OT please sign your posts

Old October 15th 06, 10:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Default OT please sign your posts

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:17:24 GMT, Sandy Foster
wrote:

Oh, I *so* agree with you, Pat! It's so difficult to remember who
" might be! It's relatively easy in most
newsreader programs to add a permanent signature so that it's just there
automatically....

Yes, its a bit like having to look on the envelope to see who a letter
is from!

When I read mail my eyes go first to the Heading, and then the eyes go
straight down to the message and the signature. I don't even see the
name on the title bar, which is often different from the actual Siggy
anyway. Mine is different - to be thought of as 'Sally Swindells'
rather than Sally from the UK seaside is much too formal. I think the
location is vital too - makes the posts much more meaningful
especially as this is a worldwide group, and in a lot of cases more
than one person with the same first name. Locations can be very wide -
there is a lot of Seaside in the UK!

If you wrote a handwritten note to someone who knew your writing you
would put your name at the bottom - just friendly.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old October 15th 06, 10:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

LOL I have you down in my mind as Sally Swindles at the Seaside

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Old October 15th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Ooh Pat,can you squeeze me in your suitcase,or maybe not,there would'nt be
room for all the "stuff" you might want to take home!lol
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Hello! We've been having some lively conversations here lately. I do enjoy
the various quilt topics, and some of the off topic as well. For me, every
post would be even better if it was signed. Quite a few are not signed
lately. When I send a "real" letter, I put a return address on the
envelope, AND I sign the card/letter. So, I do so here too. I just like it
that way. If you hate my suggestion, please just ignore it and eventually
it will go away. Please do not start a major confrontation or flame on
this minor comment.
Pat... still in Virginia, but heading to Houston soon!!

Old October 15th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Sally Swindells wrote:

I wish I could figure out how to do that in Thunderbird. I have tried
over and over and it never works!!!

Tricia in TX (really close to Houston)
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Have just tested how I did it, and it worked:

1 Write how you want your siggy in a Word doc. and save as Plain Text.
(It may say you will lose the formatting on it etc. but save it that
way anyway!)
2 Click on News Account in Thunderbird.
3 Then in Accounts click on View settings for this account.
4 Attach this signature - tick the box
5 Click the Choose button
6 Find where you put the siggy in Instruction 1. Click on Open
7 Hey presto - that location is now entered in the little box and your
siggy will automatically appear when you reply to someone. It goes
under the message you are replying too, so don't forget its there!

I'm not using Thunderbird at the moment because, having been good for
5 weeks it has suddenly decided that I want 25,000 messages downloaded
every time, and somehow a superfluous heading has appeared under News
Account called News, which wont go away despite having been deleted.
Was spending too much time on sorting it, so have reverted to old
trusted Free Agent till I find the solution.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Whew! I knew someone would be able to help Tricia! g I've never used
Thunderbird, but I can help with MT-NewsWatcher, if someone on a Mac is
using that.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 15th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article .net,
"polly esther" wrote:

They boxed up all the land records and shipped them off to somewhere in
Texas to be restored, maybe. Since Katrina, we really don't know where we
are.
Polly in the Alabama, Mississipi, Florida or Georgia Swamp.

ROFLOL!

Old October 15th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Well, I have a three letter name, so I
just do it the old fashioned way ... I
type! I was on line for years before I
even knew of an automatic signature, and
I still don't know (or care) how to do it.
PAT

Old October 15th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Oh, Dear Polly. We ALL know where you are.......right there in front of your
compie talking with us and that is all that matters Long as My Gators
keep getting teh ' *&^% ' I send them you have no worries

Butterfly

"polly esther" wrote in message
news
They boxed up all the land records and shipped them off to somewhere in
Texas to be restored, maybe. Since Katrina, we really don't know where we
are.
Polly in the Alabama, Mississipi, Florida or Georgia Swamp.

link.net...

Old October 15th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
GrammyKathy

I would love to have it automatic, but I have tried the ways others
have said and can't find what they are talking about. I have it
automatic in my regular e-mail, that was easy, but on here it is
complicated, at least for me. This is my siggy on my e-mails.

Signature HomeStyles Representative
Kathy Rep #11923

www.signaturehomestyles.biz/kathydillman

Signature Homestyles is celebrating 35 years of helping turn houses
into homes.
Ask me how to get the monthly newsletter.
HOLIDAY CATALOG NOW ON LINE + LOTS OF SALES

Kinda long for here so will figure out something else.

Kathy Dillman in Centeral Illinois wanting South.