What is your current project?

Old September 24th 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default What is your current project?

I just read Nana's comment where she said it is time to get back to
quilting. Good idea! So, I'd like a roll call of sorts to find out what
everyone's current project is.

My current work in progress is a quick and easy wall hanging featuring a
panel. I bought it, along with some of the coordinating pieces, at MAQF in
February. Here is what I read on the selvedge:
Happily Ever After by Jacqueline P ______ by _______ster Fabrics. (Some of
the cuts chopped up the info.) What is *your* project?

PAT in Virginia

Old September 24th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

A wedding quilt, a Hug quilt, and two Christmas quilts. And yes, they are
ALL current.
AAAGGGHHH!

lol

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Outside, every day, no matter what.

Old September 24th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Pat in Virginia wrote:
I just read Nana's comment where she said it is time to get back to
quilting. Good idea! So, I'd like a roll call of sorts to find out what
everyone's current project is.

Two quilt tops from swap blocks - both are getting the twist'n'turn
treatment to help with slightly varying block sizes. The first set has
been twisted, the fabric for the second is due any day. I now need to
order some sashing fabric for the first one and a bigger ruler for
squaring up the blocks.

A quick baby quilt based around a Moda "Look and Learn" charm pack. The
baby is due in October and is believed to be male, but I shall leave
doing the binding until he/she arrives.

A wall hanging of a galaxy - the galaxy is my first piece of handmade
felt mounted on black Kona cotton and I have been waiting to get some
black batting before going any further but now that is due to arrive
with the order of fabric for the twist and turn quilts.

Lizzy

Old September 24th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia Altshuler

Current projects:

1. The "Shades of Tiffany" quilt based on the Gai Perry pattern in
peacock colors for my parents' joint 85th birthday party in January.
The quilt is in the cutting stage. A little under half of it is on the
design wall. I'm still shopping for fabric for it.

2. The wedding quilt for my cousin's recent marriage. The color scheme
is blues, greys, pastels, no pink. The pattern will be based on Persian
rugs. I have most of the fabrics for it, a nice stripe that will work
for the borders and a sort of paisley design for large spaces between 2
central blocks. As you can tell, the design on graph paper is mostly
done too.

3. Getting to the bottom of the solids box. When I first started
making quilts 20 years ago, I was so naive about fabric, marketing
fabric, prices of fabric, and matching colors, that I thought working
with solids was easier than patterns, and I thought that when JoAnn's
had a sale I'd never be able to get the fabrics again. I bought all
manner solids, used some, then put the rest in a box where I've scarcely
touched them since. Just getting to the bottom of that one box is a
major stash reduction undertaking. I've made 6 tops and backs for my
guild's benefit quilt project from that box and haven't made a dent.
It's only a milk crate, but it holds multitudes.

I swear that if I ever use all the fabric, I'm going to bring the empty
crate to my guild's show and tell. This has become an obsession. My
rules are that I'm not allowed to throw the fabric away. I have to use
it in a quilt one way or another. If I give it away, the recipient has
to use it in a quilt. I'm not taking the easy way out and letting it go
from my stash to someone else's. I've been piecing together big pieces
for backs and using other big pieces for large borders.

4. Those tops and backs are going to come back to me basted. Then it's
up to me to machine quilt and bind them before donating. I have 6 top
and back sets ready and a volunteer with a group that has promised to
baste for me. If all goes well, I'll drop off the tops-backs to her at
guild meetings, get sandwiched quilts back, machine quilt and bind, give
them back to her for donating, and continue in this manner until that
blasted box of solids is gone.

--Lia

Old September 24th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

I'm at the quilting step of a stained glass wall hanging; the pattern is
called "Julia's Lily" (Hard to resist buying a pattern with my name in it

Julia in MN

-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/
-----------

Old September 24th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Believe it or not, I am nearly caught up with quilting the stack of
finished tops. Need to put a border on the last one in the pile, then
it's ready for basting. A couple of unfinished tops are still
simmering, not quite done yet. There's a stack of teddy bears to sew
(comfort bears for the women's shelter). Blocks are arriving from all
over for the next friendship quilt, so that's what's on the design
wall. And tomorrow I expect to receive a small top from one of my
local quilting buddies. She won the bidding at a charity auction for 6
hours of my quilting time. Just hope it's something I can finish in 6
hours :-)
Roberta in D

Old September 24th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Roberta wrote:
Believe it or not, I am nearly caught up with quilting the stack of
finished tops.

Don't believe you :-P

What a wonderful state to be in. My unquilted top pile is increasing on
purpose at the moment, but there is method in my madness! Earlier in
the summer I bought a Horn cabinet on ebay and then got the special
insert to suit my machine, unfortunately since then the cabinet has been
languishing in my office at work while we finish some decorating at home
which should enable me to have a dedicated room for sewing & quilting
(and for guests, but that is usually DD and she can cope with sharing
with fabric!). My idea is to be have my tops ready for MQing on my new
flat surface and so get lots of practice. The longer it takes to get
the space ready, the more tops I'll have ready for learning on.

Lizzy
Old September 24th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
I just read Nana's comment where she said it is time to get back to
quilting. Good idea! So, I'd like a roll call of sorts to find out what
everyone's current project is.

My current work in progress is a quick and easy wall hanging featuring a
panel. I bought it, along with some of the coordinating pieces, at MAQF in
February. Here is what I read on the selvedge:
Happily Ever After by Jacqueline P ______ by _______ster Fabrics. (Some
of the cuts chopped up the info.) What is *your* project?

Well, Pat,
I have a number of UFO's (tops) from years gone by, a number of quilt blocks
from various swaps (at least 5 tops worth), and a number of PIG's (Projects
in Grocery Sacks) that were all reclaimed this year when I cleaned closets
and shed to start sewing again.

With so much to choose from, I am currently working on:
-A small (17 x 22) wall hanging from a kit; needs to be finished,
sandwiched, quilted, bound. (Gonna try and hand-quilt this one!)
-A lap-sized YBR; needs to be sandwiched and quilted, bound.
-A lap-sized 'checkerboard' made from 9-patch swap blocks; needs to be
sewn, sandwiched, quilted, bound.
-An old UFO (nine-patch baby quilt); needs quilting finished and bound.
-A second UFO (ribbon star lap quilt); needs to be sandwiched and quilted,
bound.

Believe it or not, I am having problems sticking to the list! So many NEW
projects call out to me. But, this year, I managed to FINISH two baby
quilts, and finishing felt pretty good -- so I am going for it.

Lisa in NJ

Old September 24th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Just one??? LOL
Yesterday I designed a "wrought iron gate/fence" and made up a little
sample for the shop. (There are a couple of bolts of this gorgeous
print..... sunset colors with silhouette of saguaros and such. It isn't
selling and I said I could see what I could do with it for some ideas.)
Will get picture and post it soon. I also want to do a simple Irish
chain (nine patch and squares) with the desert sunset as the squares,
and perhaps the centers of the nine patch. The diagonals of the nine
patch will be black, the rest of it "sunset colors". I may have enough
of the print to use the "sky" portion as the "sunset colors".

I am also working on a Christmas gift/wedding quilt for my niece. It
will probably drive me crazy before I finish it. sigh.

Also sewing some bags and preparing for some other class samples.

Sew..... a lot going on. and some stuff actually getting accomplished. VBG

Pati, in Phx

Old September 24th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Not a quilting one but I'm currently making 64 yes that's 64 flags for my
DD's high school marching band.

Largest is a 7 foot x 9 foot.

I'M TIRED OF FLAGS........

--
Cindy from MO

Current Project Donna Needlework 30 September 10th 07 06:47 PM
Current project Valerie Beads 25 August 23rd 07 02:06 AM
Thank you and about my current project Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 1 October 29th 05 09:59 AM
What is your current project? Marisa Cappetta Beads 17 August 18th 05 11:46 PM
WC Project Exchange - pics of my finished project Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 23 October 21st 04 09:45 AM