I am stunned!

Old July 17th 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Default I am stunned!

Megwen and I have been planning a day/afternoon together since I moved
to my new place here (she was going to come by train). So, it came as a
bit of a surprise - but not so very huge - when she e-mailed to say that
she and her DH were going to be coming this way today, and would I be in
for them to call for a cup of tea (or coffee in Megwen's case). 'Sure,
it'll be lovely to see you' - and earlier than we had thought. They
have just left.

There was no missing the big bag that Meg was carrying; and, anyway, my
plastic-loving cat made a beeline for it! What's that, said I, assuming
it was a quilt Meg had been working on, and wanted to show me. So, she
got it out ...

Well ... I was flabbergasted and thrilled and ecstatic : not tearful
because I was so excited, but I did get flustered g

THANK YOU SO MUCH. Thank you to Jo for thinking of it (more to you
later my girl!!). Thank you to Meg for getting it all made so
beautifully. And thank you for all the beautiful, individual and
characteristic blocks. I truly am extremely thrilled and grateful, and
can't stop smiling. Because of my cats, I'm afraid I will hang it,
rather than put it on a bed or (even worse!) the sofa; but it will be no
less loved for that. So far I have been busy and haven't really had
time to reflect on all that has happened in the past ten months or so,
nor to worry about the future. I expect there will be some low days,
now that all the packing, unpacking, building work etc has been done.
And now, I don't have to find the courage only within myself to face it
all, I can simply go and fondle my beautiful Hug quilt and feel the love
and supporting strength there and go forward again.

When I next have someone here to help hold it up, I will photograph it -
you have to see it to believe it. The colours are glorious and the
combination is just wonderful, as you will see.

I now realise the inadequacy of 'thank you', but that is all I have. I
hope you can realise how sincerely it is meant.

Meg laughingly pointed out that her question on joining border fabric
(straight or diagonal) on the newsgroup a few weeks ago, to which I
offered an answer, was actually referring to the Hug quilt she was
making for me. I can tell you all now, that there are no joins at all!!

The world looks a better place, when acts of kindness like this can be
done, from pure generosity of heart. Bless you all.
--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old July 17th 10, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

How sweet it is to have your Hug around you. When Megwen said that it would
be delivered today, I thought I'd just not breathe until it was safely
there. Wouldn't it be something to know just how many miles that
'gathering' has traveled? Polly

Old July 17th 10, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Megwen[_4_]

OK, Polly................you can breathe now! Your block was the first one
that Pat saw when she unfolded the quilt which was backing outward and it
suddenly dawned on her that I had not made a quilt all by myself but that it
was from 'the gang'!

It's travelled from Bath to St Andrews and back as well as all the
travelling that the individual blocks did to get to the UK. It should
qualify for frequent traveller miles!

Megwen

Bath, England

Old July 17th 10, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

It most certainly is. Thank you so much.
I might look at all the mileages and try to work out a rough total.
Wouldn't that be fun!
I'm so embarrassed now to think of how I cheerily asked 'so what have
you got in the big bag' (mostly because my cat Tigger had begun to chew
the plastic!). Oh dear ...
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

Old July 17th 10, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Megwen[_4_]

No need to be embarrassed about it! It gave me the perfect opening to hand
it over!

Megwen
Bath, England
"Pat S" wrote in message
It most certainly is. Thank you so much.
I might look at all the mileages and try to work out a rough total.
Wouldn't that be fun!
I'm so embarrassed now to think of how I cheerily asked 'so what have you
got in the big bag' (mostly because my cat Tigger had begun to chew the
plastic!). Oh dear ...
.
In message , Polly Esther
writes

"Pat S" wrote in message
Megwen and I have been planning a day/afternoon together since I moved
to my new place here (she was going to come by train). So, it came as
a bit of a surprise - but not so very huge - when she e-mailed to say
that she and her DH were going to be coming this way and would I be in
for them to call for a cup of tea (or coffee in Megwen's case). 'Sure,
it'll be lovely to see you' - and earlier than had thought. They have

Old July 17th 10, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Dearest Pat, you are truly loved, admired and respected by this wonderful
group of quilters for your kindness, talents and abilities and valuable
contributions- in so many ways. You give so much to the ng- how could you
not be given the highest token of our esteem and caring?

Hugs, 'n' hugs, 'n' hugs!

Leslie & Your HairyButt niece and nephews

Old July 18th 10, 07:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

This is really sweet and kind, Leslie; I'm pretty sure I don't deserve
it; but I'm most grateful anyway. Thank you.
..
In message , Leslie& The Furbabies in
MO. writes

Old July 18th 10, 07:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Thanks so much Sandy/ I'm hoping I can take a picture today and then
I'll post it with the one Megwen took - and sent me last evening.
..
In message , Sandy
writes

Oh, Pat! I'm so glad you've received your quilt! I'm just back from
camp, and am delighted to read this wonderful news -- though I've had to
mark most messages as having been read. G

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old July 18th 10, 09:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

I am so thrilled for you Pat, and thank you Megwen for all your hard
work. I am longing to see the photos. Thank you also Jo for starting it
off.

I know it will work its magic and give you Hugs all the time!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old July 18th 10, 10:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_2_]

On 17/07/2010 17:35, Pat S wrote:
[...]

So glad you received it and it made you smile! I hope that it continues
to radiate gentle, kind hugs in your direction wherever it is hung....

Much love from Scotland, Jo, Mark and Tristan (Megwen does beautiful
work, doesn't she?)

Oh my...... stunned by the news........ On topic. Pati Cook Quilting 50 August 15th 06 06:03 PM
OT I am a stunned gun owner Christina Peterson Beads 1 February 15th 06 04:32 AM
OT - Awed and stunned - BFNR!!! Polly S. Beads 0 August 2nd 05 01:05 AM
i'm stunned Jalynne Beads 2 March 14th 04 05:32 AM
STUNNED by Harry again Christina Peterson Beads 1 February 27th 04 12:08 PM