OT - rambling - should I believe this???

Old February 20th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - rambling - should I believe this???

I worked with a lab tech at a hospital in Indiana years ago like that. She
was tall and the day she delivered she was still wearing the straight sack
uniforms that they wore - straight up and down dresses with no flare at
all. Not me - I always got as big as all outdoors when I was pregnant.
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article .com,
"marigold" wrote:

I am curious though if it really is possible to go 8 months without
figuring out that you are pregnant???

Marilyn
stunned, confused, and bubbly cause there is another new baby coming!!!

When I was student teaching, another teacher at the school was pregnant
and didn't show at all. (She did know she was pregnant, though! G) She
didn't show because she was quite tall, and the baby apparently simply
stretched out lengthwise instead of bunching up and poofing out. G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old February 20th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Carole- Shame on you.... making fun of a person who had an extremely
humongous sinus infection exactly 35 years ago! My English skills are
sadly lacking, but I *usually* can get my point across! LMAO! I'm so
glad my quilting skills are better than my syntax- is that even the
correct word to use here??? Duh on me.... ;-)

Leslie
C&S wrote:
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...

-----------------8-------------------------------------------------------
And I had been told I probably couldn't ever get pregnant by a military
OB/GYN! I had a healthy 8 lb. 9 oz. son from that "sinus infection"!
LOL

Leslie (young and ignorant back then!)

So Leslie, was he right that you "couldn't ever get pregnant by a military
OB/GYN"? ROFL - Had to tease you. That was too funny.
What a wonderful sinus infection! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.
--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Treasure your Mind, Cherish your Reason, Hold to your Purpose
Epictetus (52 c.e - 135 c.e.)

Old February 20th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

C&S wrote:

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...

-----------------8-------------------------------------------------------
And I had been told I probably couldn't ever get pregnant by a military
OB/GYN! I had a healthy 8 lb. 9 oz. son from that "sinus infection"!
LOL

Leslie (young and ignorant back then!)

So Leslie, was he right that you "couldn't ever get pregnant by a military
OB/GYN"? ROFL - Had to tease you. That was too funny.
What a wonderful sinus infection! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.

Reminds me of something a friend used to say: when you get pregnant,
your nose turns into a dripping tap and your brains drain out! Don't
expect then to re-grow until after the youngest leaves uni and gets a job!

I once asked my mum how long it took to recover from pregnancy: about 25
years was her straight faced reply.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 20th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks for all the stories! I guess there is certainly a good
possibility that she just didn't know. The mom is on the heavier side.
In the long run I guess it really doesn't matter! There IS a new baby
coming, which means I have one more I can love and cuddle.
I know being a single mom can't be easy. It's too bad they are living
so far away from us that I can't be helpful in a practical way, but I
am available to her by phone and she has always felt comfortable
phoning when she needs to talk. She does have some good support in her
own family, so that is good.
She is doing pretty well at raising DGS. He is a friendly, happy little
soul, very busy, but has learned all the manners that you would expect
from a 4 year old. So, I'm sure she will do her best with babe #2.
Yay! I get to be grama again! That will put the count at 22 this
spring!
Marilyn
Alberta, Canada

Old February 20th 06, 09:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

marigold wrote:
Any one know someone who did not know they were pregnant till 8 months
or farther along?

Of course this is far from usual, but it really happens...
Once I have seen a woman who came to the emergency unit of the hospital
becauxe of severe 'stomach aches'. A few hours later, she gave birth to
a 'full grown' baby, and she hadn't realised she was pregnant...

Ann (MD ;-) )
Old February 20th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Marilyn: The medical issues I will leave to others to debate. I
want to congratulate you & your DH for your open hearted
acceptance of this new baby into your hearts and family. You are
Real Life Heroes!! With all the issues of ex partners, absent
daddies, and so on, the loyalty and love you and your DH will
give this child will be a real anchor in her life. Since this
baby will be sibling to your own GS, it will be a positive impact
on your GS too. If your family adults object, tell them that. And
tell them to MYOB. Hugs all around.
PAT in VA/USA

marigold wrote:

Any one know someone who did not know they were pregnant till 8 months
or farther along?
I just got a phone call from our 4 year old grandsons mother letting us
know she is pregnant and has to move..

....cut...
In my world babies are always a blessing (sometimes in disguise). I
have chosen to accept her story as told and offer what support I can,
but I can't help but wonder if she just didn't want her ex and his
family to know about this baby.
DS (her ex) and his new significant other are the parents of DGS to be
- also due in March!

My other question is since this is our DGS's baby brother or sister is
it ok to consider ourselves grandparents to this one too? I think it
would make our visits with DGS less confusing. I'm sure Mom would be
more than ok with it and DH and I have no problems with the idea. ...I
guess I just answered my own question. The only objections would come
from DS & his SO(maybe/probably) and possibly other children that
already think we are bonkers.
Since we will only see this baby once or twice a year because of the
distance, I don't think we will be accused of spending too much time
with this one and not with the biological grandbabies.

....cut...
Old February 20th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

1. She's lyin' about not knowing.
2. She's got the best case denial goin' I ever have seen.

LOL!!

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"marigold" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any one know someone who did not know they were pregnant till 8 months
or farther along?
I just got a phone call from our 4 year old grandsons mother letting us
know she is pregnant and has to move. Her and DS split up almost 2
years ago, but we stay in touch with her so that we can still see DGS.
They live 6 hours away so we have not actually seen them for some time.
Her story is that she hadn't been feeling quite right for sometime, Dr
was testing for thyroid and other possible problems. About 2-3 weeks
ago she started feeling movement like feelings, which made her wonder
about pregnancy but she just kind of pooh poohed the idea and her
mother passed it off a gas related.
She hasn't had a boyfriend (not DS) for sometime now, but insists she
was on birth control while they were together. At her last Dr's
appointment she mentioned the movement and Dr checked and confirmed
that YES she is pregnant!
As near as they can figure the baby should be here about the end of
March.
I guess I'm sort of amazed! I can't imagine not knowing for that long.
She claims she has not gained any weight and is still wearing the same
jeans she was 8 months ago. DH and I have been sworn to secrecy as she
hasn't told many people yet, so I can't discuss this with any of the
family.
I know I've heard of women that have actually given birth without
knowing they were pregnant, but always wondered if it was just a story
made up cause the woman didn't want anyone to know.
[...]

Well, thanks for letting me ramble. Putting thoughts into words helps
to clarify things sometime.

Old February 20th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What's the difference between a bio and step grandchild but DNA. The heart
doesn't know. Our Kelli is from my DSIL's previous marriage but believe you
me - she is MY DGD!

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
I can just barely imagine not realizing if it's a first baby and the mother
is possibly quite a bit overweight anyway (that's the only reason I can
think of for being able to wear the same clothes when she's 8 months
along!) But not realizing when it's the 2nd time? That just pushes
skepticism a little too much!
As for being a granny to your DGS's younger sibling, go right ahead! Every
baby needs a granny.
Roberta in D

oups.com...

Old February 20th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Nope! Both of mine kicked the slats out of me from about the 5th month on.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Kate G." wrote in message
I know that there are women that continue to have monthly cycles...
although a little unusual -- they still have them. And depending upon
how you carry the baby -- how much weight you gain... the width of your
hips... I can believe it could happen without knowing. Although I
distinctly remember the KICKING from the inside! How could they not feel
that... did any of you have really "lazy" babies.... didn't move much at
all before birth?

Kate in MI

Mom to 3 boys... who definitely wanted out to play!

oups.com...