OT Sad news & on topic too

Old January 28th 04, 02:27 PM
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Default OT Sad news & on topic too

Hi folks, just to ask for your thoughts prayers or whatever. My Mum had a
heart attack yesterday and is in hospital, unconscious and non responsive.
The nursing care she's getting seems to be excellent, and the medical team
are very kind and sensitive, but my poor old Dad is having trouble coming to
terms with the way things are, they've been married 55 years and my Mum's
has overcome so many things he thinks she's going to do it again. I fear
that this time she won't. I'm sleeping at the hospital tonight, like last
night, so any tips on how to sleep sitting up?
It does mean, Noreen, that your squares, though finished may take a while to
get to you, but I 'm sure you won't mind. Also that the NYCO coat (which is
now too big to lug to & fro the hospital) may have to wait. the
glove/mittens from knitty.com might get on though, and I might start a pair
of socks for soon to be son in law, there's nothing like size 11 socks for
mindless knitting!!
I hope I can post better news next time, but I'm very fearful not, and I do
know I can rely on you lovely folks to hold us up
Thanks
--
Love
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Old January 28th 04, 02:41 PM
Aud

Warm thoughts and prayers, Christine!
Aud

" Christine in Kent, Garden of England"
skrev i melding

Old January 28th 04, 02:50 PM
Sarah Grace

Hi folks, just to ask for your thoughts prayers or whatever. My Mum had a
heart attack yesterday and is in hospital, unconscious and non responsive.

gently snipped
my Mum's
has overcome so many things he thinks she's going to do it again. I fear
that this time she won't. I'm sleeping at the hospital tonight, like last
night, so any tips on how to sleep sitting up?
I might start a pair
of socks for soon to be son in law, there's nothing like size 11 socks for
mindless knitting!!
I hope I can post better news next time, but I'm very fearful not, and I do
know I can rely on you lovely folks to hold us up

Dearest Christine

I am desperately sorry to hear this- my thoughts and prayers are with you and
your family. Sleeping up right is not the most fun- maybe take a small pillow
or two to put behind your neck or under your arm, and a soft shawl as although
it is always super hot you may get chilly feet (especially in this weather).

The socks are a great idea- i found them to be a great companion during my
hours at hospital last year as the hand movement was very theraputic.

Please take care of yourself!

bigs hugs
Sarah
Old January 28th 04, 03:04 PM
Angela Faye Oon

Dear Christine,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I have just said a prayer for her
and I hope she pulls through. You sound like you would be a tower of
strength for your father should the worst happen, and I believe you will be
able to hold everything together. Sending a virtual hug your way!

((~*hug*~))

Angela

Old January 28th 04, 03:26 PM
Janise Ross

Christine,

Sorry to hear about your mother. Hope she pulls through again. Please
know that we are here for you whenever you need us.

Janise

Old January 28th 04, 04:43 PM
Spike Driver

wrote in message
[...]

You know you can count our group to keep you and your Mum in our prayers. I
stopped and prayed as soon as I read your letter. I will also remeber you
in church.

Hugs,

Dennis

Old January 28th 04, 06:23 PM
Stef

In article ,
Christine in Kent, Garden of England wrote:

I'm sleeping at the hospital tonight, like last
night, so any tips on how to sleep sitting up?

Did you ask the hospital whether they can put a cot in the room for you?
Some hospitals will (in the US anyway).

Sending good thoughts.

--
Stef ** avid/sensible/sensual/wise/essential/elemental/tangle
** * http://www.cat-and-dragon.com/stef
Old January 28th 04, 07:44 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:27:39 +0000 (UTC), Christine in Kent, Garden of
England wrote:

[...]

Christine, First and foremost, prayers going out for your Mum, your Dad,
and YOU.
Please do not worry about the squares.
BIG hugs to you... {{{{{{{{{{{{Christine}}}}}}}}}}]
Love,
Noreen

--
http://mail2office.tripod.com/musings/
http://mail2office.tripod.com/noreensknitche/

change n e t to c o m to email me
Old January 28th 04, 07:53 PM
Shillelagh

wrote in message
Hi folks, just to ask for your thoughts prayers or whatever. My Mum had a
heart attack yesterday and is in hospital, unconscious and non responsive.

Dear Christine
You have my love and special thoughts coming your way, with always the hope
that your mum will recover. Stay strong - we are all thinking of you!

Knitting hugs
Shelagh

Old January 28th 04, 09:08 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Christine,

My prayers are winging there way over the pond to you. Let us know when you can
how Mom is doing.

Hugs,

Nora