ok - the story

Old July 15th 05, 09:20 PM
Jessamy

Karen consider all my chocolate yours!

and remember you did good!

--
Jessamy
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jess_ayad/my_photos
In The Netherlands
I think some chocolate would make me and Gen feel better. Yes, in fact I
know it would.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 15th 05, 09:37 PM
Queen of Squishies

No, I know you guys don't blame me in the least. Everyone is wonderful!
And I can see that this was really unavoidable in retrospect. No one
suspected anything until it was too late. Won't stop me from being involved
again.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 15th 05, 09:45 PM
Butterfly

She does have MS . And since I have 2 cousins that have it, I do KNOW it
does affect your mental abilities. I had hoped that she was only making an
idle threat when she told us before that she would be back. I have a feeling
that she has more than one personality and none of them are very nice. I
just pity her DH and DD that have to put up with her....at least her DD was
married last I knew.... so she didn't have to live with her any more.

Butterfly (both of my cousins are in full term care facilities as one is
completely bedridden and the other has had multiple strokes--one still has
her mental alertness, the other doesn't)

"Quiltshophopper" wrote in message
I agree with Carey, and maybe in NanaV's last moment of mental clarity, she
will see how ill she really is, and regret what she did to us, twice! All
that work didn't go to waste; she really is ill, just not physically.

cyndi

"Carey N." wrote in message
Okay, RCTQers, let a lurking non-quilter butt in and applaud you all for
caring enough to offer comfort to someone that was seemingly experiencing
hard times. The fact that she was not (at least, not in the way that was
described) in no way diminishes your thoughts, efforts and prayers. Your
talents and thoughtfulness have my complete admiration.
--
Carey in MA

Old July 15th 05, 09:46 PM
Butterfly

Thanks Carey, it's ppl like you that make this NG worth staying on ; )
Cyberhugs and Butterfly Kisses

Butterfly

"Carey N." wrote in message
Okay, RCTQers, let a lurking non-quilter butt in and applaud you all for
caring enough to offer comfort to someone that was seemingly experiencing
hard times. The fact that she was not (at least, not in the way that was
described) in no way diminishes your thoughts, efforts and prayers. Your
talents and thoughtfulness have my complete admiration.
--
Carey in MA

"Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
I have been pursuaded to make this public for the good of all. I didn't
feel too good about it, because I was the main instrument, but heck, it
wasn't my fault. I'm just too nice. : )

I got an email, and a follow-up phone conversation, from someone who was
around 5 years ago. This woman 'NanaV' pulled the same thing back then.
But when the Hug quilt was delivered, and she was visited in person by an
RCTQ'r from out of the country no less, her husband didn't know anything

at
all about her "bad" health situation. The name was different, and the
health situation was slightly different, as well as the added family
problems this time. When she was exposed five years ago, she threatened

be back, and to be so good at it that we would never know. She did.

There are some current RCTQ'rs of long-standing who can help me explain

and
verify this story if there are any more questions. She has a Hug
quilt........ but we have a life! sheesh.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 15th 05, 09:50 PM
Roberta

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:37:38 GMT, "Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @
KarenTucker.com wrote:

No, I know you guys don't blame me in the least. Everyone is wonderful!
And I can see that this was really unavoidable in retrospect. No one
suspected anything until it was too late. Won't stop me from being involved
again.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Me either - I don't get to participate as often as I would like
(didn't get a chance to send a block for this hug - although I would
have if I hadn't been moving) I would gladly make a block for each
and every hug just to make sure that one person that really needs it
doesn't miss out when a hug is really needed.

It's the one bad thing that comes from being giving - people will take
advantage of it. I'd rather give my heart out and let them deal with
the bad karma

Roberta (in VA)

Old July 15th 05, 09:51 PM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Well, don't that beat all!!! I remember that last hug quilt and the
bruhaha that followed. We lost the rctq participation of a dear
quilter in England shortly after that- tho I see her on the arthritis
ng every so often. I agree with everyone else. This woman is truly
sick- mentally- and prolly needs the hug quilt(s) in her sad, pathetic,
lonely little life. This will not change my mind about participating
in hugs in the future and I hope everyone else here will feel the same
way. RCTQ quilters are the bestest, mostest generous, caringest folks
around and we won't ever change.... no matter what's thrown at us.
Karen, please don't feel badly. Crap happens.... then we get on with
our wonderful, quilty lives and pity the "crappers".

Hugs 'n hugs 'n hugs plus a bunch of sloppy doggie-breath kisses from
The 'Mater Eatin' HairyButt Gang.

Leslie

Old July 15th 05, 09:53 PM
Don/Gen

I truly don't think MS has anything to do with it. One would have to have
an abundance of mental clarity to do as she's done ,twice. It would take a
bit to remember all the lies and to tie them to actual medical facts. I
still can't believe how I got suckered in by her the first time, as I've
been a cardiac care nurse for years. The information she fed us was pretty
much correct, with only a few statements that made me wonder a bit It was
after the fact that it all came to light. Actually, I'm glad it's all out
now, because I didn't know how many had realized how bad we'd been suckered
the first time. I felt horrible about it, but as Karen has said, we thought
we were doing something good.
I'm sure she's reading these messages and having a delightful time
Gen

Old July 15th 05, 09:58 PM
Morag in Oxford

I didn't participate in either of these HUGs as I joined the list only
recently. But it leasves a bad taste in the mouth, doesn't it? It makes me
sad that there are people who abuse the kindness and generosity of strangers
in this manner. But someone who mentioned karma is dead right - what goes
around, comes around.
Morag

Old July 15th 05, 10:06 PM
Patti

Don't worry, Carey. We have a dear RCTQ friend, who lives here in
England, who also doesn't quilt (yet? g). It is always great when she
pops in to say a word or two about something.
(Hope you're keeping well, Shirley!)
..
In message 4JUBe.78$xe3.74@trndny09, Carey N.
writes
Thanks for your offer of assistance, but I'm not quite geared up to learning
to quilt yet. Still enamored of cross-stitch and machine knitting. Believe
me, after seeing some of the work done by the quilters here, I know where to
go for instructions. I do enjoy just hanging around here for now, since
you're all so nice and lively, and don't seem to mind when I do join a
conversation. You are all wonderful and talented people.
--
Carey

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

eScrew [email protected] Yarn 0 December 20th 04 11:54 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Needlework 0 December 20th 04 10:23 AM
eScrew zen story [email protected] Quilting 0 December 20th 04 09:59 AM
funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 02:05 PM