Looking for "Pleasant words are like a honeycomb" chart

Old December 21st 03, 03:13 PM
Marina

Default Looking for "Pleasant words are like a honeycomb" chart

I am looking for a specific cross stitch chart that has the words "Pleasant
words are like a honeycomb...sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
Proverbs 16:24"

This chart has a garden in the center with a wide border of bees, honeycomb,
and flowers around the outside. The first part of the quote is above the
garden and the second part is below. The garden is divided into four
sections with a path paved with grey stones in between each section. The
path forms a circled cross, with an old-fashioned hive right in the middle.
This chart dates back to possibly the early 1980s.

If you have this chart or know where I can find it, I would be forever
grateful. If it was a kit and you still have the instructions, that would be
fine too. Thank you very much!

Marina

Old December 21st 03, 07:38 PM
Elizabeth Fusina

Marina wrote:

I am looking for a specific cross stitch chart that has the words "Pleasant
words are like a honeycomb...sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
Proverbs 16:24"

This chart has a garden in the center with a wide border of bees, honeycomb,
and flowers around the outside. The first part of the quote is above the
garden and the second part is below. The garden is divided into four
sections with a path paved with grey stones in between each section. The
path forms a circled cross, with an old-fashioned hive right in the middle.
This chart dates back to possibly the early 1980s.

If you have this chart or know where I can find it, I would be forever
grateful. If it was a kit and you still have the instructions, that would be
fine too. Thank you very much!

This was in the magazine Cross Stitch and Country Crafts, and the
designer is (I think) Sandy Orton although she is not specifically
named. Further details will have to wait until after the holidays (when
I can get to the magazine file and find them.)

Elizabeth
Old December 21st 03, 08:20 PM
Donna D.

Was it on the cover? I have several copies if it is it.
If you need one.
Donna
"Elizabeth Fusina" wrote in message
. ..

Old December 21st 03, 09:58 PM
Elizabeth Fusina

Donna D. wrote:

Was it on the cover? I have several copies if it is it.
If you need one.

I'm not the person looking for the (I think the piece is the Beehive
Sampler) chart, but yes, it was on the cover. I have planned to make
that piece since it came out, but it seems that something else always
displaces it in the queue. Well, someday. I want to make the Rose Garden
Sampler that goes with it too.

Elizabeth
Old December 22nd 03, 07:19 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Happy Holidays Marina , i looked at your text ands looked and it did
not seem correct , so i went to my bible ,,,, aha as i guessed , wrong
translation [what ever version it is ]
Tzuf Dwash [ it is rather mead , or a drink made from honey]
and there is no Body only Marpe La`Etzem ,, which is bone ."
mirjam

Old December 22nd 03, 03:11 PM
Elizabeth Fusina

PaulaB wrote:

Yes, it was on the cover and yes, it was designed by Sandy Orton (one
of my very favorite designers). The issue it was in was from about
mid-1986. I stitched it in 1988 and it was the first thing I ever did
on linen...it's in my dining room now. :-))) Hope you have a great
time stitching it - it's soooo pretty. Paula B.

I have done two of her pieces, Pageant Kings, and Garden of Kindness
(aka Metallic Thread Sampler). I have her Silk Sampler (Le Jardin, I
think it was called) from Just Cross Stitch kitted up to do. Besides the
honey sampler, have you done any other pieces by her?

Elizabeth
Old December 22nd 03, 03:14 PM
Farleyaw

I have this chart. I stitched it last year and it's spectacular! Lemme know
if you want it. Maybe we can work out a trade.

Anne
Old December 22nd 03, 03:53 PM
Bob & Marg Whittleton

Elizabeth Fusina wrote:

Donna D. wrote:

Was it on the cover? I have several copies if it is it.
If you need one.

I'm not the person looking for the (I think the piece is the Beehive
Sampler) chart, but yes, it was on the cover. I have planned to make
that piece since it came out, but it seems that something else always
displaces it in the queue. Well, someday. I want to make the Rose Garden
Sampler that goes with it too.

Elizabeth

I think that BH&G also published the patterns as brochures later, I
stitched both of them when they first came out, and they hang over the
bed in our room. The patterns called for slightly different colours of
linen, but I did them on the same so that they matched.

Marg

Labyrinth Beads - Too lovely for words EILEEN M BYRNES Beads 2 December 30th 04 02:34 AM
OT - words of the day ~Candace~ Beads 24 October 29th 04 05:38 AM
Comm- spirit and collage words on sale LasImpPan Rubberstamps 0 September 13th 04 04:22 PM
OT With respect to CAAM used to be Ot Words to a Xhenophobic(fwd) Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Needlework 0 September 6th 03 10:47 AM