What is your current project?

Old September 24th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default What is your current project?

Ah yes, we haven't had one of these for ages!

I am working on a Blooming Nine Patch miniature for a magazine article.
The nine-patches are 1.5", a nice size for a 9-patch. I was going to do
it with 3/4" but I realised it might put too many people off; I'll
include the pattern for the 3/4" one though. It has been promised to
the magazine for ages - the editor has been very patient, and it has had
to stand in a queue for over a year. (It isn't a true miniature at that
size of course, but I'm hoping people will see it as a possible start to
'small' g).

I'm doing it with Fossil Ferns from very pale blue, to darkest green, in
6 or 7 colours, not sure yet which I'll do. Probably 6!! with the dark
green as just the binding.
..
In message , Pat in Virginia
writes
I just read Nana's comment where she said it is time to get back to
quilting. Good idea! So, I'd like a roll call of sorts to find out what
everyone's current project is.

My current work in progress is a quick and easy wall hanging featuring a
panel. I bought it, along with some of the coordinating pieces, at MAQF in
February. Here is what I read on the selvedge:
Happily Ever After by Jacqueline P ______ by _______ster Fabrics. (Some of
the cuts chopped up the info.) What is *your* project?

PAT in Virginia

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 24th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Denise in NH

With my husband about to embark on 7 weeks of daily radiation for
cancer, I decided to put together a project to take with me while
waiting for him at the clinic. I'm making quilted placemats. The
preliminary appointments have taken enough time for me to get two
placemats done already, so I better find some more projects to work on.

Lately I've been hitting some great yard sales and buying lots of
material for next to nothing. Last weekend I found about 20 yards of
really pretty seasonal prints including 6 yards of a cream colored
cotton with bird houses all over it, a light green and chrome three
shelf folding, rolling,"island" type table for my stand mixer, a new
flash for DH's camera, and a bunch of other thingies for $20 at a Boy
Scout yard sale.

My fall projects will include washing lots of material. I also want to
finally put a back on a Christmas Nativity quilt I made a couple of
years ago. I do quilt regularly all summer, but I love snugging up the
house for the winter and hibernating in my quilt room. It's still too
soon to put the house heat on, but I have a little oscillating heater
under my sewing table. Only trouble with that is, the cat and two dogs
will all expect to huddle under there with my foot pedal, gets a little
crowded.

Denise

Old September 24th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heather in WestOz

I've just finished a Bears Paw for DD2 in black and gun-metal gray. The gray
is satin and it looks stunning. I'll post pics over the weekend.
I also have a top completed for my SILs wedding in January. Yep I am
organised for once. But its still got to be sandwiched and quilted.
There are 3 baby quilts I want to do for my friend's daughters who have had
babies this year.
And I have 2 other quilts to quilt - one has been sitting here all
sandwiched and pinned for a LLOOONNNNGGGGG
time.
I don't see me finishing all of them before I go back to work in 6 weeks but
I feel like I've got something done this year.

Heather in West Oz

Old September 25th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_4_]

Myself and two good friends/colleagues from work are putting together
a hug quilt for another friend/colleague, who just two weeks ago was
diagnosed with cancer. In our agony over this news, I suggested that
we all make a quilt for our friend Leslie, and they thought it was a
great idea!

So, the three of us went shopping for the fabrics and all pitched in
$$. Our friend loves dogs so all of the blocks, and the backing, have
doggie themes. We had a 'sew in' last Sunday at my house (the living
room looked like a sweat shop) and will be getting together again next
Sunday to hopefully finish up the top.

What's so neat about this is that while I have been quilting for going
on 5 years, neither of my two friends/colleagues have ever pieced a
block! One is a long-time garment sewist, the other is just beginning
to learn to use her new machine.

So, to make it easy (at least I hope is it easy) I printed out 24
heart blocks to be foundation pieced, pre-cut the fabrics and numbered
all the pieces so they matched the pieces on the foundation and gave
them both a lesson in paper piecing.

Wow...did I then remember how much trouble I had when I first started
paper piecing!! After a couple of hits and misses, and a lot of
laughts, both friends 'got it' and we had a ball sewing up the blocks.
Lesli is underoing treatment right now to find 'the source' of the
cancer (aparently the tumor is a secondary location) and will soon be
undergoing surgery and likely chemo. We hope to have the hug ready
for her before, or at least shortly after, her surgery.

-Irene

Old September 25th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

My experience with radiation for breast cancer was that the treatments
did not take more than a few minutes and there wasn't a lot of wait
time. Of course, just 15-30 minutes every day for 7 weeks will add up.
But your work will probably be in short bursts. Walking the 6 blocks or
so to the clinic often took longer than the appointment itself.

Julia in MN

-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/
-----------

Old September 25th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Okay- just for the record.... just in case- I am not *this* Leslie who loves
dogs... I'm the other one.

I am so sorry your friend has this ugly diagnosis and I hope the treatments
are very successful and she gets as much joy and comfort from her hug as all
us other huggees. What a wonderful thing make for her. And creating two
new quilters is good, too!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 25th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]

Well, following along with Kate here, I'm not currently quilting,
but....

6 valances for a restaurant (did the seat cushions for them, this is
an additional contract)

2 sets of camo curtains for another client, who got my name from the
mom of one of DSs friends

wool, lined coat for DD to wear with her dresses

sweats and flannel pants for DS (DDs Christmas flannel pats are
finished and wrapped already!)

non-sewing stuff:
working on paperwork for DPT/Policy Council for the preschool program
that DD is currently in (school-based, head-start and non head-start
students)

starting to organize tax paperwork for both home and business

cleaning out "stuff" that we no longer need

Larisa
Old September 25th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_4_]

Yes - 'my' Leslie is not *you,* Leslie!! Sorry for any confusion,
all.

-Irene

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:25:28 -0500, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:

Okay- just for the record.... just in case- I am not *this* Leslie who loves
dogs... I'm the other one.

I am so sorry your friend has this ugly diagnosis and I hope the treatments
are very successful and she gets as much joy and comfort from her hug as all
us other huggees. What a wonderful thing make for her. And creating two
new quilters is good, too!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

.. .

Old September 25th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
steve

The school year is the slow down time for my sewing, but you know me, I
always have too many things going and just keep adding more.

1. I have a tryptich of Alaska flowers I'm doing in hand applique that I do
while watching TV.
2. A stack-n-whack Christmas tree skirt waiting years to be machine
quilted. Currently layering.
3. A statck-n-whack nine patch made from leftovers of the above. Same
state.
4. Hand quilting a 36 inch square Hawaiian square. Bali purple and Bali
green background.
5. Hand quilting a rectangular hexagon quilt, about 2 by 3, then place
folded flowers. Teals and Purples.
6. Baby quilt, 6 years over due.

I think that is enough of a list at the moment. All are UFO's except the
first. I have many other in tubs waiting to be pulled out and finished.
That is my plan over the winter. Nothing new, only finish.

Steven
Alaska

Old September 25th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
simpleseven

On Sep 24, 6:34*am, "Pat in Virginia" wrote:
I just read Nana's comment where she said it is time to get back to
quilting. Good idea! So, I'd like a roll call of sorts to find out what
everyone's current project is.

I am currently machine quilting my DS's grassy patches on his Frog's,
Turtles, and Snakes quilt. After that is done, it'll be time for
binding and I don't have a clue what I'm going to use at this point.
I've designed a Mariner's compass table topper for my in-laws
Christmas present, using EQ and one of Carol Doak's blocks. I'm using
beach themed colors. I've already washed the two reds with Synthropol
(?) to help prevent bleeding.
I also have a pirate quilt I've designed in EQ and will be working on
that while DS is in school. It's a surprise and I hope to have it
finished by his birthday in July. I've already bought all the
material for it.
I just purchased fabric for a quilt that I'm donating to my DH's class
for auction. They are putting together a scholarship and are having
on going fundraisers. I've designed this one in EQ too and am using
the schools colors of orange and black and the school mascot is a
tiger.
More than likely I'll be working on DS's quilt during the day and then
putting it out of sight and pulling out one of the others in the
afternoon and the weekends.
I have a few UFO's waiting, but figured they waited this long, they
can wait just a little bit longer! lol

Launie, in Oregon

Current Project Donna Needlework 30 September 10th 07 06:47 PM
Current project Valerie Beads 25 August 23rd 07 02:06 AM
Thank you and about my current project Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 1 October 29th 05 09:59 AM
What is your current project? Marisa Cappetta Beads 17 August 18th 05 11:46 PM
WC Project Exchange - pics of my finished project Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 23 October 21st 04 09:45 AM