New Quilt Photos

Old July 4th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Default New Quilt Photos

Hi Guys,
I've added some new photos to the Quilts album at my Webshots site.
They are the first three photos in the album. The first one is a new
quilt I made for Bob, a friend's DH, for this past Christmas. The other
two are photos of the 2nd and 3rd quilts I made for my VDMIL, also
Christmas gifts. I had never taken any photos of either quilts and got
them back after she crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
The 2nd quilt I made her is a pinwheel that was done on the serger
-- NEVER again! It also is the one that had the "straight" sides cut on
the bias and the long diagonal side cut on the straight of grain. I
have NO idea what I was thinking when I cut that one out -- LOLOL! Of
course, it was not at all like the clothing I was used to making. I had
also used poly batting and the poly backing which was cut large enough
that I folded it to the front side and used it as the outer
border/binding. After Ma passed away, I got the quilt back, redid it
with cotton batting & backing and added a pieced cotton binding.
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old July 4th 06, 08:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

those are lovely quilts Tia Mary! I could not have imagined redoing the 2nd
quilt though so hats off for you getting it done so nicely!

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old July 4th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Tia Mary, what beautiful quilts. I'm inspired by your remake of the
second quilt. I have one, pieced by my long-deceased Meemaw and then
quilted by my MIL (who is a dear, dear woman). It's falling apart and
lumpy. I'm about to have to take it apart and requilt it. I'm glad to
hear that somebody else has done the same thing. Makes me believe it's
possible. Thanks for sharing. Every time I see somebody's posted
photos, I get great ideas and I'm snitching some of these for making
myself in the future.

Sunny

Old July 6th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nana2b

They are lovely. Kudos to you for "remaking" the quilt. Linda in Tx

Newbie: Info on Quilt Challenge PinkLady Quilting 8 November 7th 05 06:36 PM
Holiday Quilt Photos posted nana2b Quilting 5 December 22nd 04 05:17 PM
Nice Quilt Story Sk8eraunt Quilting 4 October 2nd 04 03:46 PM
My Hug Quilt Photos jennell H Quilting 19 May 2nd 04 04:25 PM
Its that time again! FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 9 February 1st 04 09:08 PM