would rather it in big rolls
like fabric.

Kind of like lamanate for video cards.

Penny S.
July 17th 03, 08:09 PM
kitaro scribbled :
> I have made a bag out of that thick clear plastic before, I wanna
> make my formal suit out of it (yes I will basically be naked) but I
> have no idea where to get anymore of it??? I looked around a
> spotlight (not too carefully might add) and didn't see it.
>
> The best ways I can describe the stuff are the sheets you had on your
> mattress when you were little to stop you from wetting it. But I
> can't find that sheeting anymore either (parents these days just send
> children to bed with disposable training pants i guess) but I would
> rather it in big rolls like fabric.
>
> Kind of like lamanate for video cards.

Jo anns has it by the yard in Home Dec.

Penny S

Sew-Sew Lady
July 17th 03, 10:11 PM
You could buy a couple of clear vinyl shower curtain liners also. It would
be easy to lay out the pieces of a suit on those.

"kitaro" > wrote in message
> I have made a bag out of that thick clear plastic before, I wanna make my
> formal suit out of it (yes I will basically be naked) but I have no idea
> where to get anymore of it??? I looked around a spotlight (not too
carefully
> might add) and didn't see it.
>
> The best ways I can describe the stuff are the sheets you had on your
> mattress when you were little to stop you from wetting it. But I can't
find
> that sheeting anymore either (parents these days just send children to bed
> with disposable training pants i guess) but I would rather it in big rolls
> like fabric.
>
> Kind of like lamanate for video cards.

Emily
July 17th 03, 11:08 PM
Although the clear plastic shower might be cheaper to purchase from
Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, etc, if you want to buy by yardage, you will most
likely find it at JoAnn's as someone else pointed out. I just returned from
2 JoAnn's this afternoon(looking for a particular McCall's pattern for
99cents) and both had the vinyl in the Home Dec dept.
Emily

Sew-Sew Lady
July 18th 03, 12:36 AM
I was looking at Kitaro's address and didn't know if she has the fabric
stores that we do, so my suggestion was based on alternate shopping ideas.
Yes, buying the yardage at JoAnn's is preferable.

"Emily" > wrote in message
> Although the clear plastic shower might be cheaper to purchase from
> Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, etc, if you want to buy by yardage, you will
most
> likely find it at JoAnn's as someone else pointed out. I just returned
from
> 2 JoAnn's this afternoon(looking for a particular McCall's pattern for
> 99cents) and both had the vinyl in the Home Dec dept.
> Emily

D&D
July 18th 03, 01:52 AM
Have another look at Spotlight and look in the home decorating section.
I have seen it on rolls along with those plastic tableclothes that you buy
by the metre.[ Or check out the website www.spotlight.com.au

HTH

Dee in Oz

"kitaro" > wrote in message
> I have made a bag out of that thick clear plastic before, I wanna make my
> formal suit out of it (yes I will basically be naked) but I have no idea
> where to get anymore of it??? I looked around a spotlight (not too
carefully
> might add) and didn't see it.
>
> The best ways I can describe the stuff are the sheets you had on your
> mattress when you were little to stop you from wetting it. But I can't
find
> that sheeting anymore either (parents these days just send children to bed
> with disposable training pants i guess) but I would rather it in big rolls
> like fabric.
>
> Kind of like lamanate for video cards.

AstroG
July 18th 03, 07:27 AM
As D&D said check the Home Dec section of Spotlight because I saw some there
last week - but if you can't find it there look for a company called Reverse
Garbage Recycling. (Depending on what state you're in - I'm in Vic and I
think it's in NSW too). They get a whole lot of factory offcuts of just
about everything including fabric and clear vinyl.

Katy

"kitaro" > wrote in message
> I have made a bag out of that thick clear plastic before, I wanna make my
> formal suit out of it (yes I will basically be naked) but I have no idea
> where to get anymore of it??? I looked around a spotlight (not too
carefully
> might add) and didn't see it.
>
> The best ways I can describe the stuff are the sheets you had on your
> mattress when you were little to stop you from wetting it. But I can't
find
> that sheeting anymore either (parents these days just send children to bed
> with disposable training pants i guess) but I would rather it in big rolls
> like fabric.
>
> Kind of like lamanate for video cards.

kitaro
July 22nd 03, 04:34 PM
Thanks for all the helps, but I actually went to school today *gasps* and I
found a roll of it!!!

Know I am obsessed with the stuff! Does it come in different colors?

Jean D Mahavier
July 22nd 03, 04:50 PM
"kitaro" > wrote in message
> Thanks for all the helps, but I actually went to school today *gasps* and
> found a roll of it!!!
>
> Know I am obsessed with the stuff! Does it come in different colors?
We're talking vinyl, aren't we? I have seen it in a light/pale/soft green
at
a Joann's store some time back. There might have been other colors,
don't recall.

July 26th 03, 04:26 AM
Plastic

(kitaro)>
<I have made a bag out of that thick clear plastic before, I wanna make
my formal suit out of it (yes I will basically be naked) but I have no
idea where to get anymore of it???
<snip>
---
My experience in this is limited to viewing the movie 'Fried Green
Tomatoes', where one of the characters wrapped herself in Saran Wrap* to
greet her husband.
Takin' any pictures when you get your birthday suit made?
Cea asks, innocently...

Joanne
July 26th 03, 10:43 AM
wrote:

> Plastic
>
> (kitaro)>
> <I have made a bag out of that thick clear plastic before, I wanna make
> my formal suit out of it (yes I will basically be naked) but I have no
> idea where to get anymore of it???
> <snip>
> ---
> My experience in this is limited to viewing the movie 'Fried Green
> Tomatoes', where one of the characters wrapped herself in Saran Wrap* to
> greet her husband.
> Takin' any pictures when you get your birthday suit made?
> Cea asks, innocently...

Cea, do you remember that idiot woman who wrote a book -
Total Woman - who recommended doing that? Ha! Last I
heard, her husband divorced her. I think that was the end
of the little credibility she had.

--
Joanne >

July 26th 03, 03:49 PM
OT: was Re: Plastic

(Joanne)
:
Plastic
(kitaro)>
<I have made a bag out of that thick clear plastic before, I wanna make
my formal suit out of it (yes I will basically be naked) but I have no
idea where to get anymore of it???
<snip>
---
<<Cea>> sez:
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0<<My experience in this is limited to viewing the
movie 'Fried Green Tomatoes', where one of the characters wrapped
herself in Saran Wrap* to greet her husband.
Takin' any pictures when you get your birthday suit made? =A0 =A0 =A0
=A0 =A0 Cea asks, innocently...
---
Cea, do you remember that idiot woman who wrote a book - Total Woman -
who recommended doing that? Ha! Last I heard, her husband divorced her.
I think that was the end of the little credibility she had.
Joanne

---
Yes, Joanne, didn't she advise subservience, among other totally
inane, insane tidbits?
Saran over age 25 is lunacy for most she-devils, anyway. ;)
Cea

Kate Dicey
July 27th 03, 08:57 AM
Joanne wrote:

> Ha, yes! Manipulation by subservience. She seemed to
> believe that men came equipped with a handle.

Nah... They need a lead! You can lead them gently, but you can't push
them!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

zski
July 28th 03, 12:24 AM
Joanne wrote:
> Ha, yes! Manipulation by subservience. She seemed to believe that men
> came equipped with a handle.

Some of them do - you just have to handle it verrrry gently....
Wendy Z Chicago, IL (Moo)
Wench Wear Costumes http://pages.ripco.net/~zski
Minstrosity www.minstrosity.com
Wench #525 AIM=wendylady525
http://www.livejournal.com/users/wendyzski/
"Though she be but little, she is fierce"
"It's the little ones you have to watch out for..."
"I'm not short - I'm concentrated"

Joanne
July 28th 03, 02:13 AM
zski wrote:
> Joanne wrote:
>
>> Ha, yes! Manipulation by subservience. She seemed to believe that
>> men came equipped with a handle.
>

> Some of them do - you just have to handle it verrrry gently....

Or roughly. *slipping into leather bodysuit with
thigh-high boots*

--
Joanne >

July 28th 03, 08:11 PM
Re: OT: was Re: Plastic

(Joanne)
zski wrote:
Joanne wrote:
Ha, yes! Manipulation by subservience. She seemed to believe that men
came equipped with a handle.
Some of them do - you just have to handle it verrrry gently....
Or roughly. *slipping into leather bodysuit with thigh-high boots*
Joanne
---
Cea reaches over helpfully:
"Here, Joanne, you forgot your whip and handcuffs!"

Joanne
July 28th 03, 09:46 PM
wrote:

> Re: OT: was Re: Plastic
>
> (Joanne)
> zski wrote:
> Joanne wrote:
> Ha, yes! Manipulation by subservience. She seemed to believe that men
> came equipped with a handle.
> Some of them do - you just have to handle it verrrry gently....
> Or roughly. *slipping into leather bodysuit with thigh-high boots*
> Joanne
> ---
> Cea reaches over helpfully:
> "Here, Joanne, you forgot your whip and handcuffs!"

Thank you, Cea. Do you like the fur lining on the
handcuffs? *beaming innocently*

--
Joanne >

July 28th 03, 11:57 PM
Re: OT: was Re: Plastic

(Joanne)
wrote:
zski said:
Ha, yes! Manipulation by subservience. She seemed to believe that men
came equipped with a handle.
---
Joanne added:
Some of them do - you just have to handle it verrrry gently.... Or
roughly. *slipping into leather bodysuit with thigh-high boots* Joanne
---
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Cea reaches over helpfully:
"Here, Joanne, you forgot your whip and handcuffs!"
---
Thank you, Cea. Do you like the fur lining on the handcuffs? =A0
*beaming innocently*
Joanne asks
---
Oooh, la la!! They beggar the imagination!
Cea says, breathing heavily at the thought.
---

Google