Rid-Jid Ironing board

Old May 19th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB in MT

Default Rid-Jid Ironing board

-------------------------------------
does anyone know where you can buy Rid-Jid ironing board covers?
I've had my board for 48 years and cannot find new covers now.

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 100603 messages and counting!
Old May 19th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

My 41 year old Rid-Jid board takes standard ironing board covers,
available most anywhere ironing stuff is sold.

Julia in MN

-------------------------------------

-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/
-----------

Old May 19th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

My ironing board is an extremely weird shape and no standard covers ever fit
it. I have 6 or 8 things that look much like suspenders that I attach
underneath the board to force the standard ones to fit. Actually the
suspenders didn't fit either so I simply tied a knot in their length to take
up the slack. You do what you've got to do. Polly

-------------------------------------

Old May 20th 08, 12:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Zoerb

Have tried reengineering a larger standard cover to fit? I've done it for
some of my boards in the passed.
Good hunting.
--
Jane http//windigothreads.shutterfly.com

-------------------------------------

Old May 27th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

If a standard ironing board cover doesn't fit you may need to make
your own cover. For years my grandmother used older sheets, folded
for sufficient thickness, layered over the original cover. She
usually tied the folded sheet onto the board with string underneath
the board.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/designsbydeb/

$5K ironing board NightMist Quilting 7 April 2nd 08 02:50 PM
Ironing Board Help Sherry Starr[_2_] Quilting 9 May 22nd 07 10:06 PM
Ironing board Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 18 June 18th 06 11:59 PM
OT Ironing Board [email protected] Quilting 9 May 12th 05 03:35 AM
Ironing board fabric? jtsnow Needlework 3 December 6th 04 11:00 AM