OT Hooray the right cabinets are installed!

Old August 26th 05, 04:09 AM
nana2b

Default OT Hooray the right cabinets are installed!

Today it was 103. I drove up to the new house and VIOLA! they were
installing the correct cabinets. The electricians were there too and all
the outlets, switches, under cabinet lights and recessed lighting was going
in. The bathroom fixtures were waiting too. It was brutal in the house
with very little breeze. The landscaping looks great and the sprinkle system
is up and running thanks to an extension cord. I was glad I was there
because I caught some things that would only have to be redone later. I
mean, how can you miss a giant knothole in the crown moulding? Reluctantly
they redid it. I showed the electricians some of the outlets they missed
and the wiring for the light in the back closet. They seemed to appreciate
my input so they wouldn't have to come back. Tomorrow the granite
countertops will be installed in the kitchen and baths. Hopefully the
tilework will begin again on Monday. The walls in the house look like
someone was playing dodgeball. The whole inside has to be repainted. We are
so close yet so far! I came home and took a dip in the pool. The water is
so warm it felt like a bathtub. After a cool shower and a bottle of water I
felt much better. Only a few more boxes to pack. 7 days to go.

Thanks for listening. If you want to see the latest go to
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frame2.../ph//my_photos

Linda in Texas

Old August 26th 05, 02:43 PM
Sandy Foster

Looks great, Linda! You must be getting so excited!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 26th 05, 03:10 PM
nana2b

Excited and terrified at the same time! Not sleeping through the night. I
guess the brain doesn't sleep. Today the granite goes in! More photos
later on. Hugs to all, Linda

Old August 26th 05, 04:05 PM
Anne in CA

Such fun to "walk" through your new house with you Linda :-) I really,
really like the master bath tile and border. Really, really.

)O( Anne in CA )O(
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/annes.htm

Old August 26th 05, 07:32 PM
Taria

Piggybacking here. I am enjoying watching along too. How fun
a new house would be.
Taria

Old August 26th 05, 07:38 PM
nana2b

Thank you. I am so happy to be able to share the progress. The internet is
such a great tool. My parents live in NY and I can keep them up to date on
all the progress. More photos tomorrow as the countertops go in today.

Linda

Old August 26th 05, 07:39 PM
nana2b

Lots of fun, but so much work before (packing, moving and then moving again)
and after, maybe the fun part decorating.

Linda

Old August 26th 05, 08:11 PM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

What an utterly yummy house! Lucky you- I'm excited to see it after
you decorate, too..... 'specially the quilting studio!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old August 27th 05, 04:47 AM
nana2b

Can;t wait to get in there myself. I already know that I will need to have
upper cabinets installed. My stash seems to have multiplied living in the
closet. LOL

Hooray! I figured how to upload photos marbles_2 Quilting 8 June 1st 05 04:48 AM
I'm still hanging on....OT Larisa/CNYstitcher Quilting 9 November 17th 04 04:02 PM
Floss Cabinets Fred Needlework 55 July 17th 04 06:16 AM
Sorta On-Topic Hooray! Karen C - California Needlework 1 December 14th 03 07:12 AM
Cool storage - remade index card cabinets Dr. Sooz Beads 6 August 23rd 03 05:39 AM