What is your current project?

Old September 24th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Default What is your current project?

The two BOM at my LQS, a Garden Twist quilt for DS's 20th anniversary, a
Halloween wallhanging and a Christmas wallhanging. Oh, and need to put the
binding on a quilt I made for DH's 60th birthday next month!

--
Donna in NE La.
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
I just read Nana's comment where she said it is time to get back to
quilting. Good idea! So, I'd like a roll call of sorts to find out what
everyone's current project is.

My current work in progress is a quick and easy wall hanging featuring a
panel. I bought it, along with some of the coordinating pieces, at MAQF in
February. Here is what I read on the selvedge:
Happily Ever After by Jacqueline P ______ by _______ster Fabrics. (Some
of the cuts chopped up the info.) What is *your* project?

PAT in Virginia

Old September 24th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Just finished a store sample twin-sized quilt top, fabric from Paisley
Party by Red Rooster fabrics, pattern is Lilypads from TIME OUT QUILTS
by Atkinson Designs. Back is seamed and ready to turn into the store
(and long arm) tomorrow. Need to make pieced borders for a taupey
(Serenity fabrics) clamshell quilt. Getting tired of clamshells. I'm
accumulating fabric for an Asian bright blue Japanese Pine Bark quilt,
a panda quilt from the BQ2 pattern, a pink/brown quilt from Miss
Rosie's Bella Rosa pattern, the stitchery fabric for Over the River
(I've got the starter pack of fabrics from the Ink Well (?) collection
from Marcus Bros.) and the list goes on and on. Uncle Harold's Xmas
gift Rag Quilt is done and needs a trip to the laundromat for
washing.

Usually by this time of the year my Xmas list is pretty much in
stone. I'm lagging badly there. May be 'checks all around' and I've
resolved to not feel guilty.

joan
p.s. Great topic. I love to read what others are working on.
Old September 24th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

Since I will be getting my stash here with me next week, I will be trying to
finish some quilts. One just needs binding.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old September 24th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Pat in Virginia wrote:
I just read Nana's comment where she said it is time to get back to
quilting. Good idea! So, I'd like a roll call of sorts to find out what
everyone's current project is.

My current work in progress is a quick and easy wall hanging featuring a
panel. I bought it, along with some of the coordinating pieces, at MAQF in
February. Here is what I read on the selvedge:
Happily Ever After by Jacqueline P ______ by _______ster Fabrics. (Some of
the cuts chopped up the info.) What is *your* project?

PAT in Virginia

No quilting here for a while yet... Projects include:

Several hats! Two for a clown/entertainer, and two Elizabeth Bennet
style silk bonnets for a Living History customer...

Finish a pair of jeans for another customer...

Finish a skirt for mum, a coat for Big Sis, and do cushions for Little
Sis...

Just had a wedding dress enquiry for next May/Jun... Asked How much...
? and giggled when I said 'Anything between £150 and £5,000, depending
on the amount of work involved.' Wants to come and see me next week.

I still have last Christmas's wall hanging to complete. I've just made
nine Christmas Stockings, 15 peg bags, and 10 easy totes to sell at my
fund raiser coffee morning on Friday. If they don't sell then, I'll
sell them at the craft fair at Christmas.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 24th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold[_2_]

Well, I'm still working on the borders for my "orange crush" mystery quilt
that grew. The borders are all pieced now, I just have to get them sewn on.
That involves rearranging my living room to set up a sewing table in there.
My current sewing space has about 10 inches behind my machine and about 18
inches to the left of the needle. Definitely not enough space to manuever a
queen/king size top in. DH goes back to work tomorrow, so hopefully will get
to it then.
I've done this in a quilt-in-sections-as-you-go-style. I'm planning to add
each border (4 of them) stitching thru all three layers, then go back and
add more quilting in each one.

At the same time I am still putting 4 patches together as my leader/ender
project for the next quilt. It's another Bonnie Hunter scrappy pattern
(quiltville.com) called Cathedral Stars, which I'm making bigger. Half of
the blocks are done and I have about 160 of the 245 4-patches done for the
second type blocks.

Then I will start on my project that is still looking to be 16 patches with
snowballs. I'm gong to put a couple of blocks together and if it looks
promising I'm going to prepare a pile of pieces to sew leader/ender style
while I finish piecing the Cathedral Stars.

It's taken me all summer to get the Orange Crush one to this stage. I'd
really like to get it done and on my bed as the colors are perfect for fall.

I also have a flannel snowman top that needs one last border piece sewn on
and then quilted. I don't have the backing or batting for it yet, but I may
get a chance to head for a city by myself on Friday, and will add that to my
shopping list. I'd like to have that on the bed for Dec 1.

How's that for setting deadlines??? VBG

My list goes on but thats all I'm hoping to work on for the next few months.

Marilyn
in beautiful, autumn colored, Alberta, Canada

Old September 24th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise[_3_]

A quilt in neutrals for my nephew's wedding (back in May) and another in
greens, brown, and beige for my niece's wedding (coming up in two weeks)
Neither are close to being done!

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

Old September 24th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Mine is the Table runner finished and I am binding the matching placemats
atm. Hope to finish them tonight.

Old September 24th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

OH MY! There is a special place in heaven for band parents who make
flags.....64 flags!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Cindy Schmidt" wrote in message
Not a quilting one but I'm currently making 64 yes that's 64 flags for my
DD's high school marching band.

Largest is a 7 foot x 9 foot.

I'M TIRED OF FLAGS........

--
Cindy from MO

Old September 24th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte

Lets see. Not as many as I usually have right now for some reason (probably
because the others have become UFO's rather than current projects -need to
remedy that!!)

1. I am working on a quilt for my D,DFIL. It is a Solomon's star in a dark
tan and blues. I am hoping to get it professionally quilted and ready for a
Christmas present, but we will see. If I miss that deadline, his Bday is in
the middle of Feb. so hopefully I can at least make that one.

2. I have a stack of charity tops that I am working on tying.

And that is it for current quilting projects. I am supposed to be testing
another pattern, but the designer is has been having some set backs, so we
shall see when I get that to do. I also need to pull out some of my UFO's
and finish them up. Once the weather is cooler I need to get my
handquilting back out (been packed away for about 3-4 years I'm sad to
say!!!)

For some reason my non-quilting projects list is very small right now too
(and there aren't any UFO there so that's not why - guess I just done a good
job of finishing and not starting as many new ones as I usually do). I have
a couple of crochet projects I switch back and forth on now that it has
cooled some (can't stand to do it in the hot sticky summer months) and I
have 1 cross stitch project going right now.

WOW!!! Guess I need to get some UFO's out or start some new projects.
Those lists are too small!!!
--
Charlotte

Old September 24th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Pat in Virginia" wrote:

I just read Nana's comment where she said it is time to get back to
quilting. Good idea! So, I'd like a roll call of sorts to find out what
everyone's current project is.

My current work in progress is a quick and easy wall hanging featuring a
panel. I bought it, along with some of the coordinating pieces, at MAQF in
February. Here is what I read on the selvedge:
Happily Ever After by Jacqueline P ______ by _______ster Fabrics. (Some of
the cuts chopped up the info.) What is *your* project?

PAT in Virginia

Let's see .... G I'm currently quilting one of my camp projects from
July, with the next one waiting to have the machine appliqué finished.
Then I still have my hand pieced diamonds to work on (they're going more
slowly right now G), and I'm about to select a new boutis project to
work on. I tried boutis a few years ago and messed it up, but I'd like
to give it another go.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net

Current Project Donna Needlework 30 September 10th 07 06:47 PM
Current project Valerie Beads 25 August 23rd 07 02:06 AM
Thank you and about my current project Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 1 October 29th 05 09:59 AM
What is your current project? Marisa Cappetta Beads 17 August 18th 05 11:46 PM
WC Project Exchange - pics of my finished project Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 23 October 21st 04 09:45 AM