Whose due?

Old January 6th 06, 11:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Whose due?

Well, it's a strange situation. Susan (our doggie trainer) has a
rescued Newfy about a year old. She was training him as an assistance
dog, but it turns out that he's afraid of men and kinda spooky and shy
and she can't break him of it. Obviously, that's not acceptable for an
assistance dog. Otherwise, he's very intelligent, willing, gentle and
loving. Susan is worried he'll play too roughly with Simon- Simon has
delicate hips from both heredity and malnutrition in his youth.
(That's before we got him, of course.) Daisy is afraid of the Newfy,
too. So, we need to make sure he's right for us and The HairyButt
Gang. My DDH wants him very much, so we're starting the process of
seeing if he'll work out, accept us both and how Daisy does with him on
her home turf- our dogs only know him from boarding with Susan. We
have all appendages crossed that it will work out, but we'll just have
to see how it goes.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Sharon Harper wrote:
Oh you missed my point totally! LOL - you are gonna be a mommy - to from
the sounds of it one huge hairy butted boy or girl. When's the little four
footed munchkin arriving???

quicker)

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
Lordy, Sharon, what a scary thought!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie (feeling extremely faint..... Altho I would prolly make medical
history if I was "fragrant"- with a tubal ligation and hysterectomy
plus a vasectomy on his side! LMAO!!!) & The Furbabies in MO. (hoping
to add a young Newfoundland to the gang soon!)

Sharon Harper wrote:
So you are due too Leslie???

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (duckin' and a
runnin')
quicker)

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
Me, me, me!!! I have four granddarlings already and will add two more
this year- a 50% increase! vbg My DS#2 and DDIL with have a little
boy soon- due Feb. 4. He's Nicholas Eugene.... and very impatient to
be born. We've had a scare with gestational diabetes- controlled by
diet- and a few bleeding episodes with regular contractions. My DDIL
is on bed rest or to stay sitting down. That's pretty tough with a

two
year old in the family!

My Hunky Mr. Collins' daughter is due July 17. Don't know what sex
yet, but names have been chosen already.

This granny stuff is sooooooooo fun!!! Quilts in the works!

Grandma Leslie & The HairyButt Aunts and Uncle (soon, we hope, to add
another HairyButt to the Gang- stand by for an update on that, too!)

Old January 6th 06, 11:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Not me, I did my bit last year by producing a daughter. We are thinking of
having a third though, so this time next year the answer might be different.
Morag

"AliceW" wrote in message
Ok, it's time to take the survey again - who is preggers in 2006?

It can be yourself or a family member.
When is the due date?
Do you know what the sex of the baby is? Twins? Triplets?
Are you making a quilt?
Bonus points for revealing the name choices.
Extra bonus points for the first RCTQ baby of the year!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

Old January 6th 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

AliceW wrote:
Ok, it's time to take the survey again - who is preggers in 2006?

It can be yourself or a family member.
When is the due date?
Do you know what the sex of the baby is? Twins? Triplets?
Are you making a quilt?
Bonus points for revealing the name choices.
Extra bonus points for the first RCTQ baby of the year!

My sister-in-law is expecting- due in April or March. It'll be a girl
and they want to call her Arianna. I've forgotten the middle name. I'm
making a quilt. It's in the waiting to sandwich and quilt stage.

My German friend and his wife are expecting. The babe is due in July,
and will likely have a Michelle/Michael variant for a name, since that's
Jan's middle name and her name is Michelle. It's too soon to have a
gender known. I'll be making them a dragon quilt.

-georg
Old January 6th 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My wedding day too! Coming up for 36 years.
Roberta in D

"Kate Dicey" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Laurie G. wrote:

Hey, July 17th is MY birthday. Great day to be born!!!!!

Shared by my aunt and bro. Also my wedding day! A great day all
round.

No infants or grands due here. We're all finished having our own, and not
about to start on the next generation for a good few years yet!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old January 6th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Another "Polly" would be nice!

WoW! I think that's the first "great" that been reported, not that all
babies aren't great, well, you know what I mean........

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
"Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
: I was surprised that DD was learning everything the Viking we gave her
: could do - not just the straight stitch and zig but she's really on it.
It
: turns out they're expecting a grandchild in '06 and she wants to learn
: heirloom sewing and quilting. So !, we're expecting a great-grandchild
this
: year. I was so busy trying to guide her with temporary memory and default
: settings and such (and I am not a Viking person) I didn't even think to
ask
: for baby plans. You can bet your boots this precious baby won't be named
: "Katrina".
:
:

Old January 6th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What a wonderful story! You must have one heck of a large score card on
your wall to keep them all straight. Good for all of you!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
"Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack

"marigold" wrote in message
oups.com...
: Well, I need to get in on this one! 2006 we have a boy due Mar 15 and
: a girl due Mar 29. the proposed names are James and Sarah.
: When I got married (again) 2.5 years ago, I gained my new DH's 8
: grandchildren.I already had 5. In the year we were married (2003),
: between us we had 5 grandchildren born, (Mar,Jun, Aug, Aug, Sept) there
: were 2 the year before we got married, and 1 in 2004. How's that for
: the most grandchildren in a short time period?
: 2005 we had a son blend his family with a woman with 2 little ones, so
: that took our total grandchildren up to 19. This spring we will be up
: to 21. 11 girls 10 boys. The oldest grandchild is now 13. We have 1
: daughter that says her and hubby are working on it. Only half of our 16
: children have children so who knows what the final total will be!
: Am I making quilts???? Well I certainly hope to. I'm not making any
: promises to anyone at this point. We also have two children getting
: married this coming summer that I would like to do wedding quilts for.
: Time for sewing is in short supply around here these days.
:
: Marilyn in (is this really winter???) Alberta, Canada
:

Old January 6th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hows your little one doing? I had a boy not long before you had yours.
After 10 weeks of sleeping through the night he's decided to start
waking up - it was every hour over Christmas! I'm exhausted.

Sarah
Old January 6th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Alice:
I love to hear of the anticipated babies, but like some
surprises!! Like: name, gender, weight. Plus, I don't want to
know birthing style, scars, labor, ultrasound pictures!! Yep, I
must be old fashioned. I don't need to know personal medical
details, and I love a surprise. LOL. Best wishes to the expected
babies and the lucky families.
PAT in VA/USA

Old January 6th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My DDIL & DS are expecting in June! I am still so excited for them. My DS
wants to know the sex but DDIL wants the surprise. In my gut I feel it is a
boy. DS is crazy about the old TV show Bonanza and they have been calling
the baby "Little Joe" (better than Hop Sing or Hoss). The official name if
it is a boy will be Joseph Daniel (DS is Joshua David). DDIL feels great and
is about 18 weeks along. She felt the baby move last week and has a little
belly starting. Did I tell you I was excited? Quilt in the planning stages
already. They want to do the room in Dr. Suess, Cat in the Hat. I have
already embroidered the CITH on a craft apron (photo to be posted)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frame242/my_photos
--
Linda in Tx