ok - the story

Old July 15th 05, 10:09 PM
Patti

Can I offer you some cyber choccie, Karen?
That's all we can do now. How can 'they' ban chocolate and such like
goodies from being accepted? Grrrr.
..
In message sNUBe.177871$xm3.83448@attbi_s21, Queen of Squishies
writes
I think some chocolate would make me and Gen feel better. Yes, in fact I
know it would.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 15th 05, 10:41 PM
Sandy Foster

In article m8VBe.177889$xm3.20382@attbi_s21,
"Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote:

No, I know you guys don't blame me in the least. Everyone is wonderful!
And I can see that this was really unavoidable in retrospect. No one
suspected anything until it was too late. Won't stop me from being involved
again.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I'm so glad to hear that, Karen. Of *course* no one blames you or anyone
else here -- it wasn't anyone's fault that she suckered us. And of
course we'll continue making Hug blocks and quilts -- we wouldn't be
RCTQers, otherwise.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old July 15th 05, 10:49 PM
Sharon Harper

You are joking aren't you? Are you saying what I think? Ooooooh
(((((shaking head in amazement))))))))) the poor woman, you can't help but
feel sorry for her.

quicker)

"Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
I have been pursuaded to make this public for the good of all. I didn't
feel too good about it, because I was the main instrument, but heck, it
wasn't my fault. I'm just too nice. : )

I got an email, and a follow-up phone conversation, from someone who was
around 5 years ago. This woman 'NanaV' pulled the same thing back then.
But when the Hug quilt was delivered, and she was visited in person by an
RCTQ'r from out of the country no less, her husband didn't know anything

at
all about her "bad" health situation. The name was different, and the
health situation was slightly different, as well as the added family
problems this time. When she was exposed five years ago, she threatened

be back, and to be so good at it that we would never know. She did.

There are some current RCTQ'rs of long-standing who can help me explain

and
verify this story if there are any more questions. She has a Hug
quilt........ but we have a life! sheesh.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 15th 05, 11:01 PM
Queen of Squishies

Now from you I was hoping for some of those cookie things that I devour
voraciously but can't remember the name of right now!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

TimTams!!

Old July 15th 05, 11:30 PM
Mika

Funny how things like this affect others. My main concern when I first read
the post was "Is Karen ok?" Not once did I have a thought of whether or not
NanaV is ok. I was worried about you. She will get what's coming to her.
What goes around comes around. Karen you are a wonderful, caring person so
don't beat yourself up over this. And I emailed you privately before I got
to this thread. So don't beat me up either. I'm sure you've been inundated
with emails wanting to know what is going on. I will continue to participate
in HUGs because I think that the good we do with them far outweighs the rare
occasional bad apple who gets the scam over on us. I just want you to be ok.

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

Old July 16th 05, 12:33 AM
Pauline O'Connell

I think it's horrible that someone would do such a thing, but I'm wondering
how you put it together that the hug was a scam?

Pauline

Old July 16th 05, 12:49 AM
Pat in Virginia

It is too HOT to mail chocolate!! Here are some cyber chocolate:
m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m
PAT

Old July 16th 05, 01:09 AM
bckwrds

I truly don't think MS has anything to do with it. One would have to have
an abundance of mental clarity to do as she's done ,twice. It would take
bit to remember all the lies and to tie them to actual medical facts. I
still can't believe how I got suckered in by her the first time, as I've
been a cardiac care nurse for years. The information she fed us was
pretty
much correct, with only a few statements that made me wonder a bit It was
after the fact that it all came to light. Actually, I'm glad it's all out
now, because I didn't know how many had realized how bad we'd been
suckered
the first time. I felt horrible about it, but as Karen has said, we
thought
we were doing something good.
I'm sure she's reading these messages and having a delightful time
Gen

or perhaps she in such deep denial or in pain about something that
she truly doesn't understand just what she'd done. I'm not saying
what she's done is right, just saying that there is always more to a
story then what is told at first.

Donna

"Butterfly" wrote in message
She does have MS . And since I have 2 cousins that have it, I do KNOW it
does affect your mental abilities. I had hoped that she was only making
an
idle threat when she told us before that she would be back. I have a

feeling
that she has more than one personality and none of them are very nice. I
just pity her DH and DD that have to put up with her....at least her DD

was
married last I knew.... so she didn't have to live with her any more.

Butterfly (both of my cousins are in full term care facilities as one is
completely bedridden and the other has had multiple strokes--one still
has
her mental alertness, the other doesn't)

Old July 16th 05, 01:12 AM
Allyson Brown

Wow. What nerve.
I was too busy to participate in this hug, but obviously many of you did.
Can't really add anything that hasn't already been said. Just wanted to send
hugs to the Queen. Because you are a Queen of Hearts!!
aLLyson

" Ellison" wrote in message
.. .
Howdy!
I remember.
The poor pathetic critter does need prayers and good wishes
for what really ails her.
We don't do anything wrong by caring.
Hang in there, Kiddos.
Best wishes and hugs to all of you/us,
Ragmop/Sandy

eScrew [email protected] Yarn 0 December 20th 04 11:54 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Needlework 0 December 20th 04 10:23 AM
eScrew zen story [email protected] Quilting 0 December 20th 04 09:59 AM
funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 02:05 PM