What we're stitching now...

Old November 8th 05, 06:19 PM
Jere Williams

Default What we're stitching now...

Oh how wonderful -- I have photos of the Blue Angels (US Navy team, not as
good as USAF Thunderbirds, as per dh, but still excellent) that pop up as
part of my screensaver.

Would you be willing to share a couple of your Red Arrow shots?
--
Jere

"Pat P" wrote in message

"Jere Williams" wrote in message
In the spirit of changing things...

Many years ago, during a distressing term of unemployment, my dh decided
he
wanted a cross stitch of the USAF Thunderbird aerial demonstration team.
told him in no uncertain terms that I had no intention of stitching the
same
thing four times. I had a chart of one airplane, he wanted me to add

the
paint scheme they use, and then stitch four planes in the diamond
formation
they use when they fly.

So he did it -- adding the paint scheme, and even changing the

perspective
of each one so the planes looked correct in their formation.

It now hangs in his office -- and people never believe he's actually the
one
who stitched it.

Imagine my delight when I saw the new Quick & Easy magazine from the

UK --
not only did it have a free Tinker Bell kit (younger daughter, aged 31,
loves "Stinker Bell"), but it also has a chart of the Red Arrows (Brit
aerial demo team). I may just stitch this one for him myself.

Christmas
next year??
--
Jere

Every so often I have photos of the Red Arrows popping up on my screen (I
took them as they flew over the house a few times, during one of their
displays off the sea-front.) The contents of our photo album are set as a
slide show/screen saver.

One poor little boy who sometimes stays down at the caravan park where my
daughter works is absolutely TERRIFIED when they come down - his parents
have to take him somewhere else for the day! We were there when they did

practice run this year and the poor little chap ran of screaming his head
off with his hands clapped over his ears!

Pat P

Old November 8th 05, 06:22 PM
Tegan

jules wrote:
Now I'm working to finish the first of 4
bayeaux tapestry sections my in laws bought me in England!
Julie

Oh, Julie, do you by any chance know where in England they found the
Bayeaux Tapestry charts (I'm assuming charts... )? I'm spending
Christmas there with my dear friend, Claire, and would be very
interested in finding them.

Tegan

Old November 8th 05, 06:31 PM
Pat P

"val189" wrote in message
oups.com...
"LIghthouse Cove" Dimensions - 60% done

On tap: that Iris thing from Candamar which the friend unloaded on me.

Mental plans for a ndlpt cat sculpture to sit on back of couch - will
use up lots of old leftovers.

Plans for a quilted placematty type thing for top of microwave - found
suitable fabric recently.

Have plan for window valance for laundry room window - fabric gathering
dust for two years.

I ALMOST feel inclined to make something like that for the top of our
microwave while it`s still new and shiny. (John blew the old one up last
week roasting TWO chestnuts. I ask you! The darned thing thought it was
empty and burst into flames.

Not as funny as when, many years ago, he decided to try to cook an egg in
our microwave. n(In it`s shell, although I warned him) He did it - nothing
happened, so he triumphantly put it in an egg-cup, tapped it with a spoon
and - BANG!!! Egg all over the kitchen and, I`m glad to say, stuck in his
beard! Hilarious. Took him ages to clean up himself AND the kitchen. Did
the kids and I laugh? What do you think!

Pat P

Old November 8th 05, 06:44 PM
Tegan

Jere Williams wrote:
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I'm almost ashamed to admit that since I've started back to work, my
needles have fallen still. When I do finally get back to it I have two
Long Dog patterns started, Bagatelle and St. Germain. I also seem to be
currently enamored with all the Brittercup Kitties in all their various
poses. And lets not mention all the Blackbird designs that seem to have
leaped up and mugged me on various trips to the LNS's.

My current yarn obsession is going to have to wait until after
Christmas for me to continue. I took a class on weaving on a triangle
loom, and I have to admit, I think this might finally be the thing that
allows me to play with the yarn too! I can't knit, as I can't seem to
loosen my grip on the needles, and my stitches are so tight you can't
get back into them for another go. I can crochet a bit, but not well
enough to do the things I really want to do. This triangle loom weaving
is so fascinating, as you are creating your warp and weft threads as
you go. I can hardly wait until after the first of the year, when I can
think about buying my own loom.

I do have to get busy and do a Christmas ornament for my English pal's
partner, as he collects frogs and I found a cute little Lizzie Kate
ornament that says "Mistletoad" with a large frog (toad?) on it. She
never lets me send him the ceramic knickknacks I find.. something about
two frogs on a Harley that she just can't picture as cute.. LOL

Thanks for starting this thread, Jere, it's been an interesting (and
motivating!) thread!
Tegan

Old November 8th 05, 07:05 PM
Pat P

"Tegan" wrote in message
ups.com...

jules wrote:
Now I'm working to finish the first of 4
bayeaux tapestry sections my in laws bought me in England!
Julie

Oh, Julie, do you by any chance know where in England they found the
Bayeaux Tapestry charts (I'm assuming charts... )? I'm spending
Christmas there with my dear friend, Claire, and would be very
interested in finding them.

Tegan

Just found this, if it`s any help http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ran867-0.html

I have used Sew and so many times - extremely reliable, and sent the same
day they get the order if it`s by midday.

HIH.

Pat P

Old November 8th 05, 07:17 PM
Pat P

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
Pat in Illinois wrote:
I fell in love with the quotation: "If you cannot be kind, at least have
the decency to be vague." Now to find the appropriate border to put
around it.

Perhaps you need something very impressionistic... ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

That might be a good one for us as a group! The trouble is, if you`re even
slightly vague, someone always gets hold of the wrong end of the stick! ;-))

Pat P

Old November 8th 05, 07:38 PM
Brenda Lewis

Pat P wrote:
"val189" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, but did you take pictures? That would be one to make into a
t-shirt with the slogan "Boy, did I have egg on my face!"

--
Brenda
Bilge Queen of Puzzle Pirates
Old November 8th 05, 09:02 PM
Dr. Brat

Margaret Wilson wrote:

I am working on "Feline Fascination". A Chart & Charms kit from
Dimensions.
Also "Lily Pond Dreams" from Black Swan Designs.

I did Lily Pond Dreams as a wedding present for my niece. Turned out
lovely.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old November 8th 05, 09:54 PM
Pat P

"Brenda Lewis" wrote in message
.. .

Pat P wrote:
"val189" wrote in message
[...]

Unfortunately not! I was just reminding John about it and he reminded me of
the time I exploded a tinned pudding by letting it boil dry - another
almight bang, and the pudding was splattered all over the ceiling, and the
dog was cowering under the table. The tin itself was lying in the corner
completely flat!

AND when I put a pie I`d just taken out of the oven onto the switched-on
ring on top of the cooker - another bang! I seem to have explosive
tendencies in the kitchen!

Pat P

Old November 8th 05, 10:58 PM
Joanie R.

I've been working on the Dog Christmas stocking from the last issue of Just
Cross Stitch. It is coming out so cute. It is for my cocker spaniel
Brandy.

2nd item: Knitting baby preemie caps for a local hospital

3rd item: working on a Hardanger angel that I would love to finish this
year, but those Greek crosses are really tough to do. Then the next
stitching doesn't look all that easy. Started this with a group of women
who get together twice a month to stitch. Out of 6 of us, only one got it
finished (it's been 3 years), and that was the instructor of the project.

4th item:Pamela Kellogg's Winter into Spring online design. Working on the
3rd section with shamrocks. I love how it is coming together.

There are many other WIP's, but those are what I have been concentrating on
the last few months.

Joanie R.