OT Simple Pleasures

Old April 11th 05, 11:06 PM
Arlinda

In-laws came up from Key West and we took them to a Fla. Marlins
game...first pro-ball game (of any type) that F-I-L had ever been to.
Marlins won over Washington Nationals. It was a good time. We also found a
good Italian restaurant, Bucca di Beppo (a chain). Kinda sorry that we
found it now VBG. And, my sister passed her first hurdle to apply for a
real estate test/license. She really needed this.
Thanks for the thread, Pat.
Arlinda

Old April 11th 05, 11:20 PM
Monique Reed

I have irises blooming--transplanted them last year and now I have
dozens of soft, violet-purple blossoms.

Monique in TX
Old April 11th 05, 11:25 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Yup, that'll work! And when you finish those, the cocoa covered almonds at
Whole Foods are pretty wicked, too. ;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

Have an extra piece of Scharffen Berger for me!

We've been eating these wickedly good chocolate covered almonds from
Trader Joe's. They come in a plastic tub and are a mix of dark and milk
chocolate.

Will that do if I count the dark ones for you?

marcella

Old April 11th 05, 11:51 PM
the black rose

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Time for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you
happy this week?

Riding my bike through the NY countryside, in the zone and enjoying the
warm sun. (Finally!)

Doing the same, with my beloved husband.

Falling madly in love with my husband all over again (yes, just this
past week, hehe -- 20th anniversary coming up next month!).

Surprising my godson's mother with the gift of a quilting book she
dearly wanted but couldn't afford.

My youngest son giving me a BIG hug and saying, "Good morning!" ... at 4
in the afternoon.

--

the black rose

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old April 12th 05, 12:11 AM
Helen in WI

Spending Friday and most of Saturday alone with my oldest soon the be 14
year old grandson, what a treat! And sitting at the kitchen table holding my
90 year old dearest Mothers hand as we watch all the birds fly by the
window. Helen in WI

Old April 12th 05, 12:21 AM
Louise

Spring is reminding me how wonderful this time of year is - the iris and
lilies are starting to grow, and we've had a soft, gentle rain all day long.
And for the first time in a while, work is going really well and is almost
fun again!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
I was away for a few days ... come back to some unfortunate news here, and
some hurts too. Time for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you happy
this week? (If nothing has, no need to report ... just read a few notes and
you too might realize you do have some little pleasures in your life too!!)
I'll start off ....
On Saturday I was in Washington, DC, my nation's capitol. I went to the
Cherry Blossom Festival Parade, and then took a stroll among the blooming
cherry trees along the Tidal Basin. It was absolutely fantastic!!

Old April 12th 05, 12:22 AM
MB

A daffodil poked its head up and blossomed in my front yard.
After having no birds come to my bird feeder this winter I put it out
on the lilac tree and had chickadees and nuthatches come by 20 minutes later
!!!
Then saw a lady cardinal...tufted titmouse....finch...downy woodpecker all
in
the tree a few days later. The perm I rolled up myself ( dd administered
the
good smelling juices ) came out perfect. DH liked the casserole I made
enough
to ask me to make it again sometime ( even tho I personally didn't think it
that great !...
but I will..as.it was easy !!! )....

Old April 12th 05, 12:37 AM
Tina

WOW, I just have to say, WOW.

If you guys don't mind - I think I"m going to print these and hang them
on my fridge for a few days!

You are all just inspiring!

Tina, who has thoroughly enjoyed the "spring" at my house this
afternoon too....
just wish my little squirrels didn't think my yard swing was for their
mating entertainment,
geez, GET A ROOM!

Old April 12th 05, 01:13 AM
Sandy Foster

In article 0Mz6e.6350$d43.2708@lakeread03,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

I was away for a few days ... come back to some
unfortunate news here, and some hurts too. Time
for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you
happy this week? (If nothing has, no need to
report ... just read a few notes and you too might
realize you do have some little pleasures in your
life too!!)
I'll start off ....
On Saturday I was in Washington, DC, my nation's
capitol. I went to the Cherry Blossom Festival
Parade, and then took a stroll among the blooming
cherry trees along the Tidal Basin. It was
absolutely fantastic!!

I'll chime in with being delighted that the class I attended was every
bit as good as I'd hoped it would be. We all know that such is not
always the case.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old April 12th 05, 01:30 AM
Cindy Schmidt

LMAO. Thanks Tina. I needed that one.

--
Cindy from MO

"Tina" wrote in message
ups.com...

WOW, I just have to say, WOW.

If you guys don't mind - I think I"m going to print these and hang them
on my fridge for a few days!

You are all just inspiring!

Tina, who has thoroughly enjoyed the "spring" at my house this
afternoon too....
just wish my little squirrels didn't think my yard swing was for their
mating entertainment,
geez, GET A ROOM!

OT Life's Simple Pleasures Pat in Virginia Quilting 35 March 16th 05 06:09 PM
OT- Roll call & simple pleasures Joanne Passmore Quilting 0 January 8th 05 05:28 AM
QSD: Simple Nine Patch Pat in Virginia Quilting 59 June 8th 04 05:54 PM
Simple Knitted Edging marsie Yarn 0 February 14th 04 04:03 AM
50% off Sale at Material Pleasures Dana Marketplace 0 December 13th 03 02:55 PM