PDA

View Full Version : Re: Sewing cats hats

Trishty
July 2nd 03, 09:39 AM
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 02:13:47 +0200, Michèle wrote:

> Its first time I post here, I am a cat lover and saw a great serie of hat
> for cats, I upload them on my place here:
> http://mapage.noos.fr/teddy-red-tabby/H/Photos.html
> is there someone who could help me to find pattern or help to do such
> things?
> Thanks a lot,

Bonjour Michèle

What great pix! Sorry, no idea where you can get patterns for the hats,
though. Would doll patterns work?

:) Trish (en Normandie, avec huit chats)

CreativePain
July 2nd 03, 11:23 AM
I can't imagine that a cat would be particularly happy with something stuck
on its head. It may look cute but it isn't natural and its the cat who
should be first priority. Making it look cute for photos etc should come
second to the animal's welfare and happiness.

Ali

--
"Everything worthwhile is born of a dreamer's dream"
"Michèle" > wrote in message
> Its first time I post here, I am a cat lover and saw a great serie of hat
> for cats, I upload them on my place here:
> http://mapage.noos.fr/teddy-red-tabby/H/Photos.html
> is there someone who could help me to find pattern or help to do such
> things?
> Thanks a lot,
> --
> Michèle & Teddy,
> FRANCE ~ EUROPE
>
> http://mapage.noos.fr/teddy-red-tabby/index.html
> http://mapage.noos.fr/red-tabby-cats/
> http://mapage.noos.fr/cats-around-the-world/index.html

---

W.Boyce
July 2nd 03, 01:32 PM
I dunno, those kitties don't look distressed to me. But then,
CreativePain said she used to be Alicat so she may have the inside
scoop. She used up one of her nine lives in another NG because of
conflict, so only 8 more to go...

CreativePain wrote:
> I can't imagine that a cat would be particularly happy with something stuck
> on its head. It may look cute but it isn't natural and its the cat who
> should be first priority. Making it look cute for photos etc should come
> second to the animal's welfare and happiness.
>
> Ali
>
> --
> "Everything worthwhile is born of a dreamer's dream"
> "Michèle" > wrote in message
>
>>Its first time I post here, I am a cat lover and saw a great serie of hat
>>for cats, I upload them on my place here:
>>http://mapage.noos.fr/teddy-red-tabby/H/Photos.html
>>is there someone who could help me to find pattern or help to do such
>>things?
>>Thanks a lot,
>>--
>>Michèle & Teddy,
>>FRANCE ~ EUROPE
>>
>>http://mapage.noos.fr/teddy-red-tabby/index.html
>>http://mapage.noos.fr/red-tabby-cats/
>>http://mapage.noos.fr/cats-around-the-world/index.html
>>

> ---

Trishty
July 2nd 03, 04:59 PM
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:12:49 -0400, TLB wrote:

> Here's the original site http://www.petoffice.co.jp/catprin/mainichi
> and that site translated into English.
> http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/2110342001/catprin/english/

Well, that sure is a bizarre enough sight (and site)!

This person does this for a living?

Well, not much stranger than wellies for dogs, I suppose.

:) Trish

julia
July 2nd 03, 05:21 PM
Trishty > wrote in news:12ovyfefv2ll6$.n4okj8bcns9w
:

> On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:12:49 -0400, TLB wrote:
>
>> Here's the original site http://www.petoffice.co.jp/catprin/mainichi
>> and that site translated into English.
>> http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/2110342001/catprin/english/
>>

> Well, that sure is a bizarre enough sight (and site)!
>
> This person does this for a living?
>
> Well, not much stranger than wellies for dogs, I suppose.
>
>:) Trish

Or dressing up your vacuum to look like an old lady or putting little
outfits on your lawn geese. We humans are strange creatures. :)

-j
--

CreativePain
July 2nd 03, 07:27 PM
"julia" > wrote in message
> Trishty > wrote in news:12ovyfefv2ll6$.n4okj8bcns9w
> :
>
> > On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:12:49 -0400, TLB wrote:
> >
> >> Here's the original site http://www.petoffice.co.jp/catprin/mainichi
> >> and that site translated into English.
> >> http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/2110342001/catprin/english/
> >>

> > Well, that sure is a bizarre enough sight (and site)!
> >
> > This person does this for a living?
> >
> > Well, not much stranger than wellies for dogs, I suppose.
> >
> >:) Trish
> >

> Or dressing up your vacuum to look like an old lady or putting little
> outfits on your lawn geese. We humans are strange creatures. :)

At least dressing up your vacuum or lawn geese (whatever they are?) isn't
cruel and distressing to them.

Ali

> -j
> --

---

Andy Dingley
July 3rd 03, 11:47 AM
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:12:49 -0400, "TLB"
> wrote:

>Here's the original site http://www.petoffice.co.jp/catprin/mainichi
> and that site translated into English.
>http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/2110342001/catprin/english/

Just look at the ears - all folded back and down.

Those are cats thinking "I'm going to have your throat out for making
me wear this"

joy beeson
July 3rd 03, 12:40 PM
Trishty > wrote:

> Well, not much stranger than wellies for dogs, I suppose.

Quite a lot stranger -- some dogs *do* need protective
covers for their paws when working hard on ice or sharp
stone.

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/ -- needlework
http://home.earthlink.net/~beeson_n3f/ -- Writers' Exchange

TLB
July 3rd 03, 03:40 PM
"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" > wrote in
message ...
> Andy Dingley wrote:
> > Just look at the ears - all folded back and down.
> >
> > Those are cats thinking "I'm going to have your throat out for making
> > me wear this"
>
> That's what I thought when I saw the .jp site, too.
>
> --
> I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
> I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Those cats surely hate their owners! That said, I think I snorted coffee
through my nose the first time I saw that site. The captions are
ridiculous.

Charlie
July 3rd 03, 07:37 PM
I wonder if this person realises that she could get into alot of trouble and
a court case for using copyrighted images on her webpage.

Charlie.

"Michèle" > wrote in message
> Its first time I post here, I am a cat lover and saw a great serie of hat
> for cats, I upload them on my place here:
> http://mapage.noos.fr/teddy-red-tabby/H/Photos.html
> is there someone who could help me to find pattern or help to do such
> things?
> Thanks a lot,
> --
> Michèle & Teddy,
> FRANCE ~ EUROPE
>
> http://mapage.noos.fr/teddy-red-tabby/index.html
> http://mapage.noos.fr/red-tabby-cats/
> http://mapage.noos.fr/cats-around-the-world/index.html

Celia Mitschelen
July 3rd 03, 11:36 PM
"Andy Dingley" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:12:49 -0400, "TLB"
> > wrote:
>
> >Here's the original site http://www.petoffice.co.jp/catprin/mainichi
> > and that site translated into English.
> >http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/2110342001/catprin/english/
>
> Just look at the ears - all folded back and down.
>
> Those are cats thinking "I'm going to have your throat out for making
> me wear this"

It looked to me as though the cat/cats were one of the exotic breeds with
what is called folded ears.
All cats do not hate being dressed up. When my sister and I were about 8 and
10 years old we had a cat that we would dress in doll clothes and then push
it around the neighborhood in our doll buggy he was very patient about it
and even took a nap during the "ordeal".

I think you are stirring up a "tempest in a teapot" relax. I am an animal
lover also but I don't think the cats are being abused and the advice
recommended taking it off after a short while.

Celia

Marilyn
July 12th 03, 08:45 PM
Sorry to be so late in entering the discussion. I was away for a few
weeks. My friend sent me the English translation of the Japanese page
with the cat costumes about a month ago:
<http://www.petoffice.co.jp/catprin/english/#hiyoko>
As other people mentioned, the cat model is a Scottish fold so its ears
are normally in the annoyed cat mode. The translated page suggests that
you put the costumes on the cats for photos and not leave them in the
costumes. Other than dignity-wise, I'm sure no cat was harmed. ;-)
Michele, I hope you will stay with the group. My friend who sent me
the link is an animal lover and wildlife rescue worker. She likes the
page too. I thought the pictures were funny as anything. I have one
cat who would tell me where to take any costume I would try to put on
her. She might even return the costume to me in shreds. I have another
cat who allows my two girls to dress her, carry her about in a doll bed,
push her in a doll carriage. She loves the attention. I'm sure you
know as well as I do that some cats like this sort of thing. Others
don't. Just like people, they have different personalities. Maybe I'll
make Midnight (tolerant cat) a fancy collar for Halloween.
This is a good group and I hope you will stay and join in. Welcome.

Marilyn

Google