off topic----Outlook Express help needed

Old October 28th 05, 01:21 AM
nzlstar*

Default off topic----Outlook Express help needed

i need to send a bunch of jpg files in email with Outlook Express.
every time i attach with paperclip icon, the pix shows at bottom of msg
body, not just an attached file.
this is making the email huuuuuuuge.
i got a lot of files to send today and need to know how to do it so they are
just a file attached so they click to open.
hope thats clear, all ideas/help welcome.
hugz,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old October 28th 05, 01:37 AM
Anne in CA

method 1 -- send each jpg in a separate email?
method 2 -- post the jpgs online somewhere and direct recipient to the
url to download?

Is it actually attaching twice? I think showing at the bottom of the
message ("view attachments in line") is just a different view. Check
your *help* files for attachments or attachments in line. If I come up
with any other thoughts I'll holler.

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3

Old October 28th 05, 01:52 AM
nzlstar*

thanks anne, checking all that now.
these are legal documents, i dont want them to go online anywhere.
i got too many to send each one separately and to both nieces. eeeeeeeeek.
hugz,
jeannne

Old October 28th 05, 01:55 AM
nzlstar*

tried insert/pix but it still shows in the body of msg.
making the email huge.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaa, has to be a way to do this.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"nzlstar*" wrote...

Old October 28th 05, 02:06 AM
Charlotte Hippen

I don't see why having it in the message vs. having it attached changes the
size that much, but then I'm not a "computer geek". With that said are you
sending it as an html format or a text format message. Using the text
format will not show them in the body of the message. Don't know if the
preferences for the recipient makes a difference on the other end.

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old October 28th 05, 02:07 AM
maryd

Insert pic is putting the jpg in the body of the email. Insert file
attachment attaches the jpg to the email. What's the size of the jpg?

--
Mary

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
: tried insert/pix but it still shows in the body of msg.
: making the email huge.
: waaaaaaaaaaaaaa, has to be a way to do this.
: jeanne
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
:
: "nzlstar*" wrote...
: thanks anne, checking all that now.
: these are legal documents, i dont want them to go online anywhere.
: i got too many to send each one separately and to both nieces.
eeeeeeeeek.
: hugz,
: jeannne
:
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
: ...

Old October 28th 05, 02:09 AM
nzlstar*

i'll give it a try, tho these are jpg files of text documents i scanned.
hope this works.
thanks charlotte.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Charlotte Hippen" wrote...

Old October 28th 05, 02:40 AM
nzlstar*

jpg i am using to test diff things here is 890kb. when i do any of the
suggestions so far, the email ends up as1189kb and always shows in the body
of msg. i thot i tried everything. waaaaaaaa.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"maryd" wrote...

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
: tried insert/pix but it still shows in the body of msg.
: making the email huge.
: waaaaaaaaaaaaaa, has to be a way to do this.
: jeanne
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
:
: "nzlstar*" wrote...
: thanks anne, checking all that now.
: these are legal documents, i dont want them to go online anywhere.
: i got too many to send each one separately and to both nieces.
eeeeeeeeek.
: hugz,
: jeannne
:
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
: ...

Old October 28th 05, 03:09 AM
maryd

The format, etc will enlarge the total size of the email but not that much.
You are doing this in plain text, right?! That will reduce KBs. Do you
have a zip program? Oh, what are the pixel dimensions of the scanned
document? Can you resize it to make it smaller and still readable?
Mary
"nzlstar*" wrote in message
: jpg i am using to test diff things here is 890kb. when i do any of the
: suggestions so far, the email ends up as1189kb and always shows in the
body
: of msg. i thot i tried everything. waaaaaaaa.
: jeanne
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
:
: "maryd" wrote...
: Insert pic is putting the jpg in the body of the email. Insert file
: attachment attaches the jpg to the email. What's the size of the jpg?
:
: --
: Mary
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
:
: "nzlstar*" wrote in message
: ...
: : tried insert/pix but it still shows in the body of msg.
: : making the email huge.
: : waaaaaaaaaaaaaa, has to be a way to do this.
: : jeanne
: : --
: : san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: : nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: : http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
: :
: : "nzlstar*" wrote...
: : thanks anne, checking all that now.
: : these are legal documents, i dont want them to go online anywhere.
: : i got too many to send each one separately and to both nieces.
: eeeeeeeeek.
: : hugz,
: : jeannne
: :
: : --
: : san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: : nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: : http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
: : ...

Old October 28th 05, 04:50 AM
Cappy

How big is the email without the attachment? Start the email and instead of
sending it click on file/save. This puts the email in your drafts folder. You
can then go to that folder, right click on the mail and see how big it is before
you add the jpg.

If you've written a long letter, and are sending it to a number of people at one
time (this increases the size of the header), then the numbers could be right...

Cappy
Edgewater, MD

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
: tried insert/pix but it still shows in the body of msg.
: making the email huge.
: waaaaaaaaaaaaaa, has to be a way to do this.
: jeanne
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
:
: "nzlstar*" wrote...
: thanks anne, checking all that now.
: these are legal documents, i dont want them to go online anywhere.
: i got too many to send each one separately and to both nieces.
eeeeeeeeek.
: hugz,
: jeannne
:
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
: ...
: nzlstar* wrote:
: i need to send a bunch of jpg files in email with Outlook Express.
: every time i attach with paperclip icon, the pix shows at bottom of
msg
: body, not just an attached file.
: this is making the email huuuuuuuge.
: i got a lot of files to send today and need to know how to do it so
they
: are just a file attached so they click to open.
: hope thats clear, all ideas/help welcome.
: hugz,
: jeanne
:
:
:
:
:

OT outlook help needed Karlee in Kansas Quilting 6 April 1st 04 04:47 AM
using Outlook Express to read group KJ Quilting 6 February 1st 04 06:34 PM
Outlook Express help KJ Quilting 11 December 19th 03 03:08 AM
Outlook Express question Queen of Squishies Quilting 2 August 5th 03 06:55 PM