Fabric collections for sale on Ebay

Old February 17th 04, 03:11 PM
Kristi M.

Default Fabric collections for sale on Ebay

My husband says my fabric is out of control! :-( I've managed to
consign a few pieces to Ebay, but these are nice fabrics that need
good homes. g

Renaissance Fabric: Lace, Satin, Brocade Item 2380716220
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Renaissance Fabric: Silks & Satin Item 2380720397
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Renaissance Fabric: Homespun & Linen Item 2380723676
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

6 y. gold windowpane check sheer fabric Item 2380726108
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

5 yards gorgeous, heavy silky teal fabric Item 2380728429
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

3 yards adorable puppy print knit fabric Item 2380734138
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

2.5 yards incredible palest olive knit fabric Item 2380737427
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

1.3 yards HEAVY navy denim Item 2380740558
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Gorgeous Greens: Cotton Fabric Collection Item 2380762852
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Pretty in Pink and Red: Cotton Fabric Asstmt. Item 2380764324
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Hearts and Flowers: Cotton Fabric Collection Item 2380766008
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Beautiful Blues: Cotton Fabric Collection Item 2380767713
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Thank you.

--Kristi
Old February 17th 04, 05:46 PM
David Harmon

On 17 Feb 2004 06:11:41 -0800 in rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,
(Kristi M.) was alleged to have written:
My husband says my fabric is out of control! :-( I've managed to
consign a few pieces to Ebay, but these are nice fabrics that need
good homes. g

What part of "NO" don't you understand?

The rec.crafts.textiles.sewing posting FAQ recently posted in this group
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm....supernews.com
says:
NO Advertising. NONE. No commercial ads, no auction notices, no ebay
announcements, no "for sale" private party ads, no links to a
commercial site; nothing. There are marketplace groups for ads.
(rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace)

eBay policy http://pages.ebay.com/help/welcome/usenet-policy.html
says:
eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to
advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates
the Usenet board policy. If Usenet abuse is reported to eBay, we may
among other remedies remove the listing, issue a warning, or suspend
the user's eBay account.

Old February 18th 04, 02:04 PM
Kristi M.

David Harmon wrote in message
What part of "NO" don't you understand?

Any part of it, I guess, David. I apologize. I was completely in
violation of both policies in posting the message, but it was through
ignorance and not intention. It won't happen again. Thank you for
noting the rules for me. I do appreciate it.

--Kristi
Old February 19th 04, 03:39 AM
AmazeR

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 05:04:35 -0800, Kristi M. wrote:

Any part of it, I guess, David. I apologize. I was completely in
violation of both policies in posting the message, but it was through
ignorance and not intention. It won't happen again. Thank you for
noting the rules for me. I do appreciate it.

--Kristi

Hi Kristi,

It can be a bit confusing sometimes.. esp. when some usenet n/g's
actually accept ads if you put AD in the subject line and also off topic
posts if you put OT in the subject line. I'm learning to look before I
leap!

Are you getting out of sewing or do you have another machine? I have a
Bernina 1030 and a Globelock M34. Am currently selling another machine I
have.. Want to get another Bernina for my daughter to learn to sew with.
She has just made her first outfit and so far loves it..

Welcome to the n/g,

Mavis

Old February 19th 04, 05:07 AM
Penny S

AmazeR retorted :
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 05:04:35 -0800, Kristi M. wrote:

Any part of it, I guess, David. I apologize. I was completely in
violation of both policies in posting the message, but it was through
ignorance and not intention. It won't happen again. Thank you for
noting the rules for me. I do appreciate it.

--Kristi

Hi Kristi,

It can be a bit confusing sometimes.. esp. when some usenet n/g's
actually accept ads if you put AD in the subject line and also off
topic posts if you put OT in the subject line. I'm learning to look
before I leap!

just curious, what non commercial groups do you read that actually don't
mind ads? I subscribe to alt. montainbike, alt.sewing, rec.backcountry,
rcts, periodically lurk at a few of the scuba and travel groups, read a few
others sports and outdoors ones on occasion, reference the Microsoft group
on an as-needed basis, and I tell ya NONE of them like ads. Some get a
little infested with ads once in a while, which really annoys people but I'm
seriously curious as to what groups really don't mind..?

an inquiring mind wants to know.

penny s

Old February 19th 04, 06:11 AM
Pogonip

Penny S wrote:

AmazeR retorted :

[...]

rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit doesn't mind ads.
Posting is low, machine knitting stuff is getting hard to
find. I guess it's sort of supply/demand.

rec.arts.mystery welcomes authors who post promoting their
books. Some regulars will post books for sale or for
free, too.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/

Old February 19th 04, 06:16 AM
Penny S

Pogonip retorted :
just curious, what non commercial groups do you read that actually
don't mind ads? I subscribe to alt. montainbike, alt.sewing,
rec.backcountry, rcts, periodically lurk at a few of the scuba and
travel groups, read a few others sports and outdoors ones on
occasion, reference the Microsoft group on an as-needed basis, and I
tell ya NONE of them like ads. Some get a little infested with ads
once in a while, which really annoys people but I'm seriously
curious as to what groups really don't mind..?

an inquiring mind wants to know.

penny s

rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit doesn't mind ads.
Posting is low, machine knitting stuff is getting hard to
find. I guess it's sort of supply/demand.

rec.arts.mystery welcomes authors who post promoting their
books. Some regulars will post books for sale or for
free, too.

what's really amazing it that there seems to be a news group for every
interest... and I'm not talking kinky.. just whatever one's into.

p.

Old February 19th 04, 06:47 AM
Liz

"Penny S" wrote in message

just curious, what non commercial groups do you read that actually don't
mind ads? I subscribe to alt. montainbike, alt.sewing, rec.backcountry,
rcts, periodically lurk at a few of the scuba and travel groups, read a

few
others sports and outdoors ones on occasion, reference the Microsoft

group
on an as-needed basis, and I tell ya NONE of them like ads. Some get a
little infested with ads once in a while, which really annoys people but

I'm
seriously curious as to what groups really don't mind..?

an inquiring mind wants to know.

penny s

Actually the only two newsgroups I subscribe to that seem to have any
objection to advertising are this one and alt.sewing. All the others have no
objection to have on-topic ads, and certainly don't seem to get inundated
with advertising. They don't seem to get corporate advertising, only
individuals with something to sell (their old bikes, LPs, bushwalking gear
etc). The other groups I subscribe to a
alt.fan.wodehouse
alt.macromedia.flash
aus.bicycle
aus.bushwalking
rec.food.preserving
rec.music.classical.recordings
Actually this group doesn't seem to object to off-topic posts in general
either, only the advertising.

Old February 19th 04, 10:12 AM
Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH to reply

Penny S wrote:

just curious, what non commercial groups do you read that actually don't
mind ads?

On sci.med.transcription we don't mind ads that are related to
transcription as long as they aren't posted more than once a week. But
that is a very vertical market compared to what people could think has
to do with sewing.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa
Old February 19th 04, 02:54 PM
Kristi M.

It can be a bit confusing sometimes.. esp. when some usenet n/g's
actually accept ads if you put AD in the subject line and also off topic
posts if you put OT in the subject line. I'm learning to look before I
leap!

Very good advice. I think I haven't been in the newsgroups much since
they were a wild-n-wooly, "no laws here" kind of place. It's great
that some are now moderated and policed -- I just missed that
happening.

Are you getting out of sewing or do you have another machine?

Wouldn't that be like "getting out of breathing"? g No, I just
read one of those "simplify your life" books and felt like a lot of
projects had piled up for which I no longer had any enthusiasm. I
decided to pare down in order to be able to focus on (read "get access
to") the ones I care about.

Thanks for being so kind in your reply! And good luck in your machine
search. Bernina machines in the store look great. I've got a Janome
for computerized embroidery stuff, but mostly sew on Mom's
old-but-not-antique Singer.

--Kristi

I have a
Bernina 1030 and a Globelock M34. Am currently selling another machine I
have.. Want to get another Bernina for my daughter to learn to sew with.
She has just made her first outfit and so far loves it..

Welcome to the n/g,

Mavis

For Sale: four cotton fabric collections on Ebay Kristi M. Quilting 16 February 20th 04 12:41 PM
Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 01:04 AM
elusive fabric! (long) Debbi Quilting 8 December 18th 03 08:54 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM