OT- help needed

Old July 26th 10, 07:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NanaWilson

Default OT- help needed

I post to the newsgroups with hotmail. Now they are asking me for a pass
word (which I can't remember, no surprise there) They want to send me a
password change by e-mail. The only account listed is my hotmail account.
Now the question is how do I get the new pass word if I can't access the
account?

Nana .......................I have written down me other pass words, but I
can't find the hotmail one:-(

Old July 26th 10, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Old July 26th 10, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NanaWilson

"Dr. Zachary Smith" wrote in message
On Jul 26, 2:42 pm, "NanaWilson" wrote:
I post to the newsgroups with hotmail. Now they are asking me for a pass
word (which I can't remember, no surprise there) They want to send me a
password change by e-mail. The only account listed is my hotmail account.
Now the question is how do I get the new pass word if I can't access the
account?

Nana .......................I have written down me other pass words, but I
can't find the hotmail one:-(

You may have to register for another acct. - even if only to get past
this bugaboo
(and in the future, keep a copy of your passwords someplace... ;-)

Keep thinking though; the old pw may still come to you. BTDT

Doc

Thanks Doc. I will open another account. I will write the pass word down in
my password book.

Nana

Old July 26th 10, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

I've just done this with Google. They had a little sign-in space with my
hotmail addy and space for a password which I couldn't remember. There
was a place to press if you had forgotten your password. When I clicked
it I got an e-mail from Google with an address to click on. When I went
there I had to enter my new password twice and then I was in.

Would yours be a similar request?

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old July 26th 10, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NanaWilson

YUP!! Thanks Sally. I fits & farts with & some how I got there. I must
remember to tell it to remember me!

Nana

Old July 27th 10, 04:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT- help password phooey

What a silly bore passwords are. The only time someone tried to break into
something of my own that required a password, my daughter and niece were
able to get it on the first try.
I'm thinking any mildly bright 4th grader wouldn't even pause at hacking
into something that required a password.
So. Anyhow.
When a tedious webmaster demands that I have a password I write it on a
file folder sticky label and tape it down on the little slidey shelf that my
keyboard sits on. No way to treat an elegant piece of furniture but it
works really well for the cheap computer table I have. I have yet to have
to hunt the computer table. The disrespect of the computer shelf is really
even worse. Its corners were lethal and cut me at every opportunity. I
shielded the rascals with several layers of duct tape.
DH announces that things worth doing must be done right. I counter that
some things are not worth doing. Phooey to passwords. Polly

"NanaWilson" YUP!! Thanks Sally. I fits & farts with & some how I got

Old July 27th 10, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

iirc, hotmail has you choose a question, then you answered it when you
signed up originally.
often something like name your high school or favourite philosopher.
who knows but they can give you that question for you to reply to, in order
to get your password.
tho how they get that to you....
maybe it just lets you into the account.
not really sure.
i wanted to get into my sons account but i have no idea who his favourite
philosopher was.
so i never did get to read thru any of his mail to see if there was a clue
there to the mystery. :/
j.

"NanaWilson" wrote ...

Old July 27th 10, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

I have so many passwords that I keep a list, and that's why I miss my
laptop with the fingerprint reader. Whenever a site asked for my
password all I had to do was pass my finger over the reader-thingy,
and bingo I was in. Did I say that I really MISS it?
Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

Old July 27th 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Kewl! I never knew there was such a critter! (I knew the technology
existed, but I wasn't aware anyone had incorporated it into laptops
[et al] so it could be used that way...)

Learn sumpin' every day 'round hyeah!

NanaWilson wrote:
I post to the newsgroups with hotmail. *Now they are asking me for a pass
word (which I can't remember, no surprise there) *They want to send me a
password change by e-mail. *The only account listed is my hotmail account.
Now the question is how do I get the new pass word if I can't access the
account?

Nana *.......................I have written down me other pass words, but I
can't find the hotmail one:-(- Hide quoted text -

Old July 27th 10, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
PhillyQuilter[_2_]

wrote:
I've just done this with Google. They had a little sign-in space with my
hotmail addy and space for a password which I couldn't remember. There
was a place to press if you had forgotten your password. When I clicked
it I got an e-mail from Google with an address to click on. When I went
there I had to enter my new password twice and then I was in.

If you use Firefox, there is a nice add-on called Sxipper which will
keep passwords and fill forms.

Diana - PA

help needed [email protected] Yarn 5 June 13th 08 05:27 AM
Help needed Jessamy Beads 7 January 16th 07 03:02 PM
Help needed - Looking for ..... Lesley Quilting 1 August 30th 06 04:43 AM
Help needed Susan Carey Yarn 6 August 17th 05 04:32 PM
Braided rug directions needed ~~ No Sew?? ** Also repair help Needed zwm General Crafting 0 July 24th 05 06:42 PM