That *%&%^ Bear Tracks quilt

Old September 17th 04, 01:39 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default That *%&%^ Bear Tracks quilt

Hi guys,
Well, the top is finished and I am in the process of pin basting. The top
turned out OK -- I wasn't anal as usual about getting ALL of those points just
so! Actually, some of them are pretty wonky but what else can you expect from
a quilt with so many bias pieces in it? Besides, I talked to the guy on the
galloping horse and HE said it looked just fine to him :-). I don't have to
worry about the quilt police -- I am in north Georgia and it's only quit
raining in the last few hours and we are fairly well surrounded by standing
water in all of the low laying areas. the QP will need an ark to get to my
house -- LOL!
I have also decided on my quilting motifs. I don't usually do anything
fancy with the quilting -- usually some sort of grid or meander. this quilt
needs something different so it will get it :-)! The center portion (12" w x
24" l) will have a 1.5" diagonal grid and then I will SITD on the rest of the
quilt. The border strip around the grid (6" wide) will have a 4" continuous
line kitty design and the corner blocks will have a 5.5" sitting kitty. The
surrounding 6" Bears Paw blocks are done in a 12" Bear Tracks setting. These
larger blocks will get a continuous line looped wreath design with a center
loop motif. I looked at loads of other quilting designs but all of those
angular seam lines of the Bears Paw blocks really need some soft, more organic
lines of quilting. Besides, it's *much* easier to do in free motion quilting
:-).
Anyway, once I get the whole thing pin basted, I will try to remember to
have DH take a digital pic and I will post it. I have to have this thing
finished by next Thursday so everything else gets put on the back burner.
YESSSSSSS -- that means I can ignore the housework for another week -- LOLOL!
CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!
Online Photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old September 17th 04, 04:34 PM
Sandy Foster

.
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!
Online Photos at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

It sounds great, Mary! Can't wait to see the pics.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1