Big foot

Old July 28th 05, 07:57 PM
Debra

Default Big foot

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:19:17 +0100, S R Glickman
wrote:

Can anyone tell me if it's worth buying this foot for free machining?

I have a Brother NX400 which came with a darning foot - is this one
any better?

Thanks

Susan

I think that depends a lot on the user. Some people don't like the
Big Foot and some have even broken it somehow while trying to use it.
Others, like my Mom, love it and hate the smaller darning foot that
comes with machines. Mom couldn't get the hang of using the little
darning foot no matter how long she tried. She got a Big Foot and
loves it.
Debra in VA
Old July 28th 05, 07:59 PM
Estelle Gallagher

I have a generic big foot attachment and I use it on my husqvarna lily.We
both like it very much and don't often use normal darning foot Estelle uk

--

Please remove the 'x' to reply

Old July 28th 05, 08:19 PM
Polly Esther

Debra is absolutely right, it just depends on the user. I killed two of them
before deciding that I could learn to use the little metal foot. One of
mine is shaped rather like a horse shoe and the other just a little circle
at the base. My neighbor who's learning to quilt (yes, I taught a gator the
love of quilting) can't seem to get along well with the horse shoe and will
only use the circle. Polly

"Debra" wrote

Old July 29th 05, 12:21 AM
frood

I use my walking foot for straight-line quilting, but not for free motion. I
like this method alot. I have a fancy "quilting" foot for my fancy modern
machine, but I prefer the basic darning foot and my old Singer 15-125.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Old July 29th 05, 10:17 PM
Debra

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:14:22 +0100, S R Glickman wrote:

I've heard from a few people now that they break easily - not a good
recommendation!

I'm not sure how they are getting broken. Mom has quilted two quilts
using it and hers is still fine. I wonder if people who are used to
the smaller darning foot are breaking the Big Foot by getting their
fingers, safety pins, or anything else under it while quilting.
Debra in VA
Old July 30th 05, 01:32 AM
nnaoj5

You Guys should have told me these things when I asked on July 21st! I
called customer service at Nancy's Notions & the nicest lady was kind enough
to alay my fears! She is a free motion kinda gal! I have since been using
mine....So far, so good!! I am not where I want to be yet, but I am on my
way:-)

Jo Ann in MD.

. ..

1/4 foot like the Janome rlgg Quilting 4 May 3rd 04 10:21 AM
Walking Foot Karlee in Kansas Quilting 1 December 13th 03 10:38 PM
Broken Foot Christina in Ok Quilting 12 October 29th 03 04:09 PM
A walk(ing foot) in the park KittyG Quilting 18 October 21st 03 06:35 PM