What did Santa bring?

Old December 27th 05, 07:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Pellet stove ( What did Santa bring?)

thanks for the info Julia! I guess we live in a different world here in
the west coast!

Julia in MN wrote:

DrQuilter wrote:

not really sure what a pellet or a pellet stove is

A pellet stove burns wood pellets manufactured from scrap wood. Many of
them also burn corn. With the low corn prices and the high price of
fuel, a lot of people here in the corn belt of the US are installing
corn burning stoves. The few companies that make them are having trouble
keeping up with the demand. Google pellet stove or corn stove for more
info.

Julia in MN

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old December 27th 05, 07:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT pellet stoves, was What did Santa bring?

makes sense and sounds like you are saving money (how much was the
installation/cost? I am asking all these questions because our oil
burner is pretty old and we might have to replace it in the near future,
and gas doesn't sound so appealing any more - and I truly had never
heard of these things - then again I am a brand new homeowner and I
never paid attention either! :0).

I think we paid 500 for 258 gallons (not 150) which was half a
tank.....that is why I was confused!

IMS wrote:

Based on those prices, out 100-125 gal of oil and a ton of pellets
that's about what the savings is.

I could do up an example if you like

Gotta say the pile of pellets in the basement makes me warm just looking
at them.

-Irene

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:21:49 -0800, DrQuilter

Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old December 27th 05, 08:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?

Santa brought me a Flynn quilt frame!!!

Can't wait to try it out.

Don't think it will work with really thick batting (cloud loft by
Mountain mist), but I will let you know.

Claudia (who is grinning from ear to ear)

Old December 27th 05, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Jan, Well to load the software was OK, but I had to actually sit and pay
attention to get the files where they needed to go. Once I got it all
sorted out it was a snap. The sound is great and since I still want to keep
my hearing, I only put it on 12 or 13 for the volume. I can still hear
everything going on. DH kept laughing at me because I was singing along to
"Beatles A Hard Day's Night". He said I didn't realize how loud I was
singing. The one he bought was a Samsung YH820 (NAYY), 8 hours playtime and
a 3 hours charge up with a 5GB HD.

Linda in Tx

Old December 27th 05, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"nana2b" wrote:

After lighting our candles and saying the prayers, DH and I exchanged gifts.
My DH got me a MP3 player. Today I figured out how to load it and was
happily singing along to my favorite music. I got DH lovely dark green
slacks, a casual shirt (like Kramer wears on Seinfeld), handkerchiefs
monogramed by my Bernie and a handy dandy vacuum to keep his pickup nice and
clean. Later in the week we will have a Chanukah dinner (complete with
homemade Latkes) with the kids.

All in all a wonderful day. Linda in Tx

Wonderful, Linda! DH-Santa brought me a player (iPod), though he gave it
to me early -- he'll do anything to get out of having to wrap a gift.
I'm really enjoying listening to my music and to podcasts!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old December 27th 05, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My natural gas runs an average of $59/month during the winter months and
less than $15 during the warm months. It's way cheaper than oil, propane or
wood.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old December 27th 05, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Santa brought uglies

That's the federal holiday. If a non-Monday-only holiday falls on a Saturday,
the federal day off is on Friday. If said holiday falls on a Sunday, then the
federal day off is Monday. So that's why banks and the PO were closed
yesterday...

Cappy

"Butterfly" wrote in message
Wanna trade one yard of YOUR ugly for one yard of mine? No, I will NOT go to
the LQS and buy something just to trade...I have 7 yards of this and I did
not buy it.

Butterfly (remember NO mail goes out tomorrow. I didn't know the PO
celebrated "Boxing Day" in the US.....)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have 20 one-yard pieces of the ugliest fabric ever printed. I don't even
think Jill Pochik would want them for house-breaking puppies. The word
"gross" is lame to describe this bouquet. Polly

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
The week before Christmas, we traded in my 2 wheel drive pick-up truck
and treated ourselves to The Beast- a big Dodge 4 door 4 wheel drive
pick-up truck. It's burgundy and has a HUGE hemi-magnum engine...
horrible gas mileage, but man does it growl nicely and it rides like a
dream! (My poor arthritic joints really appreciate that!) And I was
so touched... at 55 y.o. and a couple of marriages behind me My Hunky
Mr. Collins gave me a birthstone (dark blue sapphire) ring and necklace
with (petite) diamonds and matching birthstone post earrings- the FIRST
jewelry I have ever received from a man other than a wedding ring! He
also gave me a box of chocolates, a burgundy colored compact umbrella
to keep in The Beast, a lighted fishing bobber (for night fishing- I
usually have to shine a flashlight out on the lake to see if I'm
getting a nibble!) and a snazzy bookmarker- I tend to use rubber bands
or pieces of paper. vbg DDS#1 gave me a book- Quilter's Computer
Companion. Now I can try to learn to design with my computer rather
than graph paper and colored pencils. DDS#2 and DDIL bought us a laser
level. I see several of us received them- how do they apply to
quilting??? His DD#1 and DSIL gave me a pretty basket filled with
goodies- shower gel, small quilting supplies, some lovely candies and 4
FQs. My parents gave us a set of sheets- yummy 550 thread count, but
they are the size for the guest room bed... I didn't say anything as it
would have upset mom that she bought queen instead of king. Oh well...
the guest room needs sheets, too. ;-) And my dearest Big Sis (you
know her as Pat on her hill) sent us a marvelous "document" with the
Collins coat-of-arms and family history. What an amazing, fascinating
gift!

We had all our children and spouses and the granddarlings that live
around here for dinner yesterday and had a wonderful time. I think
this was my best Christmas ever- and that's not even including the
gifts and truck!

Leslie (so happy!) & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 27th 05, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

DH bought me noise-cancelling headphones to use with my iPod last year, but
I made him return them. I figured that I ought to be able to hear calls for
help or breaking things while jammin' to my music!

I use the little ear bud things that fit in my ears, but when the kids are
home I usually only put one in my ear so I can hear them better, and so I
don't yell when I'm talking to them. Not that I never yell at them, but
sometimes I really just want to talk!

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

"Jan" wrote in message
. 125.201...
"nana2b" wrote in
:

After lighting our candles and saying the prayers, DH and I exchanged
gifts. My DH got me a MP3 player. Today I figured out how to load it
and was happily singing along to my favorite music. I got DH lovely
dark green slacks, a casual shirt (like Kramer wears on Seinfeld),
handkerchiefs monogramed by my Bernie and a handy dandy vacuum to keep
his pickup nice and clean. Later in the week we will have a Chanukah
dinner (complete with homemade Latkes) with the kids.

All in all a wonderful day. Linda in Tx

Wonderful!! Now just because inquiring minds want to know... how easy was
the MP3 player to use? And can you hear the other "noises" in the house
or
does it drown out everything else??? :-)

Jan