Do you ECHO Echo echoooooooo ?

Old September 11th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default Do you ECHO Echo echoooooooo ?

I'm sure we would both deserve it... if not for that then *surely* there's
something we've done recently to deserve it??? I'm in the doghouse-
literally!!!- for all the noise from the vacuum and shampoo-er. Not even
Hoover will come near me with his red rubber ball begging to go play in the
backyard.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
I saw that too, Leslie, and considered telling our NightMist that my arms
are rather short. She just might come bop us on the nose with a rolled-up
newspaper. Polly

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote NightMist, dear, is that a LONGarm
or a long ARM? LOL

Leslie- feeling ornery & The Furbabies in MO.- where 'we' just shampoo'ed
the carpet and I have a blister on my hand to prove it! I ran the
machine and The HairyButts ran in circles.....

"NightMist" wrote On a preemie quilt that would be easy!
Just don't try it on a king.
I have long since learned that curves are good, curves are grand,
curves should always move foward and not in circles when the quilt is
massive.
Round and round things on big quilts are easiest by hand. Unless you
have a long arm I s'pose.

Old September 11th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Or 'for next time you THINK of doing something bad'.

Butterfly (Memory Lane isn't very pleasant today. At lest, PT was 'easy' and
I have an 'easy on the eyes PT'er Will he be my 'Pool Boy" that does
massages??????)

Old September 11th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I just looked up echo quilting in Diane Gaudinsky's Guide to Machine
Quilting book. She uses free motion presser foot and uses the edges
of the foot to sort of gauge spacing. Keep your eyes on the previous
line of stitching not the needle.

Harriet Hargrave says you can lightly mark the echo lines when you are
learning just to get the feel of it. She does the first quilting line
in a ditch around the edges of your design. SO I guess she really does
an outline of the appliqué right up against but not on it. She says
keep your eye on the needle for this. Next row use the edge of your
free motion foot for a gauge and work clockwise.

I think I just usually try to get up against the appliqué or within
1/8" or so and free motion slowly to get started. I think you just
need to start experimenting. I am trying to see in my mind happy
hooting out of those preemie babies. : )

If Leslie is reading, have you tried the new fancy free motion foot
for the 6600? I am thinking about getting one. This machine and
I need to learn to get along. LOL

TAria

Polly Esther wrote:

A machine quilting question. Tell us how you echo. I 've tried (or seen)
echoing just as close as you can manage to get with the SM foot. I've tried
moving out 1/8" or 1/4" in a sort of shadow effect. I've tried barely
following the edge of the vine or appliqué with just a loopy stipple.
What technique do you use? Why? Easier, looks better, what? Just
wondering. I don't think the preemie babies I stitch for will give a happy
hoot but I always, always would like to do better. Polly

Old September 11th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

No, I don't have it yet. I received the email from Janome when they
released it and I wrote down the part numbers for it and another new quilty
type foot, but..... never made it in to see if my dealer has it in stock.
The 6600 feet are pretty expensive, so I want to wait a bit now. I have
some big, but rather happy, expenses coming up. I'm not telling- and NO!!!
I'm not expecting- either human or canine! LOL!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 12th 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Well, I hope I don't have any expenses coming up so maybe I should
test it out. Does this expense have anything to do with the travel
questions you had a while ago?
Taria

Old September 12th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Nope!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 12th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Yep!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.- where we *sometimes* know to keep our lips
sealed!

Old September 12th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

Taria,
maybe if you offer her a nice juicy bone, er, i mean some chocolate,
you can get her to fess up to what this is all about.
j.
i know i'm not the only one reading this and curious

Old September 12th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen[_4_]

Hi Sherry,

I ordered the Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric from
virginiaquilter.com

Some of it is out of stock right now but she is getting more in.

Karen in WI

Sherry wrote:
On Sep 10, 9:07�pm, Julia in MN jaccola-AT-chartermi-
wrote:
Polly Esther wrote:
A machine quilting question. �Tell us how you echo. �I 've tried (or seen)
echoing just as close as you can manage to get with the SM foot. �I've tried
moving out 1/8" or 1/4" in a sort of shadow effect. �I've tried barely
following the edge of the vine or appliqu� with just a loopy stipple.
� � What technique do you use? �Why? �Easier, looks better, what? � Just
wondering. �I don't think the preemie babies I stitch for will give a happy
hoot but I always, always would like to do better. �Polly

I did some echo quilting on the Hungry Caterpillar quilts I made for my
granddaughters.
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/HungryCaterpillar.JPG
Unfortunately, the photo is just of the top, so it doesn't show any
stitching. I stitched "in the ditch" around the leaf, caterpillar, &
butterfly -- also along the vein in the leaf and several lines in the
butterfly wings. Then I echoed with lines about 1/2" apart around each
of the objects to fill the white space around them. I quilted the "gum
ball" areas with large "pebbles" -- rather irregular ones, I must admit.
Fortunately, the design of the fabric camouflages them somewhat.

Julia in MN

I love that quilt. That was my daugher's favorite book when she was 6.
I've always wanted to make one
for a grandchild (If I ever get one). I've seen the panel, but it was
only 24" or so and didn't know what to do with it. I've never seen the
other fabric that you used. Where did you find it?

Sherry