Quick Quilt top dance

Old March 8th 05, 01:03 AM
Bonnie NJ

I'm sure your SIL will be thrilled with her new quilt it's lovely.
--
Bonnie
NJ
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
You would think I did that on purpose, wouldnt you? :-)
Diana

"frood" wrote in message
Spike and Giles are doing a Quicktime Happy Dance! A stash quilt is an
amazing thing. I should try one sometime. G

I love the border treatment, how the first pink border peeks into the
next
one. Very cool.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamo...=18f9.jpg&.src
=ph
SIL is coming to visit for two weeks, starting this Sunday. I thought
it
would be nice if she had a quilt to sleep under and then save me
postage
and
the worry of sending it to New Brunswick by making her a very fast
Irish
Chain quilt. It looks as tho it will be finished while she is here,

there
are no batting pieces big enough to put together here.
The Irish Chain part is a large scale pink/yellow and blue floral
paisley,
the chain is a deep raspberry geometric tone on tone, and the borders

are
bit of this and that found in the stash. I think she will love it. It

had
small accident and a small crochet heart applique will be needed to
mend

tear in the border. Lesson learned? Use the seam ripper. :-)
It just dawned on me that this is a totally made from stash quilt!
Yay!
You all have been a good influence on me. My piecing is finally
reaching
the
acceptable level and that makes me think I wont give up on quilting

after
all. Not yet. :-)
Diana

--
I know all the answers, it's the questions I have problems with

Old March 8th 05, 01:26 AM
Diana Curtis

Thank you Bonnie. I hope youre right. I have only met her once since DH and
I met, tho we talk on the phone a bit. I dont know what her tastes are
except that she is a big Disney fan. I think this has a Disneyesque quality
to it. ;-)
Diana

ink.net...

Old March 8th 05, 01:28 AM
Diana Curtis

Wow, thank you! It seems my favorite quilts always start with a few blocks
and then a "now, what do I do?" kind of attitude. I feel the urge to do
more! lol
Diana

"Louise" wrote in message
I like, I like, I like! Such a lucky SIL! You did a great job of designing
this one, and the colors are terrific.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old March 8th 05, 01:29 AM
Diana Curtis

Pansies, on a black background, or white?
Diana

"Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote in message
Wow! Next time you have 10 minutes or so you can throw one of those
together for me. I like pansies.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us

Old March 8th 05, 01:30 AM
Diana Curtis

Thank you Sherri,
What colors will you be using in your Triple?
Diana

"sdgodfrey" wrote in message
Wow, it's wonderful when a quick quilt turns out this fabulous. I'm
starting a Triple Irish Chain for my sister next week and I'm really
looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing your quilt...Irish Chains are
one of my favorites. (Although I do have many "favorites")

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

Old March 8th 05, 01:31 AM
DDM

That is very pretty, Diana, and I know your SIL will be thrilled to get it.
I like the way it looks like the 9 patch quilt is laying kitty-cornered on
top of another quilt.

Dee in LeRoy, NY

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamo...=18f9.jpg&.src
=ph
SIL is coming to visit for two weeks, starting this Sunday. I thought it
would be nice if she had a quilt to sleep under and then save me postage

and
the worry of sending it to New Brunswick by making her a very fast Irish
Chain quilt. It looks as tho it will be finished while she is here, there
are no batting pieces big enough to put together here.
The Irish Chain part is a large scale pink/yellow and blue floral

paisley,
the chain is a deep raspberry geometric tone on tone, and the borders are

bit of this and that found in the stash. I think she will love it. It had

small accident and a small crochet heart applique will be needed to mend a

Old March 8th 05, 01:31 AM
Diana Curtis

I have an unmarried brother too. ;-)
Thank you, Donna!
Diana

"Donna" wrote in message
Love it!! What a lucky SIL!!

--
Donna in NE La.

Old March 8th 05, 02:03 AM
Jalynne

You did such a good job! I know that it isn't your style, but SIL
will love it. Consider it a trial run for your own! Also, I think
you should get extra points for making it a stash quilt.

Jalynne - Queen Gypsy
http://www.100megsfree4.com/jalynne
Keeper of the Quilt for ME list

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:40:25 -0600, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamo...=18f9.jpg&.src
=ph
SIL is coming to visit for two weeks, starting this Sunday. I thought it
would be nice if she had a quilt to sleep under and then save me postage and
the worry of sending it to New Brunswick by making her a very fast Irish
Chain quilt. It looks as tho it will be finished while she is here, there
are no batting pieces big enough to put together here.
The Irish Chain part is a large scale pink/yellow and blue floral paisley,
the chain is a deep raspberry geometric tone on tone, and the borders are a
bit of this and that found in the stash. I think she will love it. It had a

Old March 8th 05, 03:49 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Cute-cute-cute-cute-cute!

And so is the quilt top!
Ragmop/Sandy

Old March 8th 05, 03:54 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Diana Curtis" wrote:

Only if you click on the link. :-)
Diana

blush How did I miss that??? The quilt is truly as lovely as it
sounded, Diana! I know your SIL will be thrilled!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education