Soul food

Old September 29th 05, 11:48 PM
Marcella Peek

In article 7jY_e.10033$GK2.2588@lakeread07,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

Hello Carole,

Sorry Charlie, uh Carole, I hold the title Official Chocolate
Taster for RCTQ ... and intend to keep it. Yes, I do!! It is a
Life time appointment ... rather Dictator for Life style! LOL!!

Your post gives me opportunity to remind readers that with the
start of Autumn, the weather is again cool enough to send
chocolate to Virginia. So, just pack up a pound or two of the
stuff you've been holding in reserve and send to my Palace here
in Virginia. Reports will be posted on this NG when I get a round
to it.

PAT in VA/USA

If you're going to keep the title, then I think you need to visit in
October. The church down the road has a Chocolate Festival. They give
you a three and a half hour time slot and you go into their activity
room at the appointed time. The room has tables set up along all the
walls and chocolate from all sorts of shops is out for the eating -
candy, cookies, ice cream, chocolate bars, chocolate milk..... You eat
until you are sick or until your time has ended. They usually have a
raffle and the last time I was there they had enough prizes that
everyone got one. There is also lots of coffee and ice water to wash it
all down.

Wanna come?

http://www.uccbelmont.org/events.htm

marcella
Old September 29th 05, 11:54 PM
C & S

Sounds wonderful!

Carole (although I have eaten a nice juice Hamburger from the grill, is now
becoming hungry again)
Champlain, NY

"Johanna Gibson" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:03:47 -0400, "C & S"

Red and orange hands
from the soup I'm preparing
remind me of the fabric I've been sharing...
of cheeky pumpkin grins,
of wind-chilled faces;
it's that time of year again.

I'm making homemade vegetable soup with (among other things) beet
root and carrots. So pretty.

-- Jo in Scotland

Old September 29th 05, 11:57 PM
C & S

Ditto! lol

Carole
Champlain, NY

"Patti" wrote in message
Incorrigible! That's the only word.
.

Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old September 30th 05, 12:27 AM
nzlstar*

ooh ooh, do they do this every year?
i'd come for that, even tho i dont eat that much chocolate itself.
i do love choc ice cream and cookies....
oh wait, that will play havoc with my cholesterol.
well sounded good at the time.
what else ya got in the area for fun stuff in oct?
oh oh, when was/is PIQF? thats around that time, eh.
yes i might just add that to the next agenda (going to houston for the
'really big shoe') hopefully in 2006 unless something gets in my way.
jeanne
the garlic and zucchini festivals in gilroy area sound like fun tho....too
far away from oct i think tho
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Marcella Peek" wrote...

Old September 30th 05, 12:29 AM
Kate Dicey

C & S wrote:

I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite "pick me up food" is. Myself, I
love dark chocolate. I have a secret stash (which is not so secret anymore)
of Dove Dark chocolate (goes well with a latte). I'd also like to know when
the "Queen of Chocolate" on this ng will relinquish her title so that I can
become the official chocolate taster. Perhaps I could self appoint myself
"Princess of dark chocolate".

My home-made chicken soup with leeks and swede
Home made bread!
James's Birthday cake (recipe on website - and I just made TWO! One for
school tomorrow, and one for scout camp as he's away for his birthday!)
Mum's mince and potatoes!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 30th 05, 01:13 AM
Marcella Peek

Conveniently enough the chocolate festival and PIQF are the very same
weekend this year. How's that for fun, quilt things during the day,
chocolate in the evening to get your energy back for the next day of
quilt show.

The garlic festival is very tasty but is the last full week of July.

I know there's a mushroom festival in Morgan Hill, and asparagus in
Stockton but I've not heard about a zucchini festival.

marcella

Old September 30th 05, 01:21 AM
nzlstar*

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=ut...chini+festival

how come calif gets all the best food festivals, waaaaaaaaaaa.
i'd have to move back there to get to all of them.
not sure setting up a new place to live is what i fancy doing tho.
i got enough on my plate here now.
if only.....
jeanne

Old September 30th 05, 01:22 AM
Sandy Foster

Pat in Virginia wrote:

[...]

drool
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old September 30th 05, 01:30 AM
C & S

Kate, I peeked at your web site. Nice costumes! DD wants to be Hermione
for Halloween. I haven't a clue how to make her costume. I figure a
graduation gown would work in black with a crest (haven't found that
either). I've looked for patterns at Johanns and found nada. Perhaps you
could enlighten me. Thanks

Carole
Champlain, NY

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
C & S wrote:

[...]

Mexican Food in New England meijhana Beads 7 August 15th 04 06:50 AM
dyeing with food colouring Els van Dam Yarn 14 July 1st 04 07:17 PM
no food by mail? JL Amerson Beads 84 January 30th 04 06:44 AM
Food beads revisited Jalynne Beads 22 September 8th 03 05:21 PM
hummingbird food/ liquuid recipe Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 30 August 27th 03 01:40 AM