What we're stitching now...

Old November 9th 05, 03:25 PM
Donna McIntosh

Default What we're stitching now...

I've been working on quite a few things (just not the
housework that DH thinks I should be doing! LOL
it will get done - just when I want to do it though!)

Spirit of the Eagle by Dimensions (for MIL)
Feb 01 Cross Country Stitching front cover
3 Chairs - paraphased - 1 for stitching merrily,
2 for taking tea, and 3 for company..

Froggie, Froggie - Stitchers Magazine Jul 99'
for my 9-yr old DD who's frog-crazy!

also knitting caps for kids, caps for Ship Support,
and just finished knitting gloves for my 12-yr DD,
and since I've been doing all this knitting, the weather
has stayed warm - go figure!

Donna in S. Indiana

Old November 9th 05, 03:35 PM
lisa.pauley

I'm kinda new here but thought I'd jump in on this thread since I've been
enjoying reading about everyone's projects!

I'm trying to finish Teresa Wentzler's Noah's Ark by the end of this month,
it's a Christmas gift for my Mom. I've been working on it since November
2003, just 16 little teeny over one animals to go...sigh.

And the rest of my UFOs:
Sweetheart Tree's Olde English Needleroll (my small project, should take it
with me places but never do)
M L-I's Celtic Christmas (poor dear, I haven't picked her up since 1999 or
so)
Amid Amish Life (I think I have 25 stitches into the first panel)

I feel like I'm part of a twelve-step program: "Hello, my name is Lisa and
I'm desperately trying to finish a cross-stitch project!!!)

Lisa in Springfield, IL

Old November 9th 05, 03:37 PM
Anne Tuchscherer

I have three projects that I am currently working on. I enjoy stitching
on all of them that my rotation is on a daily basis and sometimes (when
I have several hours in a day to stitch) on an hourly basis.

They a

Edge of a Ditch by Gerda Bengtsson of Danish Handcraft Guild
seen at http://www.scandinavianstitches.com/...0-5228,ren.jpg

Green Flowerpots by Gerda Bengtsson of Danish Handcraft Guild
seen at http://www.scandinavianstitches.com/30-5335.jpg

Rosemarkie by Longdog Samplers
seen at http://www.thefrenchneedle.com/rosemarkie.htm

I discovered Gerda Bengtsson patterns at CATS. Her charts are drawn by
hand, but they are very clear and large enough that I don't bother to
enlarge when I make a working copy. She has a wonderful eye for plants
in their shape and color. Her stuff is only sold as kits, but they are
really good kits. Big piece of linen and Danish Flower threads.

Anne (in Ellicott City, MD)

Jere Williams wrote:
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I love interesting quotes, and I'm doing one now that says: I pray that
risen from the dead, I may in Glory stand. A Crown perhaps upon my head,
but a needle in my hand."

The last quote I did said as I told y'all, "Things haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister."

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

Old November 9th 05, 04:29 PM
Gill Murray

Pat P wrote:
"Gill Murray" wrote in message

It is a bit cruel to laugh, but the late lamented MIL (may she haunt all)
almost set my kitchen on fire. I had bought some of those very tiny
(4-5)in diameter pizza for her. She really loved her pizza. Well, I walked
into the kitchen, black smoke was everywhere, and the old girl was
patiently standing by the microwave. She insisted that the instructions
said cook on high for 6 mins. My, we had a blackened hockeypuck.

Until the day she died , three months ago, she would never admit she had
ever been wrong. isn't life strange???

And did you have her cremated?

(Sorry!)

Pat P

Yup!!

Old November 9th 05, 04:35 PM
Pat P

"Donna McIntosh" wrote in message
I've been working on quite a few things (just not the
housework that DH thinks I should be doing! LOL
it will get done - just when I want to do it though!)

Spirit of the Eagle by Dimensions (for MIL)
Feb 01 Cross Country Stitching front cover
3 Chairs - paraphased - 1 for stitching merrily,
2 for taking tea, and 3 for company..

Froggie, Froggie - Stitchers Magazine Jul 99'
for my 9-yr old DD who's frog-crazy!

also knitting caps for kids, caps for Ship Support,
and just finished knitting gloves for my 12-yr DD,
and since I've been doing all this knitting, the weather
has stayed warm - go figure!

Donna in S. Indiana

Good for you - if he`s worried about the housework being done - what`s
stopping HIM from doing some?

Pat P

Old November 9th 05, 05:01 PM
Susan Hartman

I've been racing the clock for two weeks to finish up making fabric
boxes with a top/lid design of chessie and me's "When This You See
Remember Me." I'm making six boxes - one for myself and five for a bunch
of girlfriends I'll be seeing this weekend.

Results? I've decided to let the finishing on mine wait until after I'm
back from the trip with my friends. But their five: Two are completely
done, the other three are done *except* assembling the lids on three
(lace handwork on one piece of matboard, attach a covered/padded piece
of foamcore). So I just have those three lids to finish today. Little
did I expect that this one final step would be the hardest part of the
whole project...I'm trying to ladder stitch them together with a nice
long needle, then use a circular needle at the end of the seam when a
long needle just won't do any more. My fingertips are SO sore from
pushing the needle! I'll have lovely callouses soon!

Needless to say, I'm *really* looking forward to selecting a small
ornament or two for travel handwork...something quick and simple and
immediate gratification and *different*!!

Sue

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
http://www.dirtylinen.com
Old November 9th 05, 06:55 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Oh my gawd, I love them all! I have a book of Gerda Bengtsson's stuff, but
those two blow me away. And some day, I'm just going to have to cave in and
buy some of the Long Dogs I really want!

Cheryl

Old November 9th 05, 07:27 PM
Darla

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 06:58:50 GMT, "Jere Williams"
wrote:

I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

Right now, it's the Never-Ending Russian Rooftops, a/k/a Thea
Gouverneur's "St Petersburg 1703-2003." Some time in the next couple
of weeks or so, I'll take a short break from that to stitch a birth
sampler for an online friend's third daughter. Then back to St Pete,
and once St Pete is done, I'll start TW's "The Carousel" on
PictureThisPlus' "Carnival" hand-dyed Lugana 25.
Old November 9th 05, 07:30 PM
Tegan

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
And some day, I'm just going to have to cave in and
buy some of the Long Dogs I really want!

C'mon, Cheryl, you KNOW you want them! They really aren't hard, just
large. Granted, I haven't been as good as Caryn about working on
anything since I went back to work, but even I'm not intimidated by
them. (Okay, Plight of Fancy has me a bit intimidated, but only because
I want to do it in silks and haven't saved up enough for it yet)

Tegan (who wants to know who planted this obsession for Blackbird
designs in her subconscious and can it be removed?)

Old November 9th 05, 07:39 PM
Tegan

Darla wrote:
Then back to St Pete,
and once St Pete is done, I'll start TW's "The Carousel" on
PictureThisPlus' "Carnival" hand-dyed Lugana 25.

Oh Darla, that will be lovely! One of my stitching buddies and I made a
road trip out to the Picture This Plus shop (it's a two hour drive).
The ladies there are wonderful, and the fabrics.. oh.. the fabrics!
It's so neat to see the various different colours in person. And to see
how the different fabrics take the same dye. Not to mention, it's the
only shop I've ever walked into and felt immediately at home. It's a
fantasy lovers dream come true! Short of Letha's shop at CATS, it's the
only place I've ever been where the fantasy subjects outnumber the
"regular" stuff. And oh.. the fabrics.. I'm afraid I bought colors that
I have absolutely no idea what I'll do with them just because they were
so pretty.

Oh.. and normal disclaimer, no affiliation, just a massive love affair
going.. LOL
Tegan