What does the quilt on your bed look like?

Old September 13th 03, 03:25 AM
Frank Reid

Once made, a quilt is not your own...

Oooh, I like dat---may I share it with my guild & friends (properly

credited,
of course)?
-- Jean S

No problem
Frank

Old September 13th 03, 03:38 AM
Diana Curtis

Yes, that is the truth. Thank you.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Frank Reid" wrote ...
Will LN really finish her own quilt?

Once made, a quilt is not your own. Someone will claim it as theirs or
rename it. It will be called something like Mom's quilt or Nana's quilt.
It will be thought of and missed by college students, on their own for the
first time, as a warm sanctuary when they were at home. Little girls will
wrap up in them when daddy is on a business trip, 'cause it smells like

his
aftershave. You'll remember your mother, wrapped in it, as she sat in her
chair, before she went into the hospital for the last time. A quilt

cannot
be claimed by one, because, like a treasured memory, it is best shared.
Frank Reid

Old September 13th 03, 03:42 AM

Mine is a "stack 'n whack" The fabric had pink,blue and lanvender roses.
The "plus" part of the block is lavender. The borders are of plain
lavender, the flower print, finished off with lavender prairie points.
Need I mention that my bedroom wall are lavender? It is hand quilted by
me. The quilt on the daybed in the spare room is a hand appliqued
"sunburst" in blue pink, rose and lavender prints also hand quilted by
me. Backgrounds of both quilts are white on white.

I made these for Me because all the other quilts I make are given away
and I thought it was time I had some. Elda in Ks.

Old September 13th 03, 04:30 AM
frood

My bedroom walls will be lavender, once I get around to painting them. I
look good in lavender, and that's important in a bedroom.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old September 13th 03, 05:02 AM
grbev

"Frank Reid" moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf wrote in message
Once made, a quilt is not your own. Someone will claim it as theirs or
rename it. It will be called something like Mom's quilt or Nana's quilt.
It will be thought of and missed by college students, on their own for the
first time, as a warm sanctuary when they were at home. Little girls will
wrap up in them when daddy is on a business trip, 'cause it smells like

his
aftershave. You'll remember your mother, wrapped in it, as she sat in her
chair, before she went into the hospital for the last time. A quilt

cannot
be claimed by one, because, like a treasured memory, it is best shared.
Frank Reid

Now this is beautiful poetry to my ears. Brought tears to my eyes as I
thought
of a quilt at my daughter's that I wrapped up in last night, that was on my
mother's bed before she died. It's not very pretty, but it sure feels good
to the touch, because I know it's where love is. Thank you for touching my
heart.

From Utah,

Bev

Old September 13th 03, 02:17 PM
nomorespam

;-) Yes it is!
Christina

Old September 13th 03, 04:52 PM
Kim Graham

Yes...and I'm so grateful that it's finally two-quilt weather here at night.
Love autumn when one quilt is not quite enough, but it's not duvet weather
yet!

Yes, I made both.

1. Double pinwheel [it's my summer quilt]
http://members.shaw.ca/whiskerwerx/g.../doublepin.jpg

It happened by accident...the explanation is on the site under the photo

2. Flannel in red, beige and green--this was one of Deb Kauffinger's
mysteries from www.quiltaholics.com [Weekend Whatever 8] It's no
masterpiece, definitely a utility quilt, but it's warm and cozy. A quilty
friend and I did this as a weekend project.

I believe in you, LN!!! Go girl go!

--
Kim Graham
Nanaimo, BC, Canada

" "frood" wrote in message
. com...
Do you have a quilt on your bed? Did you make it? What does it look

like?
Why did you decide on that? Will LN really finish her own quilt?

Old September 14th 03, 12:45 AM
Maureen Wozniak

Not at the moment. Eventually I'll need to make one for DB and I. But
when I lived alone I had a pink, blue and white Double Irish Chain on my
bed. It had a huge pucker in the center, but I loved it anyway since it
was the 3rd quilt and 1st bed-sized quilt I'd ever made.

Maureen

Old September 14th 03, 03:50 AM
Nell Reynolds

That is not a simple question. Frequently I have quilt blocks on my bed
while I arrange and re-arrange them for the best design....but they are not
yet a quilt, are they? The quilt on my bed came from Sears 7 or 8 years
ago. It was on sale and grabbed my arm when I passed by. It is maroon
floral on one side and stripes with maroon floral on the other side. As
soon as I finish one for our bed this one goes to Goodwill. That means I
may have it another 10 years.

Nell in Austin

Old September 14th 03, 04:29 PM
Karlee in Kansas

Sorry it took me so long to write back, we have been busy with baby stuff,
school stuff, army stuff, and visitors. Life has gone from 5mph to 500 mph
in a matter of weeks.

Erin is doing wonderfully. She is gaining an average of 1 oz per day, and
we have no problems with nursing at all (I'm really proud of myself
G)...we have it under enough control to the point that we were able to
nurse without flashing anyone when we were at burger king the other day (DH
gets a craving for their burgers from time to time)

Anywho...one of my old college friends will be here any minute now so I
better go (we haven't seen each other in 8 years)

Hugs
Karlee in Kansas~resident dairy cow/snack bar

u...