Rowdy quilters

Old January 22nd 05, 06:12 AM
Jeri Jo A. Redman

Perhaps receiving a quilt would put them more at ease. ;-)

Whoohoo!
Dreamweaver - Rowdy quilters...ha! Trouble with the Authorities? Quilters?
Never! Now I know Miz Sairey and/or the Red Queen could vouch first-hand
that we are a respectable, low-key bunch...of course they'd be lying through
their teeth! BEG

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
m...
http://www.mtstandard.com/articles/2...jihjjjgbfd.txt

Obviously the Butte-Silver Bow planning commission knows a few of us.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old January 22nd 05, 10:04 AM
M Rimmer

In message , Shirley Ellen
writes
*LOL* Too funny. We have our retreats at the Harrison Hot Springs Hotel and
we have been given a curfew by them if we want to continue to stay there.
There are too many quilters running up and down the hallways at all times of
the night making too much noise (giggling and being silly mostly). Our
sewing area is open 24 hours.

You were lucky to find a hotel to let you in at all. Many hotels have a
blanket (excuse the pun) ban on groups of quilters. They've had too many
sewing machines thrown out of windows, swimming pool filters clogged
with threads, and towels stolen for use as batting in baby quilts.
--
M Rimmer

Old January 22nd 05, 01:35 PM
Kate Dicey

M Rimmer wrote:

In message , Shirley Ellen
writes

*LOL* Too funny. We have our retreats at the Harrison Hot Springs
Hotel and
we have been given a curfew by them if we want to continue to stay there.
There are too many quilters running up and down the hallways at all
times of
the night making too much noise (giggling and being silly mostly). Our
sewing area is open 24 hours.

You were lucky to find a hotel to let you in at all. Many hotels have a
blanket (excuse the pun) ban on groups of quilters. They've had too many
sewing machines thrown out of windows, swimming pool filters clogged
with threads, and towels stolen for use as batting in baby quilts.

Like the famous hotel in London... No quilting there! Strange folk
- they objected to quilters cutting little squares and triangles out of
the curtains and bed covers for their quilts...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 22nd 05, 04:54 PM
Betty in Wi

Besides.........just look at all the free publicity they got on this
newsgroup!!! 6000 quilters now know about it!!

Betty in WI

"Mary in Rock Island IL" wrote in message
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

http://www.mtstandard.com/articles/2...jihjjjgbfd.txt

Obviously the Butte-Silver Bow planning commission knows a few of us.

I shared this story with some quilty friends. One of them found this
follow up story

http://www.mtstandard.com/articles/2...jihijjfagf.txt

Guess they don't know us all that well....

Mary

Old January 22nd 05, 06:28 PM
Regina

Yeah, my husband says that's where he used to go hang out to pick up
loose women. Because, he wanted to find out more about the stitch in
the ditch. That was until he got arrested and thrown in jail. Yeah he
got caught and they said "Book him, Dano!" And Dano said, "It looks
like we got this case all sewed up!"
Gina

Old January 22nd 05, 08:02 PM
Fred Lebow

It seems clear to me that most of the rowdy element in the quilting industry
come from Montana
Me I live near Kalispell MT

Fred

--
Fred Lebow

http://www.htcwproducts.net

Old January 22nd 05, 09:25 PM
Diana Curtis

Oh, do you quilt, too, Fred?
Diana :-)

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 22nd 05, 10:01 PM
DrQuilter

how about this quote from the first article:

Studies show the demographic of quilters is 99 percent women, she said,
with an average age of 58

do you think really the average age is 58??? that sounds hight to me. a
LOT of the quilters I know are under 58. unless the older ones are less
'social'? I can see how they could be less involved in a quilting
newsgroup...

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old January 22nd 05, 10:13 PM
Diana Curtis

Perhaps older quilters have more time and financial resources to attend
retreats and they are the ones that got counted? Id love to know how they
came up with their numbers too. I dont know what the average age is for
quilters. I dont know that there is *anything* average about quilters
anyway. ;-)
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old January 22nd 05, 10:27 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"DrQuilter" wrote in message
how about this quote from the first article:

Studies show the demographic of quilters is 99 percent women, she said,
with an average age of 58

do you think really the average age is 58??? that sounds hight to me. a
LOT of the quilters I know are under 58. unless the older ones are less
'social'? I can see how they could be less involved in a quilting
newsgroup...

Funny, 58 sounded *low* to me, thinking about the ladies I see at guild! LOL
I just did a quick calculation, and the average age of my quilt circle is
58.8 -- I'm the baby at 41, and our oldest member is 82.

But working in the sciences, I know you had enough statistics classes in
school to know that it's all in how you select your sample population. I'm
sure I could design a study to show that the average quilter is (insert
characteristic here) if you let me carefully select my sample.