New Log Cabin Quilt

Old February 19th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default New Log Cabin Quilt

A wonderful consolation to her, nicely done!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Well, I just finished my latest quilt. A 66"x 66" lap quilt for my
wife; (the self professed quilting widow). I think it is my best
effort to date. Hope you like it.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...CabinQuilt.jpg

John

Old February 19th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 18, 9:50 pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Wow, John, that's gorgeous. I'm curious. I notice that your center
sashings are a little wider than the others. Were you following a pattern
or was this a design element that seemed like a good idea on your own?
Never saw that before (of course, there's lots I've never seen) but it looks
wonderful. Polly

I used a picture in one of my quilt books as inspiration. There would
be no way to reduce the width of the center sashings, as that would
reduce the overall width of that group of squares to some degree. Or
at least to my understanding of it. The center sashings are consistent
both horizontally and vertically so I think it balances out in the
long run. And the (sashings) are in fact created by the dark color
strip on the outside (dark color) of the pattern squares. They just
are dominant because they are butted, when placed in that orientation.
In a couple of pictures in the same book, they show a zig-zag pattern
which does not have that effect due to the non butting of the dark
colors. All strips are 1" finished and consistent throughout.

John

Old February 19th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 19, 1:08 am, (Patti S) wrote:
Beautiful...... just beautiful. I can't believe how quickly you're
getting your quilts done! Weren't you the one that said he was ready for
a "break" a few weeks ago? :-

Patti in Seattle

I am entering rehab today. I have admitted my addiction and hope to be
able to confront my weakness. Please somebody, stop me before I quilt
again. On the other hand, to hell with rehab, I am having too much
fun. You are all a bunch of enablers.

John

Old February 19th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Please could you repost the link to your LC quilt? I miss A
LOT of posts and I would love to see. LC is one of my
favourite pieced blocks.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
: On Feb 18, 9:50 pm, "Polly Esther"
:

Old February 19th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 19, 9:02 am, "CATS" wrote:
Please could you repost the link to your LC quilt? I miss A
LOT of posts and I would love to see. LC is one of my
favourite pieced blocks.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o
( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
Enness Boofhead Donuthttp://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

Here you go.

Old February 19th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

It's lovely, John. That was a very short 'rest' g
Before long you will have a list of requests as long as your arm!
It's great that you are getting photographs of them all, as you go
along.
..
In message , Jessamy
writes
I *love* this one! I like the way you have a wider sashing in the centre!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 19th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

John, it's GORGEOUS! Now your wife isn't a quilt widow, she's a recipient!
Thanks for sharing,
--
Debi

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

oups.com...

Old February 19th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 18, 9:33 pm, "TerriLee in WA \(state\)"
wrote:
Beautiful, John. Lovely colors and layout. I just wish I could finish
things as fast as you do. "Quilting widow" indeed. She could do what my DH
is doing, and set up her own space for sewing. He made ascot-like things
yesterday, for the American Legion Riders group he belongs to.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to replyhttp://community.webshots.com/user/tlbishop

"John" wrote in message

oups.com...

Well, I just finished my latest quilt. A 66"x 66" lap quilt for my
wife; (the self professed quilting widow). I think it is my best
effort to date. Hope you like it.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...ng/?action=vie...

John

I have set up a Bernina 220, with lots of pressure feet, for my wife
to use and I helped her make her first apron last week. She picked out
the fabric and did a great job on it. I bought her some vegetable
themed fabric, online and she loved them. ( We are long time
Vegetarians). She will be making 3 more aprons from that fabric, and
maybe the bug will bite her by the time she finishes them. I hope so,
with the one caveat; I demand the right of possession on the new steam
generator iron. This is a non negotiable demand and I will fight to
defend it. Just kidding! It would be great if we could share my passon
for sewing.

John

Old February 19th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Very pretty set, the red looks like sashing. Well done! (Hope your wife
liked it!)
Roberta in D

oups.com...

Old February 19th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

We are the last people to help you stop!
Roberta in D, fellow addict

"John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...