OT/CP AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaarrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

Old March 31st 05, 01:51 AM
Pogonip

CNYstitcher wrote:

So....what do I do now???

Larisa

If you like the house and the neighborhood, and you have room to add on
and an addition would accomplish what you want, it would make better
sense to add on. One caution: make sure that you would not end up with
the largest (most expensive) house in the neighborhood once you had
finished. You don't want to put a huge addition onto a small house,
either. Any new rooms should be in proportion to those you have, and
the access to the new part should not appear awkward.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/
Old March 31st 05, 01:59 AM
AliceW

When I was selling my house (had 2 cats too), I would put a cookie tray of
orange rinds in the oven on the warm setting (200 degrees). It made the
house smell wonderful. When they were done baking, I put them down the
garbage disposal. I like the suggestion about the cinnamon too!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Pogonip" wrote in message
: CNYstitcher wrote:
: okay, so far the house has been shown to 4 potential buyers.
: yeehah...not! The first people wanted a split, not a raised ranch,
: okay, no problem. We have only gotten feedback from 2 of the 3 people
: from yesterday...one said the size wasn't what they were looking for,
: the other said that there was entirely too much work to be done for the
: price we are asking, both said they smelled cats in the house.
:
: Well....duh! we are currently living in the house, we have 2 children
: and 3 cats. It has been closed up for the winter, and is just now
: getting warm enough to open the windows, so it's going to be a little
: musty. However, the entire house has been cleaned, even the carpets and
: wood work. I am currently trying to get the baseboard trim and doors
: painted, but with regular life activities, it is taking a little bit of
: time to get everything done.
:
: I am already ticked off beyond explanation. The main reason we wanted
: to move was that we knew we were going to be outgrowing this house in
: the near future, but putting an addition on would alleviate that a bit.
: Also, we have serious issues with the people across the
: street...swearing at and beating their children, and we can hear
: everything!! Well....the moving van was at their house yesterday and
: they are finishing packing out today and probably tomorrow as well.
:
: So....what do I do now???
:
: Larisa
:
: If you have an electric stove, sprinkle a little powdered cinnamon on
: the burner and turn it on low. It's cheaper, easier and faster than
: baking cookies, which also makes a house smell good. If you have a
: bread machine, time a loaf to finish up about the time viewers are
: expected. The cinnamon is easier, though.
: --
:

Old March 31st 05, 02:40 AM
CySew

Larisa, Let's hope they are NOT moving near your dream home, which you
still want and think you will need in the foreseeable future, I presume.
Just open a few windows when it warms up during the day and use lots of good
deodorizer before every appointment. Where there is a will, there is a way,
I think.
Good luck.
Emily

Old March 31st 05, 02:58 AM
CNYstitcher

LOL that was a fear when we heard that another house had sole just down
the street from the one we are looking at. HOwever, they are moving to
Savannah

Old March 31st 05, 03:00 AM
CNYstitcher

it would be off our basement, with the slider as the main access from
the house. We would probably have a separate entrance to the back yard
from it as well. Of course, we would go ahead with getting the back
yard fenced in, so there would be some security as well. I'm not
thinking of anything huge, but we need more space

Old March 31st 05, 03:06 AM
CNYstitcher

clean every morning, painting is ongoing, especially to trim and doors,
got all of the clutter that realtor suggested but still have bins that
we could load up, change litter every 3 or 4 days (we have 2 boxes, so
neither get bad), all windows have been washed, curtains are open as
soon as the sun is up (or so it seems), repairs that need to be done
have to be done by DH, which means this weekend (fix garage door,
install fan in bathroom, remove a non-functioning wire that has been
tucked into the ceiling, and scrub the paint off a couple of bricks
outside the house). We have gotten in touch with the people who did our
new entry steps because they have already started disintegrating, and
they aren't supposed to. They said they would be out here to take
pictures and determine if they need repair or replacement.

There isn't anything else. As DH says, he's not going to dump another
$3000 into this house when we have already put $20992 since June into
repairs/upgrades, and that is what it will cost to get a new driveway.
The other option is to get a home equity loan, do the driveway, fence
the back yard, and put on an addition.

BEI Design wrote:

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
. ..

So....what do I do now???

Don't panic! ;-)

You have advice from others which I second:
Make ALL necessary repairs;
Clean, clean, clean;
Fresh paint wherever it's needed;
De-clutter;
Change the litter box OFTEN;
Wash all the windows inside and out, and open the blinds/curtains;
Baking soda sprinkled on the carpets, and then vacuumed helps a lot.
Keep a small pan on the stove with some cinnamon and cloves (and
orange slices if you have them handy)gently simmering (if they ask,
tell them you're mulling cider);
Febreze for persistent trouble spots.

Patience! Good luck,

Old March 31st 05, 03:07 AM
Angrie.Woman

"BEI Design" wrote in message

"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
. ..

So....what do I do now???

Don't panic! ;-)

You have advice from others which I second:
Make ALL necessary repairs;
Clean, clean, clean;
Fresh paint wherever it's needed;
De-clutter;
Change the litter box OFTEN;
Wash all the windows inside and out, and open the blinds/curtains;
Baking soda sprinkled on the carpets, and then vacuumed helps a lot.
Keep a small pan on the stove with some cinnamon and cloves (and orange
slices if you have them handy)gently simmering (if they ask, tell them
you're mulling cider);

The seller shouldn't even be there to ask.

Old March 31st 05, 03:09 AM
CNYstitcher

cats are indoor only, they'd cower near the door if let outside, or
would think a car was friendly and end up as a squish mark on the road

She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston Guild wrote:

In article t, Jan of
Your Company uttered

we are currently living in the house, we have 2 children
and 3 cats. It has been closed up for the winter, and is just now
getting warm enough to open the windows,

Suggest you open the windows regardless (you don't live at the North
Pole do you?) and put the cats and the litter tray outside. Cats are
covered in fur, and can run about to get warm. With luck they will cr@p
in the nasty neighbours' flower beds.

Old March 31st 05, 03:44 AM

CNYstitcher wrote:

from yesterday...one said the size wasn't what they were looking for,
the other said that there was entirely too much work to be done for the
price we are asking, both said they smelled cats in the house.

Larisa, go to a janitorial supply house and get an odor eliminator. The
one I presently buy is called Zap, but they have different names.
Lightly spray all your carpeting and upholstery, and I promise you, the
cat smell will go away.
Old March 31st 05, 04:07 AM
Dannielle

Don't move the litter box! Cats are trained to one place and if you move
that box they will go where the box "used to be." Not a nice thing at all!

But don't give up. It is a very emotional process, and it takes a lot to
get through it. Your house is your home and you love it there..it's filled
with your memories. But you have found a house that you like a lot and want
it to be the one for all of your new memories. The people looking at your
house are going through the same emotional sequence you are. They are going
to find fault with your house because they still like their houses....they
just need to move on. Don't be offended, and take it all with a grain of
salt. You can get through it, if it's what you decide you really want to
do!

All the other advice....Febreeze, open windows and the like, great advice!

Dannielle

"Juno" wrote in message

[...]

USe the feed back you've had up to now in a positive way. Open your

windows
everyday, no matter the weather. 15 minutes a day does wonders. Move the
littler box to an area where it won't live an odor. Change the litter

every
day, twice a day if necessary. Rethink the neighborhood and the fact that
the aggrivation is gone. Consider enlarging what you have and staying.

Have
faith in the agent. The house has just gone on the market.
Juno