Frapper

Old November 16th 05, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Frapper

Well, try it with the (United Kingdom). That was all I needed to get it
on. I'm pretty sure Sittingbourne is larger than B'north.
..
In message , Kate
Dicey writes
Patti wrote:

Did you put 'England, (United Kingdom)' Kate?
It seems to prefer that designation.
I got in on Bridgnorth after I had put it that way. Before that it
wouldn't even take Shrewsbury.

I just typed in Sittingbourne... It then popped up 'Sittingbourne,
England', but when I hit the enter button it rejected me!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 17th 05, 01:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

If you make the map big, it shows the names of more places. (if you
make it so that you can see 6 'rungs of the ladder' towards the + on
the slidey tool).

If you click on the appropriate name it will show the name and
England, UK in blue. Click on this and hey presto - or thats what
worked for me.) (Looking back, I think I clicked on the name, didn't
type it in, or did I! no sure I just clicked on the appropriate name)
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:32:33 +0000, Kate Dicey
wrote:

nzlstar* wrote:

http://www.frappr.com/rctq
hurry up girl!!!
jeanne

Grump!
It keeps telling me I have an 'invalid city'! I did enter Sittingbourne
rather than the village name, but it doesn't like me!
Grump off

Old November 17th 05, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

a new group map there now tho it doesnt show in the directory.
only 6 on it now, hmmmmm.
this is interesting.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old November 17th 05, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My 'pop up' was Aldeburgh, England (United Kingdom). Perhaps it needs
both. Sittingbourne is on their map.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 18:04:19 +0000, Patti
wrote:

Well, try it with the (United Kingdom). That was all I needed to get it
on. I'm pretty sure Sittingbourne is larger than B'north.
.
In message , Kate
Dicey writes

Old November 17th 05, 04:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ok. I haven't been keeping up with the Frapper notes, so maybe I'm missing
something. But I don't see much point to this map. I think maybe I don't
know how to use it. I thought you'd be able to zoom in and see a tag where
someone is. When I click on my name, it says where I am, but puts my label
way up in Quebec. Now I love it in Quebec, but I'm in NH.

I saw a note here where someone said it showed them living 2 miles from
where they really are. How can you tell?
--
LN in NH (Who has been beading more than quilting in the last 2 years)

"Roberta" wrote in message
well I added myself...sure did think I added myself in the right place...I
am about hmmm a mile off. Guess that's ok since I really don't want to
give away exactly where the stash is

Roberta (in VA)

Old November 17th 05, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

LN (remove NOSPAM) wrote:
Ok. I haven't been keeping up with the Frapper notes, so maybe I'm missing
something. But I don't see much point to this map. I think maybe I don't
know how to use it. I thought you'd be able to zoom in and see a tag where
someone is. When I click on my name, it says where I am, but puts my label
way up in Quebec. Now I love it in Quebec, but I'm in NH.

I saw a note here where someone said it showed them living 2 miles from
where they really are. How can you tell?

I think my tag puts me about a mile north of where I really am. But all
I put in was my city, and I think that where the tag is is the geo
center of the town.

liz young in cool (rescue) california
Old November 17th 05, 05:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

hey LN,
i am zoomed in about half way up the slider.
shows you about half way between Manchester and Nashua.
if i go closer i expect to see you waving FQs with abandon from the front
porch.
then i'll know exactly which is your house.
hugz,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
http://community.webshots.com/user/VirtualQuilting

"LN wrote...

Old November 17th 05, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
Ok. I haven't been keeping up with the Frapper notes, so maybe I'm missing
something. But I don't see much point to this map. I think maybe I don't
know how to use it. I thought you'd be able to zoom in and see a tag where
someone is. When I click on my name, it says where I am, but puts my label
way up in Quebec. Now I love it in Quebec, but I'm in NH.

I saw a note here where someone said it showed them living 2 miles from
where they really are. How can you tell?
--
LN in NH (Who has been beading more than quilting in the last 2 years)

Putting in my zip code gives Gouldsboro, PA, which is where the post office
is. But I actually live in Thornhurst, which is about 12 miles away. Do I
get the prize for the best hidden stash?

Iris

Old November 17th 05, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

LN, its not really a "pin point" map, even though there are pins in it.
The pin that shows is the center of the zip code you enter. The balloon
with words and maybe a picture shoots up to the right from the pin and
shoots up more or less depending on how big the picture and how long the
shout out. Think of this more as a way to organize S.E.X or meet-ups,
rather than stash raids :-)

I just checked and there are 202 people pinned as of 6:50 am PST. It is
possible that some are non-rctq'rs who sneaked in before I made the map
private (like Sergio in SF with his photo of the rapid transit train),
but I think most are actual rctq members and I think its neat to see who
lives where. I'm a visual learner and just hearing the name of a state
or country isn't as "real" as seeing a map. JMHO.

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

Old November 17th 05, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"I just checked and there are 202 people pinned as of 6:50 am PST. It
is possible that some are non-rctq'rs who sneaked in before I made the
map private (like Sergio in SF with his photo of the rapid transit
train),"

Yeh, well yah still got one cornfused fly fisherman in there. :-)
Anne, I just want to thank you for taking this over. How much quilting
time could you be getting in if you weren't doing such a wonderful job
administrating this thing? I'm sure it will slow down in time. Again,
great job.
Frank Reid